BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An evening with Gary Bowyer, David Dunn, Craig Short & Derek Shaw

arbitro

But you know who it is den because I'm pretty sure I do!!

Well if it wasn't me, there are two others who shall remain nameless. No scrub that. There is one who is usually right and one who is nearly always wrong.😀

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the reality is promotion or bust all positivity surely goes out of the window as this squad is not up to snuff.

Or am I wrong? It frequently happens

If the reality is promotion or bust then why not be positive for 7 months to help. Then if its bust go ape @#/? and kick off then?

Or am I wrong? It more than frequently happens

I guess we have to let it play out a bit further. Makes me wonder the cost of the Hanley red card and wether a few more would be positive if we'd beaten wigan

The more you argue a case one way or another the more you become an extremist on that view. I was convinced we'd beat Charlton sat, but after posting about positivity all week in here I now somehow think we are going to win 8-0 Im that positive :blink:

Guest Norbert

I think we may have a chance of promotion, along with 12 other teams. That all depends on whether Bowyer is allowed to just get on with it, and our finances hold up this season.

Just rise above it all and ignore it. You ignore something it goes away

Tho I must admit I've tried ignoring the wife for years and she's still here, so my theory could be flawed

Ok I'll go down this route. I ignore it so won't post or view the MB and others as they have been will do the same. Surely then the one thing I wish to avoid will occur, the MB will become lesser??? Lifting the rug up and brushing the problem under doesn't make it go away, it just lets them build up over time before they explode out of the sides as a rug can only hide so many problems. Surely it's better to discuss them, rectify them through agreement and compromise so they really do go away and are not just hidden?

Ok I'll go down this route. I ignore it so won't post or view the MB and others as they have been will do the same. Surely then the one thing I wish to avoid will occur, the MB will become lesser??? Lifting the rug up and brushing the problem under doesn't make it go away, it just lets them build up over time before they explode out of the sides as a rug can only hide so many problems. Surely it's better to discuss them, rectify them through agreement and compromise so they really do go away and are not just hidden?

Surely its not all posters that frustrate you? just ignore the ones that make it personal or you have a hard time with. One person posts a personal attack, the retaliation follows and keyboard wars follow.

Just dont retaliate or rise to it. I know not always easy, but its pointless imo getting mad on an internet forum with folk you dont know. Chat with folk you like, ignore the folk you dont...same as real life really

• Moderation Lead

The Rhodes thing- if he did all the things he doesn't do- he wouldn't be here, he'd be in the Prem.

People criticising our best player is just obtuse for the sake of it. Without his goals we'd be up sh1t creek.

Why is it disgraceful meadows?

For me there is a collection of people on here these days who just say you're wrong, because. Chaddy is far from alone. Look at the Rhodes debate, you have those who have actually watched the whole 90 min being batted down when they say he needs to do more, by people who have seen nothing more than 30seconds of highlights. These people then stop posting, they've like a mob screaming two legs bad, four legs good, think like them or get hounded of the board. Because they see it differently.

Look at yesterday I post a comment on David Dunn to get Chaddy responding rudely and basically demanding I don't talk about Kean. No 1 I'm discussing Dunn not kean No 2 he completely ignores the point of the post No 3 demands that I change what I post to suit his feelings and completely ignore my own. Why should I do that for you when you can't even be civil or respectful towards me? Do as I say not do as I do?

Careful Maj. You'll be accused of being a drama queen.

Not surprise that I completely agree with you.

Surely its not all posters that frustrate you? just ignore the ones that make it personal or you have a hard time with. One person posts a personal attack, the retaliation follows and keyboard wars follow.

Just dont retaliate or rise to it. I know not always easy, but its pointless imo getting mad on an internet forum with folk you dont know. Chat with folk you like, ignore the folk you dont...same as real life really

Are you a returning poster under a new name?

Must say I would much rather have Chaddy's over positive approach than the crap from Sparky Marky and Blue and White Rover.

