BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Let's be realistic? OK then booth.

1. Rhodes will leave within in a couple of years anyway won't he?

2. Rhodes could suffer a serious injury like vokes ww did last week.

3. We are the only club with Jordan Rhodes on the books yet there are a dozen or so above us.

Truth is that we can not and dare not become a one man team.

Rhodes is excellent finisher. we would miss him but we can still find a striker or two to replace his goals.

if Rhodes was to go/leave then I would look at signing Sam Baldock from Bristol City. scored goals in this league before.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Mr Baldock will look at us.... and that is no longer a given is it?

Sorry I've never heard of him. tbh I don't know enough about football league journeymen strikers (and neither have I seen many live) to comment chaddy. Mind you I'd never heard of Rudy Gestede before Bowyer turned up with him but he's a good player alright.

2. IMO there has to concerns regarding the fitness of the players. This has contributed to the number of injuries we have had - as well as the lack of concentration in defence at times (something that Hughes was quick to point out when he took over).

I realise it's only words but I am adamant I can help Rovers in this aspect.

Good get yer boots on we need a good defender who can concentrate!....... CH or FB Maj?

2. IMO there has to concerns regarding the fitness of the players. This has contributed to the number of injuries we have had - as well as the lack of concentration in defence at times (something that Hughes was quick to point out when he took over).

dont you already work for a football club tho???

This is what I've thought about the injuries and a professional opinion has now backed this up.

• Backroom

Interesting how this thread hasn't seen any action after a comfortable 2-0 win :huh:

Well done to Mr Bowyer for matching a manager with vastly more experience. Considering how often you're reviled as a tactical dunce on here it's nothing short of a miracle :tu:

Did anyone else hear him on RR after the game? Once again he had a pop at the fans for being 'flat' in the first half. There was absolutely no need to say anything. Bowyer's teams are flatter than Amarillo's bad dreams yet somehow the fans are at fault. As though we should happy-clap like lunatics at whatever agricultural midfield he puts out. We need something to get excited about but he sells, loans out or benches anyone remotely exciting. I can only assume he HAS to play Rhodes or he'd probably dropped too (Door wide open there, Gordon ;) ) because he does the one thing to excite people in a Bowyer side - score goals.

I was going to let it go due to the fact he won a game, until I read DE's post, but it really does hack me off. Being 'likeable' is one of the few tools in Gaz's box. Lose that and he could quickly become Kean Mk II.

And DE, McCarthy has an inferior team but is still higher in the league than we are.

• Backroom

Fact is people are happy to criticise Bowyer non stop, but when something positive happens there is always a negative spin put on it or it just isn't mentioned at all. Absolutely no balance. It's exactly the same in the Rhodes thread.

Interesting how this thread hasn't seen any action after a comfortable 2-0 win :huh:

Well done to Mr Bowyer for matching a manager with vastly more experience. Considering how often you're reviled as a tactical dunce on here it's nothing short of a miracle :tu:

Cheap shot. All the criticism of Bowyer has been constructive and Blackburn Rovers are in the results business. And it really is as simple as that.

• Backroom

All the criticism of Bowyer has been constructive

It definitely hasn't.

If you're willing to criticise somebody you also have to praise them if/when they do something right. It says it all that not a single post was made on this thread after yesterday's win. If we'd drawn or lost it probably would have gained 2 or 3 new pages of "Bowyer Out".

Fact is people are happy to criticise Bowyer non stop, but when something positive happens there is always a negative spin put on it or it just isn't mentioned at all. Absolutely no balance. It's exactly the same in the Rhodes thread.

But people have in the match thread?

Perhaps you could have posted such to start the ball rolling? Well done on getting 3 points yesterday GB, well done!!! I'm not too happy about the fans pop but we'll let that slide as you got 3 points.

Couldn't agree more. People moan about lack of experience but it's his first job for goodness sake. Of course he is inexperienced. Even, Ferguson and Clough had to start somewhere. People seem to think that an experienced manager is a guaranteed ticket to success. Well I'm not sure QPR fans think that at the moment and they have probably the most experienced manager in the division. As for saying that Ewood was flat in the first half. So what - it was. Perhaps Gary is too honest for his own good. Perhaps folk would prefer a return to the fictional yarns that Steve Kean liked to come out with. It seems that some fans just can't enjoy a win anymore without finding another reason for a moan.

