BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Colin Hendry left?

neophox

for as long as that nasty little website exists I can totally see why Hendry wouldn't want to even attempt to make a mends with that 'lovely innocent retired old couple' whilst they're running a propaganda campaign against him, I've no reason to believe a word they say any more than I have to believe anything Hendry says.

I'm not defending anybody, but I do have empathy for him, there's far worst people around to hate(if you must hate)

Depends. From what I can gather Hendry started the trouble by effectively stealing 90k of them Prob a retaliatory motive which personally I can empathise with . Don't get mad get even.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The victims have done nothing wrong more power to them for making people aware of the scumbag conman, lessening the chances of him making a victim of someone else.

If I only had 90k I wouldn't be lending it anybody(other than immediate family members in desperate need), if I had say 180k and I chose to lend 90k to somebody but never got it back, id just be thinking to myself how dumb it was to lend them the money in the first place, let the courts do what they can(which prob wouldnt be much) and id get on with my life.

Everyone hates Hendry in this thread. Better post an 'edgy' comment defending him.

I've explained my reasons for having empathy for Hendry earlier in the thread, I understand if you and others don't feel the same way, I'm not just being contrary for the sake of it, but if that's what you think then so be it, just put me on ignore.

If I only had 90k I wouldn't be lending it anybody(other than immediate family members in desperate need), if I had say 180k and I chose to lend 90k to somebody but never got it back, id just be thinking to myself how dumb it was to lend them the money in the first place, let the courts do what they can(which prob wouldnt be much) and id get on with my life.

Too simplistic, and displays why you are unlikely to ever be in that position.

Too simplistic, and displays why you are unlikely to ever be in that position.

im content with my position thanks, you may have a bit of cash but it hasn't stopped you from still being a bitter man, maybe you've just always been that way inclined though and if that is the case then I apologise and you have my empathy.

Does anyone know anything about this Hector chap ? Seems a bit strange they'd just lend someone all that money if they couldn't really afford it. Not defending Hendry but it does have a whiff of a business deal that went wrong. He does need to get his act together though and quick. I fear things won't end well.

gazzareu_2056836i.jpg

Two guys with apparent problems with alcohol. One pitied, one vilified, yet both have made other people's lives a nightmare and lost personal fortunes and bucket fulls of credibility. I've no doubt that Hendry has screwed these people over, but it sounds like addiction to booze and gambling could be behind this once-loved jock becoming a prize-cock. Rubbish situation and a massive shame tbh.

I've explained my reasons for having empathy for Hendry earlier in the thread, I understand if you and others don't feel the same way, I'm not just being contrary for the sake of it, but if that's what you think then so be it, just put me on ignore.

I make a point not to put anyone on ignore. I respect everyone's right to an opinion.

...besides, everyone would just quote you, anyway. :P

it isn't getting even though, they're being vindictive and its been going on for years now, that's not going to help them, it will just make them bitter and miserable.

VINDICTIVE?

He robbed their life savings man!

• Backroom

gazzareu_2056836i.jpg

Two guys with apparent problems with alcohol. One pitied, one vilified, yet both have made other people's lives a nightmare and lost personal fortunes and bucket fulls of credibility. I've no doubt that Hendry has screwed these people over, but it sounds like addiction to booze and gambling could be behind this once-loved jock becoming a prize-cock. Rubbish situation and a massive shame tbh.

Gazza gets no pity from me anymore. Not after screwing up half-a-dozen olive branches.

VINDICTIVE?

He robbed their life savings man!

gazzareu_2056836i.jpg

Gascoigne never had to go through losing his wife to illness. Never understood why he seems to elicit so much public sympathy.

None of that excuses what Henry did though IF he did indeed steal or borrow 90k off these people. Can't say it matters to me a great deal though as I don't know the people concerned therefore it's none of my business.

Gascoigne never had to go through losing his wife to illness. Never understood why he seems to elicit so much public sympathy.

None of that excuses what Henry did though IF he did indeed steal or borrow 90k off these people. Can't say it matters to me a great deal though as I don't know the people concerned therefore it's none of my business.

My sentiments too.

• Backroom

I have followed this Hendry saga with interest over the years, and have firmly come to the conclusion that he is a pretty revolting human being. People argue that we only hear one side of the story and there may be more to it etc,etc - but why is that you have to wonder.

Perhaps because Hendry has absolutely zero he can say to defend himself because he knows he is bang to rights. If some-one spews the type of bile all over the press and internet that his ex-neighbour has, and you felt it was untrue, you would be raging and surely do something about it. If not legally, then a few statements and carefully chosen words in your own press pieces would help set the record straight. And it's not like he hasn't had the opportunities to speak out:

2011 - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/scotland-legend-colin-hendry-vows-1080948

"The only problem I have had with friends over the debt is the MacFarlanes. It was Hector MacFarlane that offered me the money in the first place. I never went to him. I am very sorry it has come to this."

My take: "I'll pay my brother and in-laws back cos they are family and I owe smaller amounts to them. But sod the neighbour, not that close to him and his wedge is big!!!" "It was Hector that offered the money" - so friggin what???!!! I have people emailing and texting me daily offering me loans Colin, doesn't mean I just take it with no intention of paying back. You're a grown adult.

"I'm very sorry it has come to this" - no you're not really are you Colin. Who would be sorry about 85k of free money.

2014 - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-scotland-star-colin-hendry-3254681

On MacFarlane - "I don't have any feelings one way or another about him. I'm just working hard for me and my family and trying to get on with my life. I've got my head down and I'm moving forward. I've been punished for my mistakes and I'm not looking for any excuses, and I'm not complaining either. "

Translation: "I couldn't give a toss about MacFarlane. I'm just interested in me, me, me. And luckily our country has laws which allow people like me to walk away from our debts scot free. I'm really hoping people will forget about this as it's been a while now. Yes, I am one of those people with a victim complex. No, I have no reason or justification for what I did. No, I'm not complaining that I got 85k free money."

Seriously people, this is a person who according to these articles has a pension of 60K a year after tax and has been earning extra on top of that from our club, and you feel sorry for him?! The bloke should of punched him a lot harder and a lot longer IMO.

Archived