Scared of the truth. Is that what it is Al?

I prefer being in touch with reality as opposed to glitter coated BS spouted by some board members, including yourself.

What Maj has said is bang on the money. Shame people will now class him in the 'negative' section. A great poster with a great insight of the game. Long may it continue Maj!

I'm sure most people are positive about the way things are going on the pitch with Bowyer and his young team.

But i'd question anyone who finds the positives in not having a proper exec structure at the club, no finance director, no chairman at Ewood and Shaw running things. That is nowhere near good enough to become a premier league standard club again. If we do get promoted, would you trust the current set-up not to blow all the cash again and make more stupid decsions? I wouldnt.

Scared of the truth. Is that what it is Al?

I prefer being in touch with reality as opposed to glitter coated BS spouted by some board members, including yourself.

What Maj has said is bang on the money. Shame people will now class him in the 'negative' section. A great poster with a great insight of the game. Long may it continue Maj!

I thought Al was confusing you with Blue & White Army, tbh.

But that doesn't get the decent posters back it just allows them to carry on.

But that doesn't get the decent posters back it just allows them to carry on.

If people dont rise to it and there isnt any bickering in general, then maybe some will return. I dunno, Im new so I guess its easier for me to let it wash

The discussion about Bowyer just entirely misses the point really. He's doing OK, not great, not bad. He's certainly improved the side, but let's be honest, from where we were, with being allowed to swell the squad by adding 13 players of his own - and in such a poor league, it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect any manager to make us into a mid table team. If as a fan you're just happy to go through the ritual of pre game drinks on a match day with a bit of optimism for a change, see a rovers team go out and enjoy their football, score a few goals and win a few games for the first time in many a year, then that's fine. Let's be honest, there are a lot of fans with that outlook.

If on the other hand you worry about next season and for the clubs future, you might think the decision of appointing a rookie manager, allowing him free range in the transfer market, accepting that even the play offs might not save the club from the impending - then you probably see things differently.

All about people's perceptions of the situation facing the club.

Excellent top post. Encouraging to see someone sum up the situation so well. Perhaps we're a mid-table club with promise of doing better imo, but overall an excellent summary of where we are and why people see things differently.

Why can you not appreciate others won't see it in the manner you do? You offer nothing to the debate other than I'm right you're wrong, because.

Your whole response is based on nothing other than hope.

Why can't you understand we're all different and will see the same thing differently, you want to be treated a certain way IE with respect and yet you show others none of this. People like you are the reason I don't post on here as much anymore, it's like talking to a 4 year old (hence my 4 year old response last night).

Marshall WILL be a very good signing, Taylor and Judge will be good signings??? You do understand that by saying will you're actually agreeing with him as you infer that at present they aren't good or very good signings. Stop being so bloody negative Chaddy, everything great at rovers!!!!!

I suggest you do listen to Colin, you might learn something.

Good post. Am happy to be corrected and hear others views even when I disagree, but I'd much rather have facts and analysis and reasons rather than being told it's all good or all bad and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Why can you not appreciate others won't see it in the manner you do? You offer nothing to the debate other than I'm right you're wrong, because.

Your whole response is based on nothing other than hope.

Why can't you understand we're all different and will see the same thing differently, you want to be treated a certain way IE with respect and yet you show others none of this. People like you are the reason I don't post on here as much anymore, it's like talking to a 4 year old (hence my 4 year old response last night).

Marshall WILL be a very good signing, Taylor and Judge will be good signings??? You do understand that by saying will you're actually agreeing with him as you infer that at present they aren't good or very good signings. Stop being so bloody negative Chaddy, everything great at rovers!!!!!

I suggest you do listen to Colin, you might learn something.

I do appreciate others members of this messageboard. I treat all members with respect. so defo don't have a clue what you are on about at all.

I have see Marshall play a fair bit in last 2 season so I have fully confidence that he will be very good signing for us in my opinion of course

also if Taylor can play like he did in the last 3 games against us from last season then he will be good signing in my opinion of course.

