BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Colin Hendry left?

neophox

Looks like another piece of nepotism that is starting to run through football like a dose of salts. I just wonder how many of these "sons of ex-pros" would be given the time to establish themselves as academy players if they didn't have a ex-player for a dad with a couple of mates in the game here and there.

Dat tackle tho.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like another piece of nepotism that is starting to run through football like a dose of salts. I just wonder how many of these "sons of ex-pros" would be given the time to establish themselves as academy players if they didn't have a ex-player for a dad with a couple of mates in the game here and there.

Given our manager is the son of an ex-pro, I rather doubt any fightback against such nepotism will originate at Ewood.

Lots of Sons follow in their Father footsteps. Lots of them don't. I can't see anything wrong in most footballing cases....to use a Chaddyism........imo ;)

If they are good enough they will make it.

Colin Hendry is appearing in court soon on assault charges and harassment of his ex girlfriend.

Apologies, its been on a previous post.

There is something on the Hendry lies page about him paying his rent arrears with jewellery that wasn't declared when he went bankrupt.

quite a narrow minded and cynical view that...................might be as simple as that if you happen to have a Dad who's a pro footballer, they have the time off, the skills and the access to good coaching techniques to give a huge advantage to their own kids, the rest of the kids (like most of us I guess) who have to rely on schoolteachers, wannabe coaches or well-meaning but generally inept 'qualified' FA coaches that impart their wisdom in grass roots football - dont get the same level of help.

What an insulting and patronising post.

Have you any trucking clue how difficult grassroots football is, without funding, decent facilities/pitches and time?

Volunteers are now more and more being relied on by professional clubs to be the first line of scouting, with zero investment. Trying it sometime before you make your condescending judgements about the aptitude of 'well meaning' folk who give up their valuable personal time. For free.

What an insulting and patronising post.

Have you any trucking clue how difficult grassroots football is, without funding, decent facilities/pitches and time?

Volunteers are now more and more being relied on by professional clubs to be the first line of scouting, with zero investment. Trying it sometime before you make your condescending judgements about the aptitude of 'well meaning' folk who give up their valuable personal time. For free.

Well said Stuart, I've been there and agree 100%.

poor sod really is heading for a very dark future if he doesn't get help from somewhere, I met him in his home back when his wife was around and his kids where all littleNs, he was very down to earth. friendly and hospitable, he made time to speak to me and everybody else that where doing jobs around his house, I think people really underestimate the devastation caused by the loss of his wife, I also met her very briefly whilst there and she seemed like a very strong women and was probably a real anchor for big Col.

Victims, aren't we all?

People lose loved ones to cancer every day. They don't all go out ripping off pensioners.

err not really abby

I've just read in the let that Simon Graysons son has also joined the accedmy with Hendry's boy

How many on here have lost (Loose ? ) loved ones ?

Ok how many have gone on to rip folk off and beat (allegedly) up a new girlfriend?

I have not and I have lost plenty of loved one. Pathetic excuse by a pathetic human being.

NO DECENT PERSON DOES ANY OF THIS EVEN IF THEY LOSE LOVED ONES.

err not really abby

I've just read in the let that Simon Graysons son has also joined the accedmy with Hendry's boy

Yes and take it from someone who knows, he's been promoted above his ability and it's because daddy can afford to send him to that school in clitheroe what is funded by Manchester City...in fact my son has played against Joe Grayson on many occasions at school and district level and he's nothing special. However, if you want a tip, there's a lad that went to the same school and he's a good un, Stefan mols...always been a good strong midfielder. Shame he's not got the PR that a pro's son gets.

I didn't quite mean it that way, so I apologise if that's the way it reads, but you're just looking for an argument for arguments sake, so as usual there's no reasoning with you.

Surely not?

• 3 weeks later...

Brave?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-32889310

Must say it sounds like a storm in a tea cup but on top of everything else he does appear to be a whiptop.

Heard this on the radio last night. Accused of approaching his ex-girlfriend and "grabbing her by the arm several times" apparently.

Have the CPS and Courts nothing better to do than that? Good grief.

ok, good for you and im sorry for your losses, but sadly not everybody has the excellent coping mechanisms that you posses

Your defending the indefensible. Personal tragedy does not give anyone the right to abuse old people, rip them off and then harrass them constantly. He is clearly a total to**er, irrespetive of however many times he showed me his ass.

• Backroom

Heard this on the radio last night. Accused of approaching his ex-girlfriend and "grabbing her by the arm several times" apparently.

Have the CPS and Courts nothing better to do than that? Good grief.

It's potentially illegal... they're quite right to do their job.

I'd imagine if I wandered in my ex's place of work and tried to talk about the relationship and 'grabbed her arm several times', I'd be in the back of a police car if I didn't back away. More to the point, it's a f***ing stupid thing to do anyway.

I'd imagine if I wandered in my ex's place of work and tried to talk about the relationship and 'grabbed her arm several times', I'd be in the back of a police car if I didn't back away. More to the point, it's a f***ing stupid thing to do anyway.

Correct. We don't know how many times this sort of behaviour has happened and if there's been a warning before. There's loads of cases where ex's have been attacked and even murdered. I believe this lady wants nothing to do with him so he should respect her wishes.

for as long as that nasty little website exists I can totally see why Hendry wouldn't want to even attempt to make a mends with that 'lovely innocent retired old couple' whilst they're running a propaganda campaign against him, I've no reason to believe a word they say any more than I have to believe anything Hendry says.

I'm not defending anybody, but I do have empathy for him, there's far worst people around to hate(if you must hate)

Pretty sure you'de be OK if you converted to islam and became a mohammedan.

Archived