BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

I can certainly appreciate both sides of the argument. It's more than likely that Bowyer's replacement would be another Berg or Appleton than someone like Malky Mackay. If we decide to twist again, like we did last summer, then League One could beckon. However, when Venky's decide to cut their losses, then the club's fate will be sealed regardless. If it's last chance saloon then wouldn't it be worth taking one more punt, no matter what the odds, and hope Venky's luck out this time?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see in the press that Eddie Howe is saying that Bournemouth are nearly safe from relegation. We on the other hand are still gunning towards a play-off spot. The difference is 1 point.

I think people would be surprised by who may put their names forward if the job became available. This is still a very good job in football.

You cannot be crippled with the fear of who Venkys may appoint next, its a question of is Bowyer the right man or not.

On current form we'll finish with less points than we did last season.

We got sucked into the dogfight last season as the table was odd.

We are getting progressively worse at the moment and, taking the results out of the equation, two out of the last three performances have been dire.

Let's not overreact. We are having a dip in form due to injuries to key players. It's no coincidence that since Cairney has been injured and the Hanley/Kilgallon partnership has been broken up, we have lacked solidity and creativity. Before that, we were in excellent form. We are seeing a massive overreaction which is borne out of losing to Burnley for the first time in 37 years.

Look at Forest who have lost key players recently, they have suffered a dip in form. Ipswich recently had a dip in form. Reading have failed to win in their last 3 or 4 home games, including failing to beat 8 man Yeovil. QPR have had a major dip in form due to losing Charlie Austin to injury. Derby have faltered recently. Leeds have lost it completely. West Ham couldn't win a game when Carroll was injured. Even City struggled without Aguero.

Last three games have been disappointing but massive overreaction on here.

Let's not overreact. We are having a dip in form due to injuries to key players. It's no coincidence that since Cairney has been injured and the Hanley/Kilgallon partnership has been broken up, we have lacked solidity and creativity. Before that, we were in excellent form. We are seeing a massive overreaction which is borne out of losing to Burnley for the first time in 37 years.

Look at Forest who have lost key players recently, they have suffered a dip in form. Ipswich recently had a dip in form. Reading have failed to win in their last 3 or 4 home games, including failing to beat 8 man Yeovil. QPR have had a major dip in form due to losing Charlie Austin to injury. Derby have faltered recently. Leeds have lost it completely. West Ham couldn't win a game when Carroll was injured. Even City struggled without Aguero.

Complete and utter bullstein

Are you sure you're a Rovers fan? :wacko:

What's life like in Brunei?

• Backroom

There's no problem with people disagreeing with Rover11's post, but why all the snide remarks? It's absolutely pathetic. Why not engage him on his points as opposed to making nasty little comments?

There's no problem with people disagreeing with Rover11's post, but why all the snide remarks? It's absolutely pathetic. Why not engage him on his points as opposed to making nasty little comments?

what a snidey remark.

Let me address this question to the guys who go every week home and away. Hand on heart, how many games have we played well in ? Not for a half or 30 minutes but a full game.

For 90 minutes?

None for me since mid October home or away and I've seen most.

Arguably played well as an away side at Leeds and Reading but Lady Luck was our twelfth man on both occasions.

• Backroom

what a snidey remark.

It's not snide, it's exasperation. Rover11 has made a reasonable post which he's put some effort into. He hasn't insulted anybody or said anything that's clearly ridiculous - so why the need for one line insults in his direction? The whole point of a forum is to debate, surely? If you disagree that's fine, but I think it's only respectful to put a little thought into the response. Maybe I'm wrong to believe that.

For what it's worth I thought our performance against Bournemouth was quite atypical of a Bowyer performance. Admittedly I haven't been to a lot of games but it's the first time I've gotten the impression the players didn't really care. That is a huge worry and regardless of what Bowyer says to the media he needs to address that very quickly at an internal level. If he doesn't then we're in danger of sliding down to a very poor position and it's entirely possible he may lose his job as a result.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bowyer give the players a Sherwood style blast in the press

Completely the wrong thing to do. What good does it do? Fergie allegedly gave the hairdrier treatment often in private BUT he never did similar in public! If you want to 'lose' the players then that is the quickest way to do it.

• Backroom

Completely the wrong thing to do. What good does it do? Fergie allegedly gave the hairdrier treatment often in private BUT he never did similar in public! If you want to 'lose' the players then that is the quickest way to do it.

Agreed. Reeks of desperation when managers start doing that. Phil Brown comes to mind...

• Moderation Lead

Quite right, a sure way to damage morale. Which presumably won't be very high right now!!

Some good points well made. There is no doubt in my mind that injuries to form players at key times have been instrumental in our sporadic form. Notwithstanding that the manager's team selection and tactics mystefy me and do have me at odds with him.

We have a plethora of decent midfield players yet he only plays 4 there, his preferred middle two sit too deep and as a consequence allow the opposition to camp out in our area.

He persists with playing a clearly out of sorts Rhodes at CF whose ineffectiveness in holding the ball up again allows the opposition to put almost constant pressure on our defence.

Baffles me what is going on in his mind.

Archived