BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Let me address this question to the guys who go every week home and away. Hand on heart, how many games have we played well in ? Not for a half or 30 minutes but a full game.

Having seen every game I am struggling to answer. I thought we played really well at Bournemouth but at half time we were three up and took our foot off in the second half. At Leeds we had a real good go and won. Them aside overall we have been average to poor.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One win doesn't change anything though.

Why are you so eager to let Venkys make another complete balls-up of an appointment Abbey?

I can understand why you're frustrated with Bowyer because everyone on this messageboard knows he isn't the best manager we've ever had. But given their track record, why is everyone clamoring to get him sacked and start another sordid appointment process which would undoubtedly end in disappointment, unrest and yet more money washed away.

He isn't the messiah but even if we had lost on Saturday...there are no guarantees someone else would do a better job. He has given us stability and built a decent squad. I still think he deserves another season.

The keyboard warriors are always going to be here and whilst many on here (for or against bowyer) offer reasonable opinion...there are a few who are clueless and simply not with reality. It's the same with every club. It's the same here with Sparta....so much crap spouted around the message boards but when you get to the match everyone is behind the team and manager. It looked the same to me at the stadium on Saturday (from what I heard and saw)...there doesn't seem to be too much anger towards Bowyer from fans following the team away. Of course...there are plenty of moaners at Ewood...the place is notorious for it....but the clear picture comes from away games IMO.

• Backroom

Why are you so eager to let Venkys make another complete balls-up of an appointment Abbey?

I can understand why you're frustrated with Bowyer because everyone on this messageboard knows he isn't the best manager we've ever had. But given their track record, why is everyone clamoring to get him sacked and start another sordid appointment process which would undoubtedly end in disappointment, unrest and yet more money washed away.

I don't think anybody has given a proper answer to this question, which is strange as it's easily the most important.

One win doesn't change anything though.

Read my earlier post people .. Instead straight for my throat , alls in saying is one result doesn't change things one or another.

:blink:

Yet one result appears to change things regarding Jordan Rhodes. How does that work Abbey?

He isn't the messiah but even if we had lost on Saturday...there are no guarantees someone else would do a better job. He has given us stability and built a decent squad. I still think he deserves another season.

The keyboard warriors are always going to be here and whilst many on here (for or against bowyer) offer reasonable opinion...there are a few who are clueless and simply not with reality. It's the same with every club. It's the same here with Sparta....so much crap spouted around the message boards but when you get to the match everyone is behind the team and manager. It looked the same to me at the stadium on Saturday (from what I heard and saw)...there doesn't seem to be too much anger towards Bowyer from fans following the team away. Of course...there are plenty of moaners at Ewood...the place is notorious for it....but the clear picture comes from away games IMO.

I think there was a very clear picture at the Bolton away game from the fans around me.

Venky's have yet to make a mangerial appointment following the fall of the Shebby / Agnew regime so a lot will depend on who they listen to. The people who advised we take on Coco, Berg and Appleton are gone (I hope!)

I really don't think Bowyer has shown anything to suggest he is going to be tactically astute enough to get us out of this division. We haven't been in the top six all season and still have a negative goal difference in mid-March, when most teams above us are over +10 difference.

The "it could be worse" argument will be there constantly unless Bowyer takes us down, in which case it will be too late.

The 'moaners' are paying customers who are being subjected to boring dross match after match, (you have to be there to fully appreciate that).

As for our away followings, they're simply not big enough to make a representational supporters' opinion about Bowyer.

Of course the owners are the real problem but at this rate we'll soon be getting less than 10,000 on at home, (see my opening sentence).

Would be delighted if Bowyer proves me wrong.

I don't think anybody has given a proper answer to this question, which is strange as it's easily the most important.

Not true. Some people just choose to ignore the contradiction when it suits.

You havent read the posts then, as plenty of people have.

• Backroom

You havent read the posts then, as plenty of people have.

Fair enough, I've not seen any that state why they believe Venky's would pick a decent successor to Bowyer when all past evidence points to the exact opposite... but then the thread is 154 pages long...

Fair enough, I've not seen any that state why they believe Venky's would pick a decent successor to Bowyer when all past evidence points to the exact opposite... but then the thread is 154 pages long...

So there hasn't been a change in the way the club is being run then? Which means it's still the same old basket case that it has been for the two seasons prior to this, and the idea of 'stability' is simply an illusion?

But that would make Bowyer a puppet, no?

And round and round we go...

• Backroom

Not much has changed at the club in terms of how it's run, no. Venky's have stumbled onto Bowyer as a steady hand and a good bloke. Far from a great manager, but better than anyone they're likely to appoint if Bowyer is sacked. I still don't understand why there seems to be a prevalent belief amongst some that we would appoint somebody better. Venky's lucked into Bowyer, and when you consider that is them getting lucky ... well, it could end a lot worse next time.

Archived