BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

The standard of players we have now, is the standard, that our club will now get. Just hope we don't start getting really s*&t players, as we have done before.

Well the way I see it is you generally get what you pay for in football. Every season we spend in the Championship, our wage bill will get smaller and our players will get worse. The 2 ways to fight against the current are to get in an impressive manager who can attract players with his reputation, or to get in someone who can give us a credible shot at promotion next season before we lose the rest of the parachute payment money and the few high earners we have left.

We wasted last season on the insane managerial merry go round and we've wasted this season on Bowyer. In my opinion he hasn't shipped out the deadwood and brought in young hungry players, he's merely followed the long-term trend since Allardyce was sacked of getting rid of quality and replacing it with less talented grafters. Whats happened to us this season is what would have happened to us in 2000/01 if Brian Kidd had been replaced with Tony Parkes instead of Graeme Souness.

Bowyer simply can't be allowed to waste another season, the only reason we aren't down where we were last season is because there's been no Berg/Appleton to consider. We haven't improved, and I think our recent form is clearly showing that.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Mr Bowyer, Mr Myers and Venkys and Mr Shaw.

First of all it is admirable at the stability that has been given to the club after 3yrs of implosion, misguided leadership, a series of costly errors and of course the leeches that almost bled BRFC dry.

Tonight finally nailed our promotion hopes meaning that we will again play our football in The Championship next season.

Just a few pointers from a supporters point of view as to the way forward.

Robinson must be replaced with a more mobile goalkeeper who will not constantly concede goals at his near post.

Dunny, as good as he has been, is clearly past football at this level. Its time to grass him out or send him to a health farm through the summer to lose at least 2 stone and come back fit for next season.

You must employ a 4-4-2 formation when playing at home.

Rhodes needs support and a supply line so play 2 wingers out of King, Taylor, Conway, Marshall.

Williamson is not the answer to a defensive midfielder.

Cairney needs to play in a central role NOT out wide.

You need to teach the defence how to close out a game, how to make a challenge and to stop them sitting back inviting the opposition to attack.

You need to employ tactical nouse from the off, not when it is too late.

That's the starting point.

I don't understand these 2 points.

4-4-2 isn't the best formation for us. Rhodes plays better without a big striker next to him, it isn't a coincedence that Rhodes has scored barely any since we have reverted to 4-4-2, and when he did, one was v Burnley when I think Gestede was a sub, his hat trick came at Huddersfield when Gestede went off early and tonight he scored 2 without Gestede. He plays best as the last man and we look more balanced as we have some good midfielders.

Also Williamson did well again tonight, he looks a decent player without Lowe. Put himself about and composed on the ball.

4-4-2 is a massively outdated formation i'm afraid, and doesn't work because the majority of team play a 5 man midfield whether its a 4-5-1 a 4-2-3-1 or whatever it still equates to a 5 man midfield. By playing a 4-4-2 you are instantly giving a man away in the middle of the park and cant afford to do that.

1 SOCCER Blackburn Quotes

BOWYER BLASTS DEFENSIVE EFFORT

Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer thought his side's defending was ``not acceptable'' as they twice surrendered a lead to draw 3-3 with Brighton.

In a game of real entertainment, the visitors struck first after 17 minutes when David Rodriguez drilled in his first Brighton goal with a near post effort.

But Blackburn struck twice before the interval when Jordan Rhodes diverted Tom Cairney's free-kick past Tomasz Kuszczak before Cairney marked his first appearance since February with a smart close range finish.

Gordon Greer flicked in an equaliser with 11 minutes remaining before he was adjudged to have brought down Rhodes, who stroked home his 50th Rovers goal from the spot.

But Bowyer's side were sucker-punched with a fine header from Dale Stephens moments later to extend Rovers' home winless run to four, and the manager showed his displeasure after a result that leaves his side seven points from the play-offs.

He said: ``We're on the receiving end of it tonight. In the last two games it's been us scoring late on, but I think that's the least we deserved. Brighton only had four shots on target. I'm majorly disappointed because the first goal we scored was an outstanding finish, second goal was an unbelievable move and third goal was a penalty.

``And then you look at the goals we've conceded, I'm majorly disappointed with the standard of goals.

``We just said there we can't keep saying 'we've scored three goals'. We've scored eight in the last three games and we've got three points to show for it.

``The manner in which we conceded the goals is not acceptable. We've kept 12 clean sheets this season and we have to get back to that quickly because we're scoring goals.

``We've got to turn these performances into results and start winning games instead of drawing games otherwise it's going to cost us.''

In the disappointment, Bowyer was quick to praise 'magnificent' Rhodes as his second score brought up his half century of Blackburn goals in just under two seasons.

``Magnificent. In under two years that's some going. The first goal is an outstanding finish and the second goal, he's so cool taking the penalties,'' Bowyer said.

Blackburn's recent indifferent run has now seen them win just once in the last eight but Bowyer believes with the correct application, the play-offs are still achievable.

He said: ``We have to work hard on the training ground and get back to that mentality of not conceding goals, clean out individual errors and piece it all together for a final push.''

Brighton missed a chance of their own to put pressure on sixth-placed Reading but the draw moves them within three points of the final play-off spot and ends a run of three straight defeats.

Brighton assistant head coach Nathan Jones was pleased with the character displayed to halt that run.

He said: ``Today was the least effective we've been in terms of possession and control of the game and ironically enough we scored more goals than we have in the previous three but that's football.

``We're very pleased with that point because it stops the run we're on, it's a game in hand so it takes us a point closer to the play-off pack so that's one pleasing thing.

``Nowadays if you're four points off it, it takes two results and two games. Now it's one game to get us back in it and that's a positive really.

``Plus the manner of it, to concede a penalty in the 86th/87th minute which we feel was unbelievably harsh and then to come back to get a point, we're pleased.

``We've got a fantastic character. It's just that we haven't had to be in that position too many times this season where we've had to chase stuff after conceding late goals because our defensive record has been outstanding so it shows a lot of character.''

I wonder when the 'push' and play-off talk will end. Desai and co. will be in for a shock when they actually check the table.

Desai will be in for more of a shock next season when the draw for the European cups are made and we are not in it

I wonder when the 'push' and play-off talk will end. Desai and co. will be in for a shock when they actually check the table.

What was it Keano used to say ?

It's not all about winning, it's about the value of the squad !

Do you think she understands the table btw ?

What was it Keano used to say ?

It's not all about winning, it's about the value of the squad !

Do you think she understands the table btw ?

Funny you should mention that as Bowyer mentioned it in his Radio rovers interview about how the players had increased in value since being here.

Funny you should mention that as Bowyer mentioned it in his Radio rovers interview about how the players had increased in value since being here.

Really !

I often wonder whether someone told Balaji that Jordan Rhodes is going to be the next ' big thing ' and clubs

from around the world will be making offers of £30m plus for his services in a year or two, that's why he payed £8m for him.

Really !

I often wonder whether someone told Balaji that Jordan Rhodes is going to be the next ' big thing ' and clubs

from around the world will be making offers of £30m plus for his services in a year or two, that's why he payed £8m for him.

Yeah can't remember if it was at half time (they played the last part of an interview that they ran before kick off) or if it was the after match, but was said, as it made me think , oh dear where have I heard this before.

Regarding Rhodes that would not surprise me as it seems that was the business model they were sold when they became the ones chosen by the spiv and his friends to buy the club, if you re-read Desai's quick guide to a top 6 Prem finish and getting into Europe

Dear Mr Bowyer, Mr Myers and Venkys and Mr Shaw.

First of all it is admirable at the stability that has been given to the club after 3yrs of implosion, misguided leadership, a series of costly errors and of course the leeches that almost bled BRFC dry.

Tonight finally nailed our promotion hopes meaning that we will again play our football in The Championship next season.

Just a few pointers from a supporters point of view as to the way forward.

Robinson must be replaced with a more mobile goalkeeper who will not constantly concede goals at his near post.

Dunny, as good as he has been, is clearly past football at this level. Its time to grass him out or send him to a health farm through the summer to lose at least 2 stone and come back fit for next season.

Rhodes needs support and a supply line so play 2 wingers out of King, Taylor, Conway, Marshall.

Cairney needs to play in a central role NOT out wide.

You need to teach the defence how to close out a game, how to make a challenge and to stop them sitting back inviting the opposition to attack.

You need to employ tactical nouse from the off, not when it is too late.

That's the starting point.

