Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Colin Hendry left?

neophox

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I always thought he came across quite well in his playing days. Certainly no sign of his life unravelling in the way it has.

He seems to becoming more and more anti social in his middle age in a Benjamin Button kind of way.

I always thought he came across quite well in his playing days. Certainly no sign of his life unravelling in the way it has.

He did. I had many a chat with him at club and social events - and as a 15 and 16 year old, I was surprised when he was happy to converse as openly as he did.

poor sod really is heading for a very dark future if he doesn't get help from somewhere, I met him in his home back when his wife was around and his kids where all littleNs, he was very down to earth. friendly and hospitable, he made time to speak to me and everybody else that where doing jobs around his house, I think people really underestimate the devastation caused by the loss of his wife, I also met her very briefly whilst there and she seemed like a very strong women and was probably a real anchor for big Col.

• Backroom

Utterly tragic what happened to him and every sympathy in the world HOWEVER his meltdown is now damaging others, conning, drink driving etc

Hendry has always been on the edge, whilst the death of his wife was tragic, he's been a **** for years.

The circumstances around his despute with the retired couple suggest some despicable, inexcusable behaviour.

Young Callum not only has his Dad's legendary status as a player to cope with but a much more sinister legacy as well. Good luck to the lad.

Looks like another piece of nepotism that is starting to run through football like a dose of salts. I just wonder how many of these "sons of ex-pros" would be given the time to establish themselves as academy players if they didn't have a ex-player for a dad with a couple of mates in the game here and there.

Looks like another piece of nepotism that is starting to run through football like a dose of salts. I just wonder how many of these "sons of ex-pros" would be given the time to establish themselves as academy players if they didn't have a ex-player for a dad with a couple of mates in the game here and there.

quite a narrow minded and cynical view that...................might be as simple as that if you happen to have a Dad who's a pro footballer, they have the time off, the skills and the access to good coaching techniques to give a huge advantage to their own kids, the rest of the kids (like most of us I guess) who have to rely on schoolteachers, wannabe coaches or well-meaning but generally inept 'qualified' FA coaches that impart their wisdom in grass roots football - dont get the same level of help.

Archived