It definitely hasn't.

If you're willing to criticise somebody you also have to praise them if/when they do something right. It says it all that not a single post was made on this thread after yesterday's win. If we'd drawn or lost it probably would have gained 2 or 3 new pages of "Bowyer Out".

All the criticism I have seen relates to his selection, tactics or comments and none has been personal. He has made errors aplenty but yesterday we won, hence no complaints. That is football.

• Backroom

Were you there? If so what do you think tactically won us the game?

I thought he got the lineup spot on but forgot the tactics

To me we had no direction or aim in the first half at all (to the extent I was wondering why I was bothering boring myself with it frequently) and it they were at the races the game could have been lost then, the game turned on a moment of class by Rudy and Rhodes when it looked with the former was going to be hauled off if the ball went out of play, maybe that's his 'if you can't be good be lucky' moment.

Until that point they were set up well as an away team exposing us down our right a few times and nearly nicked a breakaway goal but for a weak finish.

At least we seem to be coming out better in the second half at the moment but he doesn't seem to be able to get his team going from the off.

I'm still of the opinion give him a good handful of games next season but if we had the chance of a new man with calibre id probably snap their hand off

Couldn't agree more. People moan about lack of experience but it's his first job for goodness sake. Of course he is inexperienced. Even, Ferguson and Clough had to start somewhere. People seem to think that an experienced manager is a guaranteed ticket to success. Well I'm not sure QPR fans think that at the moment and they have probably the most experienced manager in the division. As for saying that Ewood was flat in the first half. So what - it was. Perhaps Gary is too honest for his own good. Perhaps folk would prefer a return to the fictional yarns that Steve Kean liked to come out with. It seems that some fans just can't enjoy a win anymore without finding another reason for a moan.

Are you not doing the same? Ewood was flat in the 1st half, but we won, so you don't need to mention it. Or if you do spin it round.

It really is becoming them and us, the polar opposite of how it used to be. Now we get about 8-10K watching so some 16-18K have walked. If the divide is constantly being made bigger, more will follow and then were will we be? Someone needs to be the bigger man in all of this and start to bridge the divide.

The first half was a bit scrappy but once we got the goal we came to life, it was good to hear the fans help drive the team on once that happened. Hopefully we can start that way against QPR and get the crowd behind us from the off on Tuesday. The lads love it when the crowd are behind them so it was great to see it happen today.

Just as GB would appear to need some help tactically, perhaps he needs some help with articulating himself or communication?

Fergie's early career, east stirling, st mirren was littered with failure, st mirren sacked him. But he always turned to Jock stein for advice. St Mirren claimed he had no managerial ability at all. Even Aberdeen he had issues with some of the players in the early days. he failed a lot at the start.

• Moderation Lead

It definitely hasn't.

True DE- but it goes both ways, people on the other side of the fence should be willing to accept criticism that comes his way when it goes wrong, instead of just being thankful to him for not being any of our managers post Allardyce.

The criticism of Bowyer comes down to people criticising him when he simply could be doing better as manager of the club.

He's made that many tactical errors of judgment, makes substitutions at the wrong time/not at all.

Appreciate you are always going to back your mate but it's getting a bit silly now.

Ferguson started at East Stirlingshire and graduated to St Mirren.

Clough started at Hartlepool(s) and went on to Derby.

Both were unparalleled geniuses until Mourinho came along, and none of those three were daft enough to put themselves into the spotlight before they had cut their teeth. Bowyer has been promoted too soon, for good reason, although much like Kean, and he really ought to be a bit more restrained, if not humble and magnanimous.

There was no need for Bowyer, after a 2-0 win, to make any derogatory comments about the - let's not forget - loyal fans who have suffered through the last 3 years of @#/? and still continue to attend despite the flaccid football on show. He should be thanking fans for their patience. Despite what I and others vent on a messageboard he has had little-to-no grief from the fans, aside from a few boos in the very recent past.

Much like his continued playing of Lowe, when fit, he can't seem to resist sticking two fingers up at us when he gets a decent result. [Note to self: never seen Bowyer and DE in the same place at the same time ^_^]

Let's hope he's learning on and off the field.

Archived