BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys to reconsider position?

Stuart, you obviously put a lot of work into those attendance stats and thanks for that. Don't forget though that an attendance figure of 14000 is not a natural consequence of relegation.

Proof of that is the fact that attendance figures held up well when we were last relegated.

We are thousands down because of revulsion at what Kean/Venkys have done.

WhenVenkys are gone, many of these will return, not all but most I'd think.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart, you obviously put a lot of work into those attendance stats and thanks for that. Don't forget though that an attendance figure of 14000 is not a natural consequence of relegation.

Proof of that is the fact that attendance figures held up well when we were last relegated.

We are thousands down because of revulsion at what Kean/Venkys have done.

WhenVenkys are gone, many of these will return, not all but most I'd think.

But if FFP is linked to a club's income then, barring inequitable sponsorship deals (which would ultimately undermine FFP anyway), attendances seemed a good place to start.

I also don't feel that we will get back to the pre-Venkys attendances unless we get back to the PL - and even then only if it's cheap.

But if FFP is linked to a club's income then, barring inequitable sponsorship deals (which would ultimately undermine FFP anyway), attendances seemed a good place to start.

I also don't feel that we will get back to the pre-Venkys attendances unless we get back to the PL - and even then only if it's cheap.

I agree that the attendances are down because of the grievances against Venky's.Relegation is also a factor, but many can't forget how we were relegated i.e. by are own owners!

It is clear that Venky's are toxic and the support will never recover, while they are still here.The trouble is that even if Venky's do go,much of the support that has been lost will never return anyway. I think there is football research showing that once the attendance habit is broken it tends to stay broken.

Sean Dyche's quote was uncomfortable reading at the weekend.. Something about a small town club needing the support of the people in the town pulling together. Anyway, I have reached the conclusion that Venky's simply must go, as they are merely presiding over a slow death.

I agree that the attendances are down because of the grievances against Venky's.Relegation is also a factor, but many can't forget how we were relegated i.e. by our own owners!

It is clear that Venky's are toxic and the support will never recover, while they are still here.The trouble is that even if Venky's do go,much of the support that has been lost will never return anyway. I think there is football research showing that once the attendance habit is broken it tends to stay broken.

Sean Dyche's quote was uncomfortable reading at the weekend.. Something about a small town club needing the support of the people in the town pulling together. Anyway, I have reached the conclusion that Venky's simply must go, as they are merely presiding over a slow death.

Spellling ...sorry!

There's no doubt in my mind that for the longer term we would be better if Venkys left now, no matter what the consequences of that would be. We are stuck in decline and will continue in that way until all valuable assets are out of the club, either by necessity or design, and any interest in the club has died away. The only future I can see is if the club can be galvanised, even at a lower level, and uses the impetus created to get people to engage again with BRFC as a football club rather than a tragic circus.

Sean Dyche's quote was uncomfortable reading at the weekend.. Something about a small town club needing the support of the people in the town pulling together.

I'm inclined to agree with him.

Sadly, we need to know that the owners are pulling in the same direction as the fans before that can happen.

Or, perhaps just as importantly, if the fans are all pulling together, are they all pulling in the same direction...?

I think they ultimately want to see the club return to being well run, if not successful.

I'm not sure Venkys want us to be well run.

If they did, we wouldn't have Shaw in charge.

I'm fairly certain the Venkys didn't buy Rovers with the intention of making a loss or for us to have dropped a division. They've just been totally naive and trusted the wrong people. If people are p*ssed off with them for that then that's understandable but hopefully you're being tongue-in-cheek about them intentionally running Rovers into the ground. What, exactly, would they get out of doing that?

Intentions are one thing. What happens is another.

If they want us to be well run then why Shaw and why no replacement for the other board members who have left. They have made our Blackburn- based boardroom impotent and, despite all this alleged learning, they still think they can run the club from India.

I'm fairly certain the Venkys didn't buy Rovers with the intention of making a loss or for us to have dropped a division. They've just been totally naive and trusted the wrong people. If people are p*ssed off with them for that then that's understandable but hopefully you're being tongue-in-cheek about them intentionally running Rovers into the ground. What, exactly, would they get out of doing that?

Intentions are one thing. What happens is another.

Tongue in cheek? Well, I am not so sure...Please don't trot out that they were naive etc. The very first clue -right at the start-was that they did not even live up to their promises to leave the successful management structure in place

The problem is that their actions have defied credibility. If you had asked someone to actually devise a business plan with the sole aim of wrecking a business operation,destroying brand loyalty( horrible term) and flushing all its assets down the toilet, I bet they couldn't have bettered Venky's.

Even after the destruction they presided over...Kean, Anderson, Agnew, relegation etc,... what was their answer? Shebby f****ing Singh! For God's sake!!!! If Shebby Singh is the answer, I sure as hell don't want to know the question.

Believe me, in my working life I have had to listen to some very bizarre, other planet excuses and distorted logic for very bad behaviour. Almost always, such bizarre excuses equal certain repetition, and likely deterioration of the bad behaviour,

My assessment, Your Honour, is that Venky's are toxic. Rovers can never recover the necessary good will, while this poison remains...oh...in my opinion!!!!

The stadium needs a lick of paint, there's no hot water or soap in the bogs, their a absolute disgrace to Blackburn and it's Rovers.

Doesn't the health department inspect for soap and hot water? Food is served at Ewood, isn't it?

There are reasons why we should continue to languish, but equally there are plenty of reasons why we can get back up again and thrive. Of course it is difficut but everything is possible. One thing is certain - defeatism will get us nowhere.

Jim- Amen. We can get into the play-offs and we can win it. We just have to get behind the team. We could fail, but we might win, and the final whistle hasn't been blown.

I think they ultimately want to see the club return to being well run, if not successful.

I'm not sure Venkys want us to be well run.

If they did, we wouldn't have Shaw in charge.

Shaw worries me. He's not the man to take the club forward when it comes to managing the day to day affairs off the field. In my opinion, he's only there as he's shown loyalty to Venkys and they appear to value that trait above all others, including competence.

Sorrry steve but have stolen the line in your sig as I feel its apt

Sod shaw, sod venkys, if its promotion or bust this year then lets concentrate on the holy trinity for now

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the checks." Bill Shankly

Jim- Amen. We can get into the play-offs and we can win it. We just have to get behind the team. We could fail, but we might win, and the final whistle hasn't been blown.

This is an overly simplistic view and one that I believe Kean relied on to stay in charge for so long. It's just another way to point the finger at the fans if we aren't successful. "Well if we'd have just got behind the team things would have worked out better". There are still people who believe this is why we were relegated in the first place.

It's not just about 'getting behind the team' and 'we can win it' or even 'get into the play-offs'. This isn't a movie where you simply have to believe enough it to make it so. This is about having the right people making the important decisions at the club.

I agree that we should support the team and support Bowyer (there's not much else we can do at this stage) but unless Venkys get their @#/? together (or sell us to owners who have a plan and the means to see it through) then all that wishful thinking it just that: a recipe for even more misery as our raised hopes are dashed.

Sod shaw, sod venkys, if its promotion or bust this year then lets concentrate on the holy trinity for now

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the checks." Bill Shankly

That's an easy statement to make...

...when you have Bill Shankly as manager!

Yes...unless "the others" wack of the Holy Ghost, make God the Son an offer he can't refuse and take out the Father and trash his legacy!

Unlike Bob Dylan, Shankly's quotes quotes don't stand up to the test of time..i.e. Hillsborough......predatory agents and s***t foreign owners!

Doesn't the health department inspect for soap and hot water? