BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An evening with Gary Bowyer, David Dunn, Craig Short & Derek Shaw

arbitro

:lol: first we had 'what a KEAN performance' and now we have 'I don't want to be bent over and VENKYED'

every cloud eh! :D

No, all the questions were submitted prior and considering the event ran from 7.00pm to 9.30pm I'm not sure Radio Lancashire will broadcast it all - unedited, as was their initial intention...

:lol: You wouldn't want to claim to have been Venkyed...

Sorry by 'on the spot' I meant were any questions asked that put the respondent on the spot IE the berg case and DS. Or were all the Q's nice and no-one was really placed out of their comfort zone??

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: first we had 'what a KEAN performance' and now we have 'I don't want to be bent over and VENKYED'

every cloud eh! :D

No, all the questions were submitted prior and considering the event ran from 7.00pm to 9.30pm I'm not sure Radio Lancashire will broadcast it all - unedited, as was their initial intention..

A bit late for that...I think you missed out the word "again"!

Andy Bayes did say he was going to try and make it a 2 hour program which would mean most of it will be on the radio but there are 3 main points that I thought came across from the fans last night (in no particular order).

1. We are worried about finances.

2. We don't want Shebby back.

3. We are completely behind Gary Bowyer and the team.

I'm not saying that EVERYONE agrees with the 3 points above and even GB had to field a few questions about team selection but in general that is what came across last night.

People will probably listen and say the questions were to soft but for Derek Shaw to come out and say what he did shows that no one was trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

:lol: You wouldn't want to claim to have been Venkyed...

Sorry by 'on the spot' I meant were any questions asked that put the respondent on the spot IE the berg case and DS. Or were all the Q's nice and no-one was really placed out of their comfort zone??

I'm not into all this 'I was told by a source' lark, however somebody told me today (who should know) that NO questions were submitted by the fans about the Henning Berg case...

Here's an idea ... instead of getting all hot under the collar based on a few tweets, why not listen to Radio Lancs when they play the entire evening on air tonight from 6pm until 8pm? Then we might get some informed contributions instead of the usual stampede of doom and gloom.

As a starter for 10, no there was no palpable anger in the room, and with 300+ people in there who care about their football club enough to buy tickets and show up, it wasn't a bad cross section of the support.

Go on then Mr Shaw please explain why fans there were happy ? We have been turned into a joke club . Probable embargoes and admin lurking.

Please explain to me your remark about if you didn't go and buy a ticket then you don't care enough.., you big headed arrogant brain washed happy clapping so and so . I for one was on a 13 hour night shift . So I would only be a caring fan if I gave up a shift and be brainwashed ?

Are you actually Shelfie ?

I don't think people should discount the social media factor, either.

That's a big factor as well Amo. Things being said on a website that wouldn't be said face to face. I reckon hundreds, if not thousands of posters have disappeared simply because they see better things to do in life, other than fall out, day in, day out with fellow fans. Some posters see it early, others take years.

I find that rather surprising to be honest. Where the invites sent out or on open sale??? ;)

I found it surprising as well - but trust the person who told me. Lol, is that a serious question? The tickets were on sale for ages and only sold out on the day of the event...

How can we believe anything that moron Shaw says anyway? It's clear that there was a massive conflict between him and Shabby and now he's trying to pass the blame over as he's the only 1 who has by some miracle clung onto his job. This is the man who's employer accused him of being out of control just half a year ago and now he is in sole control of the day to day operations of this joke of a club.

How can people accept what he is saying? How can people applaud him when he has presided over the worst era in our club's history and taken no responsibility for any of his actions. IMO our downward spiral continues while people like this are associated with the club.

How can we believe anything that moron Shaw says anyway? It's clear that there was a massive conflict between him and Shabby and now he's trying to pass the blame over as he's the only 1 who has by some miracle clung onto his job. This is the man who's employer accused him of being out of control just half a year ago and now he is in sole control of the day to day operations of this joke of a club.

How can people accept what he is saying? How can people applaud him when he has presided over the worst era in our club's history and taken no responsibility for any of his actions. IMO our downward spiral continues while people like this are associated with the club.

The ostriches heads will remain under the sand and the Rovers Fans will clap completely oblivious to what has happened , what is happening or what will happen . A bit like Turkey's gobbling in the Christmas dinner queue.

The ostriches heads will remain under the sand and the Rovers Fans will clap completely oblivious to what has happened , what is happening or what will happen . A bit like Turkey's gobbling in the Christmas dinner queue.

I was there but I am far from a 'Rovers Fan'. I wanted to hear what was said and I went away quite happy about what was said from the football side of things. The positivity of Messrs Bowyer, Short and Dunn was enlightening. A couple of games aside I have enjoyed this season far more than any of the last few seasons. And that is one of the main reasons I follow Rovers, to see them win and enjoy it. A few months ago I would have been concerned about what Venky's, Shaw, Singh and Agnew had to say but now I can't really be bothered with the off the field nonsense.

I was there but I am far from a 'Rovers Fan'. I wanted to hear what was said and I went away quite happy about what was said from the football side of things. The positivity of Messrs Bowyer, Short and Dunn was enlightening. A couple of games aside I have enjoyed this season far more than any of the last few seasons. And that is one of the main reasons I follow Rovers, to see them win and enjoy it. A few months ago I would have been concerned about what Venky's, Shaw, Singh and Agnew had to say but now I can't really be bothered with the off the field nonsense.

Best way.

Are you suggesting that there has no been a history of extreme interview " management" and questions being screened out?

Like I said, I will reserve judgement on last night until after I have heard the recording BUT IMO the absence of critical questioning of this regime has been a very serious problem...I have heard and read Singh, Agnew, Shaw and Kean being allowed to spout so much...er...nonsense without challenge.

I think a little suspicion about last night's questions is an understandable human response to a pattern of behaviour, not an excuse to pathologise supporters who have been through so much

I didn't say questions had not been screened out. What I said was the format of the programme and questions appears to have been exactly the same as some much higher profile BBC broadcasts.

I do also think people will moan for the sake of moaning

so your happy at losing 2m a month ? your happy at embargos/admim or whatevers next? So because the management and senior players have been told to go and spread positivity at the forum your happy?

Does your being there make you a better fan though? Roverzzee said it does :)

So if it's promotion or bust and we will fall fowl of FFP regardless, why didn't they stump up and sign some quality to enhance our chances of getting back on the gravey train and salvation????

I do wonder this too. If this is our all in an all or nothing scenario it's frightening. Shame, as while Bowyer wouldn't have been my first choice, he's doing pretty well, and it'd be interesting to see if he could have done better with a bit of money behind him - I'm pretty convinced he would.

In fact the whole, buy young and hungry, appointment of Bowyer - promising but ultimately untested - trim the wages, all suggests a long term regrouping strategy. Whilst that seems a decent idea in theory if it really is promotion or bust it's a foolish strategy to take!

My concern is in the main for the MB as a number of people would appear to be no longer posting and I've never known the board so quiet as now.

If there was one question running through my mind after meeting DS it was this:

How the hell are you running a football club?

Agreed

After the last 3 years of PR spin, I just don't know how anyone can trust the club/radio lancs not to vet questions.

Lest us not forget the sham of a 'fans' question time with Steve Kean and Agnew.

Great to hear the positive vibes coming from GB,Dunny and Short though, i'm completely behind Bowyer being the right man.

Agree with all of this both positive and negative. Can't believe anyone didn't have a concern that Shaw was labelled out of control and incompetent.

For what it's worth, I think the whole thing was a made up defense by Venkys to try getting out of paying Berg the money due. No one, not even Venkys would keep Shaw on if he'd allegedly acted as he did.

Agree with this too.

I didn't say questions had not been screened out. What I said was the format of the programme and questions appears to have been exactly the same as some much higher profile BBC broadcasts.

I do also think people will moan for the sake of moaning

Is there not a lot still to moan about or have the venkys done a good job thus far?

If you think they have then its ok dont moan ...but if you think they have not then surely we are entitled to moan.

so your happy at losing 2m a month ? your happy at embargos/admim or whatevers next? So because the management and senior players have been told to go and spread positivity at the forum your happy?

Does your being there make you a better fan though? Roverzzee said it does :)

Not being bothered doesn't mean I'm not happy. I don't worry anymore becuase I can't affect any of it. As I said the on field stuff has been a breath of fresh air this season compared to the previous few seasons. As for the better fan debate zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Is there not a lot still to moan about or have the venkys done a good job thus far?

If you think they have then its ok dont moan ...but if you think they have not then surely we are entitled to moan.

Anger is an energy! I just have to channel it...

I am trying to hold onto both things at once. Lets make no mistake. Bowyer, his management team and players thoroughly deserve my support. More passion and honest effort etc than I have seen for some time.

But I must never, ever forget that the club I have supported for many years, (as it gloriously punched above its weight) seemed to be deliberately robbed of its premiership status not by cheats in other clubs but by its own owners and their cohorts. Now they appear to have put the whole future of the club at risk.Angry? Too bloody right I am!

I seem to recall that "moaning minnies" was the term used by Thatcher to describe people , whose communities had been destroyed. Those-and I count myself among them-who are rightly aggrieved and who refuse to forget are all too easily written off as moaners.

From the FF tweets, it seems like the charm offensive has worked on those who attended. Derek's past mishaps seem forgiven and forgotten (did anyone ask about the Berg contract?).

Maybe a sneaky cheque disguised as an autograph book might have been in order. :rolleyes:

The Singh is dead, long live the shelving king.

_67863804_pa-15868589.jpg

Now there's a man who looks like you can depend on him in a crisis, full of capability, imaginative solutions, verve and vigour.

"Right lads, let's get this chair budget sorted before we suffer an embargo."

Andy Bayes did say he was going to try and make it a 2 hour program which would mean most of it will be on the radio but there are 3 main points that I thought came across from the fans last night (in no particular order).

1. We are worried about finances.

2. We don't want Shebby back.

3. We are completely behind Gary Bowyer and the team.

So it sounds like they successfully played down and deflected attention from the critical element in getting the club back to being well-run:

4. We want a proper Board of Directors running the club not the same jokers that got us into this mess.

I do wonder this too. If this is our all in an all or nothing scenario it's frightening. Shame, as while Bowyer wouldn't have been my first choice, he's doing pretty well, and it'd be interesting to see if he could have done better with a bit of money behind him - I'm pretty convinced he would.

In fact the whole, buy young and hungry, appointment of Bowyer - promising but ultimately untested - trim the wages, all suggests a long term regrouping strategy. Whilst that seems a decent idea in theory if it really is promotion or bust it's a foolish strategy to take!

He needed help in the market but that could easily have been sorted if so desired. I can't help but think the owners expect promotion this season and believe it can be done as you have stated IE cut-backs. As always in all of this it would appear our owners complete and utter incompetence will be our downfall. oh how i wish I'd thrown the snowball.

Archived