BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

One result doesn't change my opinion on anything but if Bowyer can't arrest this horrific slide in form I don't think he'll get next season to give it another go. Something has gone badly awry at Ewood and he needs to find a solution quickly before it costs him his job.

One result doesn't change my opinion on anything but if Bowyer can't arrest this horrific slide in form I don't think he'll get next season to give it another go. Something has gone badly awry at Ewood and he needs to find a solution quickly before it costs him his job.

the only thing that saves this club ..wherever we start again or from is them chicken turds go..until then we rot away.

can kamy explain his tweet? vultures? only vultures circling because there is a dead carcass rotting away (Blackburn rovers)

some of the owners advisors on football will be telling the owners to sack Bowyer. and replace him with this manager. only problem has Kamy has said that these people DO NOT have Rovers interest at their hearts but just their own interest

BOWYER BACKS ROVERS TO BOUNCE BACK

1 SOCCER Blackburn Quotes

By Liam Blackburn, Press Association Spor

Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer will not push the panic button despite seeing his men fail to inspire a deflated fanbase in their 1-0 loss to Bournemouth at Ewood Park.

Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Burnley, Rovers' first against their bitter rivals in 35 years, had left this part of East Lancashire in desperate need of a quick riposte against former Clarets boss Eddie Howe's Cherries.

However, Lewis Grabban's 15th goal of the season consigned Rovers to a third-straight loss and, with just 12 games remaining, their hopes of bridging a nine-point gap to the Sky Bet Championship play-offs appear to be diminishing by the game.

But Bowyer said: ``We've got 12 games left to play in now and until it's mathematically impossible, you keep striving to get as high as you can and hopefully into the play-offs.

`It's important now that we regroup, we stay calm and we stick together. We've worked hard to get stability into this club. These last three games - we've got to make sure we stop that, obviously - but there's no need to panic or anything daft like that.''

There was a sombre feel around Ewood Park throughout the game and boos greeted the half-time whistle, so those voices of discontent only grew louder when Grabban rifled home 23 minutes from time.

Asked about the anxiety, Bowyer said: ``That was always the concern, but we knew that and understood that and we now have to regroup and get over it quickly.''

In a tense game of few chances, the better opportunities feel to the visitors with former England goalkeeper Paul Robinson saving from Matt Ritchie in the first period while Simon Cook nodded against the post from close range.

``We haven't made their goalkeeper work enough,'' Bowyer admitted. ``That said, I think Paul Robinson's only made one save first half and the lad (Grabban) has had a great strike. Other than that I don't think either goalkeeper was worked.''

The victory was Bournemouth's third in a row and they have also recorded a hat-trick of clean sheets in March to move Howe's side one point off Rovers. They became just the fifth team to win a Championship game at Ewood Park this season and Howe vowed there is more still to come from his youthful side.

Asked if that was their best performance under him, he said: ``It's up there, I wouldn't say it's our best. I think we've played better than that - at times in the first half we gave the ball away under little pressure and I felt we were close to totally dominating the game first half without ever having the cutting edge that we needed and turning our dominance into goals.

``But we're still building, there's still more to come from this team and I think that's our next challenge.''

The next phase of that rebuilding process will surely occur in the second tier next season given the Cherries are in the top half and 16 points clear of the bottom three.

Yet Howe argued: ``We've got a lot of games to come, a lot of points to play for. If you look at our side tonight you wouldn't think we were going to get involved in a relegation fight but, football being football, you need to get the points, you need to get the wins so we'll continue to keep our feet on the floor but recognise that we're building nicely.''

Is there anyone that's going to come on here and still say that he needs time or should be given a chance next season?

Doesn't really make much sense to sack him now given that his contract is up in the summer. Give Bowyer the remainder of the season in charge and evaluate his performance in the summer and make a decision then whether or not he should be given a chance to continue. That was the plan at the beginning of the season I'm guessing and we haven't been doing so horrifically bad to suggest that should change.

Doesn't really make much sense to sack him now given that his contract is up in the summer. Give Bowyer the remainder of the season in charge and evaluate his performance in the summer and make a decision then whether or not he should be given a chance to continue. That was the plan at the beginning of the season I'm guessing and we haven't been doing so horrifically bad to suggest that should change.

Fact is if he aint good enough, do something now. Why not get someone in to assess the squad and have an idea of where we are heading next season?

If he's out of contract, then theres little pay-off needed, and to be honest stability wise its surely time to negotiate an extension, or move on, can hardly motivate the players that the manager may not be there in 2 months.

Bowyer: "But It was flat all around the ground and it was flat on the pitch."

So it's the fans fault that players who are making a half decent wage can't show up....and Gary, you are the primary reason why it was flat in the ground after Sunday's managerial performance...time to head back to coaching the reserves and time for a real manager

• Backroom

Robinson made one save bowyer?

Off the top of my head:

- 1 on 1 when Hanley decided to let their forward through

- low save from distance with a strong hand

- tipped a drive over the bar just before half time

Pretend things are better than they were and you look silly - get facts totally wrong and you look worse, worrying if he has no recollection of the performance he's just seen!

i'm fine thanks guys.

tonight game was truly awful.

i think we are in for long stay in championship whoever is manager.

if Bowyer was to go then I would want either Grayson or Mowbray or McLeish. I wouldnt mind Kenny Jackett from Wolves but there is no way he would leave them for us.

would any of those do a better job then Bowyer I dont think they would tbh.

tonight we missed Cairney's passing abality and King's pace plus Marshall aswell.

we arent the same team without them.

Must say I admire your optimism!

Bowyer: "But It was flat all around the ground and it was flat on the pitch."

So it's the fans fault that players who are making a half decent wage can't show up....and Gary, you are the primary reason why it was flat in the ground after Sunday's managerial performance...time to head back to coaching the reserves and time for a real manager

If he really has said the above, he's losing it.

To be fair to him, last night was always going to be difficult. It isn't the first time that we've struggled in a game soon after a bigger one.

For me, what Bowyer needed to do when he was appointed, was to prune the squad and build a much smaller squad, but with better quality. If he goes at the end of the season, then a new manager is going to be left with exactly the same problem that Bowyer inherited - a huge squad that needs pruning significantly, and still in need of players better equipped than this current lot. In other words all he's managing to do is replace one huge underperforming group of players, with another.

The bigger picture is far more worrying. What will Venky's response to all this be? Can't believe they'll just carry on pouring cash into a club going nowhere, except into more debt.

To be fair to him, last night was always going to be difficult. It isn't the first time that we've struggled in a game soon after a bigger one.

For me, what Bowyer needed to do when he was appointed, was to prune the squad and build a much smaller squad, but with better quality. If he goes at the end of the season, then a new manager is going to be left with exactly the same problem that Bowyer inherited - a huge squad that needs pruning significantly, and still in need of players better equipped than this current lot. In other words all he's managing to do is replace one huge underperforming group of players, with another.

The bigger picture is far more worrying. What will Venky's response to all this be? Can't believe they'll just carry on pouring cash into a club going nowhere, except into more debt.

Most teams struggle when they have WON a big game. When they have lost one it should make them come out fighting next match.

Smaller squad / better quality.... the Allardyce model.

Venkys will have to put up the shutters some day, nobody can haemmorage money like this in continually flogging a dead horse.... even if they are the ones who killed it! The Premier League opportunity has gone and the parachute payments almost done. The lifeline has been untied and they will now have to reasses the situation and make realistic decisions for their own self preservation, and in any business model in the world we are a lost cause.

The worry is that if they had any sense at all they'll be looking into folding the club. No-one will buy it from them now, there's no advantage to having a championship club that's pissing money like a racehorse.

The only other option for them is to keep on shoveling money in to try to get us promoted. But it must be apparent to them now that they don't know what they're doing.

Do the Ars O of Pune still have that PR contact or failing that the new DoC needs to have a word in Bowyer's ear. He's keaning boring to listen to.

His motivational skills appear to be close to zero - about the same as his ability to set up a team.

Bowyers weaknesses do not however excuse lack of effort by players - that is something I have never been able to get my head around. Even if you are sh!te you at least try.

I supported Bowyer yesterday and said now isn't the time to judge him. I still stand by that and he should be given more time. People seem to think this season is go up or bust...but nobody has actually said that so we don't know for sure. it might be part of the plan...stabilize and move on. Then again it might not and we might be on the verge of the abyss.

Whilst I'm happy with plenty of the things Bowyer has done he simply can't make the same mistakes over and over. I didn't see the game yesterday but one comment which really set alarm bells off for me was this...

"For long periods I thought it was going to be a 0-0 game"

If he thought that why didn't he do something to address the situation!? 0-0 at home to Bournemouth simply isn't an acceptable result. This is football and at 0-0 there is always gonna be a big chance of conceding.

That worried me. As did the played well for five minutes remark (which was mind boggling)

Archived