He's had one year to improve these aspects and yet?

SACK HIM, he will soon be the definition of madness.

Brighton managed to score three goals away from home last night having stuggled to find the net at all in their previous games. Can't keep putting that down to bad luck and decision going against us.

When Robbinson first came back we stringed together some clean sheets, as much as I wasn't his biggest fan Scott Dann was part of that and was by all accounts at least a good communicator at the back. Hanley is struggling for form and Kilgallon despite his years is new to the club and had a history of injuries which mean he is not as experienced as we would like.

The every changing back five (inc Goalkeeper) can not help, nor can the every changing midfield and wide men in front of them.

Good teams have a consutant side, injuries have been partly to blame but also I do not think Bowyer knows his favoured 11. I'm pretty sure the fans don't either but we are not paid to know that.

Being away here in Dubai this season has taken some of the edge off the decline for me but it still grates.

I have never been the biggest GB fan but I do recognise the cards he is being dealt by the owners make it more and more challenging.

From 1st April he has to reduce the wage bill by another 25%; although the positives may mean that this will almost certainly mean that Robbo and Dunny will go at the end of the season.

He also has the problem of Rhodes refusing to sign a new 5 year contract that will "tie" him in (read instead: " increase his transfer fee").

We have no choice but to rely on the young ones and regular loanees/journeymen.

Times are going to be increasingly challenging down at Ewood. We need every fan we can get through the gates and every corporate £ we can get; this is at the very same time as we are leaching more and more fans. Last night there were barely 7,000 on.

I said it when he appointed & I will say it again . He was appointed as the cheap option and as a yes man..

The more he gets interviewed the more he sounds like he is Steve Kean. It's like they have a venky script to read from and woe be tied if they dare digress . I don't know if last nights on radio rovers was bad reception but he sounded like he had cracked and mumbled and bumbled through it . Like I said May have been reception.

I have never been the biggest GB fan but I do recognise the cards he is being dealt by the owners make it more and more challenging.

From 1st April he has to reduce the wage bill by another 25%; although the positives may mean that this will almost certainly mean that Robbo and Dunny will go at the end of the season.

He also has the problem of Rhodes refusing to sign a new 5 year contract that will "tie" him in (read instead: " increase his transfer fee").

We have no choice but to rely on the young ones and regular loanees/journeymen.

Times are going to be increasingly challenging down at Ewood. We need every fan we can get through the gates and every corporate £ we can get; this is at the very same time as we are leaching more and more fans. Last night there were barely 7,000 on.

how do u know the wage bill has to be cut another 25%???

Also has Rhodes reject this new contract that the owners offered him???.

I do agree that Robbo and Dunn will be gone. maybe Hanley and Rhodes gone aswell.

Plus us looking on free transfers to sign with the odd cash buy i guess will be the budget this summer WHOEVER the manager is.

how do u know the wage bill has to be cut another 25%???

Also has Rhodes reject this new contract that the owners offered him???.

I do agree that Robbo and Dunn will be gone. maybe Hanley and Rhodes gone aswell.

Plus us looking on free transfers to sign with the odd cash buy i guess will be the budget this summer WHOEVER the manager is.

Sorry but I cannot tell you how I know. However I expect you will read about it at some stage Chaddy.

Sorry but I cannot tell you how I know. However I expect you will read about it at some stage Chaddy.

i guess a very good source has told you..

I expected the budget cuts to happen tbh. with them happening(if they do) cant expect to miracles from whoever the manager is. If we do sack Bowyer(I wouldnt) cant expect to attract a good manager with big budget happening

i guess a very good source has told you..

I expected the budget cuts to happen tbh. with them happening(if they do) cant expect to miracles from whoever the manager is. If we do sack Bowyer(I wouldnt) cant expect to attract a good manager with big budget happening

Chaddy, believe me or not that is your choice. Many unemployed managers would jump at the opportunity to manage at Rovers regardless of our lunatic owners, I do not see budget as being the main issue as to whether we would get a new manager or not.....the issue is too many managers and wannabe managers and too few opportunities. However it would be a massive challenge given our resources and the need to please the owners.

I agree miracles can't be expected. What we will get is mid-table mediocracy at the very best and probably a fair bit of courting with potential relegation.

Times are going to be VERY tough.

Archived