Also I am willing to give the new signings time to gel as a team/squad and settle in the club and area. some players will settle faster than others.

People go and watch the games and then get hounded by mongs who didn't even listen to it on the radio, it's a joke.

on this point Majiball, I am season ticket holder and have been for many years and haven't miss a home game in ages whether its a league or cup game. also do some away games but not has many as I would like to do due to work commitments. Going Blackpool away game and will be enjoying the nightlife aswell there.

Must say I would much rather have Chaddy's over positive approach than the crap from Sparky Marky and Blue and White Rover.

thanks Al. I am very positive person by nature and always have been. I'm not going to change.

Look at the Rhodes debate, you have those who have actually watched the whole 90 min being batted down when they say he needs to do more, by people who have seen nothing more than 30seconds of highlights. These people then stop posting, they've like a mob screaming two legs bad, four legs good, think like them or get hounded of the board. Because they see it differently.

Look at yesterday I post a comment on David Dunn to get Chaddy responding rudely and basically demanding I don't talk about Kean. No 1 I'm discussing Dunn not kean No 2 he completely ignores the point of the post No 3 demands that I change what I post to suit his feelings and completely ignore my own. Why should I do that for you when you can't even be civil or respectful towards me? Do as I say not do as I do?

my point Maj in my opinion/view is that I just want to totally and utter forget that Kean has been the manager of BRFC. if you don't than that's your choice

I never demanded anything of you btw. think you have completely gone OTT massively. also on your point about respectful towards to you and other members aswell Maj, I totally respect all posters and members. always have btw.

The Rhodes thing- if he did all the things he doesn't do- he wouldn't be here, he'd be in the Prem.

People criticising our best player is just obtuse for the sake of it. Without his goals we'd be up sh1t creek.

we all know Rhodes strengths and weaknesses. But I want my strikers to score goals and Rhodes does that for certain. he of course need to improve his game and work on his weaknesses

I'm sure most people are positive about the way things are going on the pitch with Bowyer and his young team.

But i'd question anyone who finds the positives in not having a proper exec structure at the club, no finance director, no chairman at Ewood and Shaw running things. That is nowhere near good enough to become a premier league standard club again. If we do get promoted, would you trust the current set-up not to blow all the cash again and make more stupid decsions? I wouldnt.

I am very happy with Bowyer and the players squad we have got at the club.

But you are right about the Executive structure. The executive structure isn't what I would like to see or want it to be. I don't have a problem with Shaw being here or running things. But under the current owners they seem to want a streamline executive structure, with Shaw reporting directly to them. the only positive is that Agnew or Shebby aren't at the club anymore

I'm sure we will be bring in a Finance Director in the next few weeks.

Also can I say a thankyou to the people who have told the Messageboard about what went on and said at the Forum. very much appreciated to you all

That's a point, maybe the FA would not allow us in the PL if promoted in our current state

I realise that I'm being hypocritical as I've spent the last couple days trying to generate more debate on here and calm. But peolpe like Chaddy who pick out one isolated comment and focus on that in the manner they IE you wrong, me right, because, really kean me off and I know I'm not alone. Look at the Rhodes debate recently, yes he scores goals but he also can be a hindrance, why is that so hard to accept, it's true. People go and watch the games and then get hounded by mongs who didn't even listen to it on the radio, it's a joke. It's little wonder we see so little debate on here and the posts are disappearing, if you want to change my mind and others, do so with reason, facts, figures substance not because. Look at FGS's responses, he tries to reason to persuade, he gets a civil response, Chaddy (remember our agreement chaddy?) doesn't to anyone so he won't get a civil response he'll get Kean plastered all over the message board. Yes it's an overreaction, but it's a reaction to years of his I'm right, you're wrong because and breaking his word like a Roa. I know people won't see things in the same manner I do, but that's how I see it and I'm fed up with it. I come here to keep in touch with fellow rovers, have a bit of banter and discussion about something important in my life. I do not come here to have people disrespectfully demand I change my view based on nothing but hope and conjecture.

Get off the fence Maj....Tell us what you really think! ;)

I have see Marshall play a fair bit in last 2 season so I have fully confidence that he will be very good signing for us in my opinion of course

also if Taylor can play like he did in the last 3 games against us from last season then he will be good signing in my opinion of course.

Also I am willing to give the new signings time to gel as a team/squad and settle in the club and area. some players will settle faster than others.

Chaddy, much better post as you give reasons other than let's just hope/we'll see. However am not sure I totally agree. Marshall has by all accounts been one of our weaker players when he's played - and seemed to have lost his way at Leicester too. Granted it's early days, however I'd say there's just as much, if not more, evidence that he'll be mediocre than come good. Same could be said for Marrow.

Taylor is an interesting one - think he's a square peg round hole player myself. He has pedigree at this level (including shown against us). But given we want to play with quick wingers I'm not too sure Taylor fits the mold and his performances have been very erratic - some very good, some poor. Again I think circumstances and performance give as much evidence that he'll be mediocre as best. Probably as I'm not too sure he's a fit at Rovers.

I'd also add Judge to this list of mediocre - busy but he doesn't really add much of value. Can't think of too many passes/crosses that have led to chances, nor shots/good positions that he has got himself into. Added to which when he plays wide he drifts in a lot making us horribly narrow and overcrowded in the middle. Bit surprised - thought he'd do better myself.

So off the top of my head that's at least 4 average players we've brought - or at least 4 you can make a good case for being average. I'd also add Eastwood to this list, and potentially Songoo (sp) but have not seen enough of the latter, and the former doesn't matter as 3rd choice keeper. I think there's a fair point to be made we've brought in a few players who won't contribute masses. Personally I'd have rather seen 1 or 2 quality players rather than 4 average.

Also regarding time to settle I think that is a consideration. However given it's promotion or bust (according to sources within the club and backed up by our finances) we can't afford a settling in period. We needed players who could make an immediate impact, and if we haven't got those sort of players, in this situation, that's a mistake.

However, the big but is Bowyer has also made some excellent signings. Evans is exactly what we needed, a top quality (for us) player and exactly what we need. Added to which Cairney and Spurr look inspired signings as well - and all three have made a massive impact on the team. Credit must go to Bowyer for all three of these excellent signings. Killgallon could also turn out to be a very astute signing but again, I'd like to see more of him, but past history suggests he'll be very good for us.

So by my calculation of the 13 we've brought - 4 average (Judge, Marshall, Taylor and Marrow) 4 excellent (Evans, Cairney, Killgallon, Spurr) 3 irrelevant (DJ - had to buy him, hands tied - Eastwood, Songoo). Am sure I'm missing a couple but not sure who they are. But imo that shows Bowyer has shown some good promise and made some good moves in the market - but it's far from excellent. Given a bit more financial backing, it might have been a more encouraging story.

But you are right about the Executive structure. The executive structure isn't what I would like to see or want it to be. I don't have a problem with Shaw being here or running things. But under the current owners they seem to want a streamline executive structure, with Shaw reporting directly to them. the only positive is that Agnew or Shebby aren't at the club anymore

I'm sure we will be bring in a Finance Director in the next few weeks.

What makes you so sure we'll bring in someone? We've been a mess from day 1 administratively, what prior evidence do you have that Venkeys will get the right people in to the right positions speedily? It's been a car crash from day 1 with our executive structure. What makes you so sure they'll get it right with a finance director this time?

And happy with Shaw. Again, why? He's meant to have been a rogue out of control agent, he's presided over one of our most disastrous seasons ever and was not that good with PNE. Not sure how anyone can be happy with him. Granted better than Singh and Agnew but that's not saying much - like 2 broken legs are better than a terminal disease.

Archived