BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The team were have now is better suited for the Championship than the team that got relegated, imo. Too many players who had no intention of playing in this league and weren't even putting in close to 100%. Martin Olsson was one of the worst for this. The players we've got in since may not have the natural talent of some of those who we've since let go, but there's nothing worse than knowing a player on the pitch isn't giving his all for the cause (enjoying the MOTD sofa, Danny?).

Were the players that got us relegated from the premiership good then? - clearly not.

Maybe we do need players with proven premiership pedigree - Danny Murphy anyone?

That @#/? charlatan coco got us relegated aided and abetted by the Rao's

Were the players that got us relegated from the premiership good then? - clearly not.

Maybe we do need players with proven premiership pedigree - Danny Murphy anyone?

What about the players sold before we got relegated?

Get Samba and Jones back and things would be much much different I guarantee!

No you're right Abbey - the team that got us relegated was great - all talented and completely committed to the club.

So this team would of been relegated without Steve kean?

I'd rather have Ryan nelsen , Salgado , Phil jones etc in my team

No you're right Abbey - the team that got us relegated was great - all talented and completely committed to the club.

So who got us relegated then? The "tremblers", the players, or could it have been Raos, Anderson and Kean?

I know which I'd go for.

So who got us relegated then? The "tremblers", the players, or could it have been Raos, Anderson and Kean?

I know which I'd go for.

Systematically replacing quality with @#/?. Starting with Allardyce.

• Moderation Lead

Systematically replacing quality with @#/?. Starting with Allardyce.

I think J-Bizzle is blaming the above at all levels for our demise, at least that's how I saw it...

WHOOPS: I put this in the wrong thread!!

I disagree with Ewood Spark. He blames the fans and I believe the fans did not demonstrate enough. Just imagine if similar happened at Newcastle, Sunderland etc etc, unfortunately Rovers fans are too tame. However I do believe we should not have a witch hunt against ES. Whilst his views are different he is entitled to them. In the same way I very much disagree with Parson Blue re Bowyer; Parson sees little if any fault in Bowyer yet gets upset if anyone has the audacity to criticise Bowyer; I believe Parson Blue is wrong, I have seen little to impress me with GB from day 1 but again he is a entitled to his view and I am prepared to read it without blowing a gasket.

So let off ES. And thank goodness we can express ourselves. If you look at the time of his recent posts it suggest he may have had a tipple or two.

A great big thank you to Gary Bowyer, he has done a solid job in difficult circumstances. He HAS helped stabilise the club in a massive way. We are a solid championship club capable of beating anyone on our day.

It is a great place to be from where we were.... in freefall, heading for oblivion and looking like Portsmouth more and more everyday. The decline has been arrested, the club purged of the evil, stupid and deluded clowns, well at the operational level anyway. Confused, Barry and Madame clown are thankfully quiet and a proper board structure is starting to take shape. All be it a board headed by a rouge CEO who can't operate a fax machine, record debts and clear dependence on owners no one trusts. Still we have a large proportion of the stabilty we craved and an uneasy peace has set in. Its good to be talking about football again.

So where now? The stabilty can't last we have to address the finacial meltdown. If we need to go up to save the club then we have to roll the dice again with all the risk that entails. It means trusting clowns to appoint the right manager and it also means the undoubted end of the club as we know it if we fail.

If its about reducing the debt, selling our best players, replacing them with cheap gems but holding water then we are on the right path and we have the right team in place to do that. Its clear to me however a large proportion of the fanbase will not stand for this approach.

I don't think Bowyer can take us to the Premier League. The play-offs are a lottery you cant build your season around that as a target and we are a long way from the top 2 in terms of consistency. Bowyer is a coach, a good one who has a good eye for talent but he is not a manager. This is obvious from how he talks about the squad. He is one of the boys and this only works for so long, when difficult decisions have to be made it will fall apart. We need a man manager, a strong tactician and someone who can manage experienced pros and temperamental talent, not just kids.

Above all that however Bowyer has to STAY, we HAVE to settle for what we have for one simple reason... Venky's WILL NOT appoint the right person. The risks of firing Bowyer are enormous and should not be under estimated or taken lightly. I don't like it but I'm pragmatic enough to accept it.

The club is at stake and thats why Bowyer has to stay.

A great big thank you to Gary Bowyer, he has done a solid job in difficult circumstances. He HAS helped stabilise the club in a massive way. We are a solid championship club capable of beating anyone on our day.

It is a great place to be from where we were.... in freefall, heading for oblivion and looking like Portsmouth more and more everyday. The decline has been arrested, the club purged of the evil, stupid and deluded clowns, well at the operational level anyway. Confused, Barry and Madame clown are thankfully quiet and a proper board structure is starting to take shape. All be it a board headed by a rouge CEO who can't operate a fax machine, record debts and clear dependence on owners no one trusts. Still we have a large proportion of the stabilty we craved and an uneasy peace has set in. Its good to be talking about football again.

So where now? The stabilty can't last we have to address the finacial meltdown. If we need to go up to save the club then we have to roll the dice again with all the risk that entails. It means trusting clowns to appoint the right manager and it also means the undoubted end of the club as we know it if we fail.

If its about reducing the debt, selling our best players, replacing them with cheap gems but holding water then we are on the right path and we have the right team in place to do that. Its clear to me however a large proportion of the fanbase will not stand for this approach.

I don't think Bowyer can take us to the Premier League. The play-offs are a lottery you cant build your season around that as a target and we are a long way from the top 2 in terms of consistency. Bowyer is a coach, a good one who has a good eye for talent but he is not a manager. This is obvious from how he talks about the squad. He is one of the boys and this only works for so long, when difficult decisions have to be made it will fall apart. We need a man manager, a strong tactician and someone who can manage experienced pros and temperamental talent, not just kids.

Above all that however Bowyer has to STAY, we HAVE to settle for what we have for one simple reason... Venky's WILL NOT appoint the right person. The risks of firing Bowyer are enormous and should not be under estimated or taken lightly. I don't like it but I'm pragmatic enough to accept it.

Your crescendo does not match the rest of your post. It's like you've laid out exactly why we need a new manager and then got cold feet.

Given how little we trust Venkys, I would have written your last line as "The club is at stake and thats why we need promotion". The trouble with that is that you and I dint think Bowyer can do so.

This

Great post but you choked at the end there ;-)

A key point you made is the one that a large proportion of the fan base won't stand for the current approach.

I can see sub 10,000 gates by next season.

Good post. I think similarly but come to the conclusion Bowyer needs to go.

It's a catch 22. Bowyer won't get us up and the chances of Venkys appointing an appropriate manager are very remote - heck they've a lot more chance of getting someone who will do more damage!

But a certainty not to get us up (Bowyer) IMO is worse than the slim chance that the new chap chosen will get us up (unlikely, but at least there's a chance.) It's a bit like a terminal patient - with one treatment (Bowyer) being a manged slow decline but eventual death, whereas another treatment may bring about death quicker, but there is a slim chance it'll lead to recovery (a new manager). It's not a great choice but you know what you'd go for.

We're grasping at straws here but that's all we're left with. Thanks Venkys.

And to think some people want to forgive them/give them credit...

Your crescendo does not match the rest of your post. It's like you've laid out exactly why we need a new manager and then got cold feet.

Given how little we trust Venkys, I would have written your last line as "The club is at stake and thats why we need promotion". The trouble with that is that you and I dint think Bowyer can do so.

We do need a new manager to make it to the premier league in my opinion. The point I failed to get over is that due to fear (of Venky's making the appointment) and concern for the club I accept the alternative. Bowyer for the forseeable future and probably 10 years of selling, careful cash flow management and paying off our debt as a mid-table championship club.

Rolling the dice, risking the club, ignoring rational thought and hoping that Venky's get it right is just to big a risk. Thats why Bowyer has to stay despite his limitations.

Good post. I think similarly but come to the conclusion Bowyer needs to go.

It's a catch 22. Bowyer won't get us up and the chances of Venkys appointing an appropriate manager are very remote - heck they've a lot more chance of getting someone who will do more damage!

But a certainty not to get us up (Bowyer) IMO is worse than the slim chance that the new chap chosen will get us up (unlikely, but at least there's a chance.) It's a bit like a terminal patient - with one treatment (Bowyer) being a manged slow decline but eventual death, whereas another treatment may bring about death quicker, but there is a slim chance it'll lead to recovery (a new manager). It's not a great choice but you know what you'd go for.

We're grasping at straws here but that's all we're left with. Thanks Venkys.

And to think some people want to forgive them/give them credit...

I think thats why the debate is so finely balanced, a new man brings hope of a better day whereas Bowyer brings more of the same. The treatment is working, we are no longer dying but we will never recover to stable premier league club. Make no mistakes though when you tell Dr. Bowyer his services are no longer required its Mr, Mr and Mrs Venkys in charge of your treatment. I'm sure they will happily tell you that you will better than ever before and a broken clock is right 2x a day. Personally I'm sticking with Dr. Bowyer but fully respect your decision to gamble with your life.

I think thats why the debate is so finely balanced, a new man brings hope of a better day whereas Bowyer brings more of the same. The treatment is working, we are no longer dying but we will never recover to stable premier league club. Make no mistakes though when you tell Dr. Bowyer his services are no longer required its Mr, Mr and Mrs Venkys in charge of your treatment. I'm sure they will happily tell you that you will better than ever before and a broken clock is right 2x a day. Personally I'm sticking with Dr. Bowyer but fully respect your decision to gamble with your life.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply. I'd question that the treatment is working - honestly I can see Bowyer arresting the speed of the decline, but not the decline itself. As it is we're massively in debt - more than anything before, still hemorrhaging money and half the fans of 3 years ago are still gone. That to me speaks of a club dying.

And given we're mid-table with Bowyer when he has a talented squad, how would he fare when the best of these players are gone? We're underachieving now, so when our best players are sold, to stop us going under - well if we continue this season's trend we'll be fighting against relegation. Even if he can keep us healthy mid-table championship, eventually the debt and continued money loss will catch up with us.

Some say administration and (probable relegation) is good. I can see why - anything to get rid of Venkys. But would we genuinely find a buyer and not be wound up - that's my fear. Given the best we could sell to as a solid mid-table club was these charlatans, I'm not sure who'd pick up the pieces after administration.

So promotion is essential. And the fact it's Venkys choosing the man to do it is not a happy thought whatsoever. I am gutted that such incompetents hold the future of our club in their incapable hands. It still remains however, IMO, the right action needed to chose a new man, despite the fact we're massively handicapped by who is doing the choosing.

Archived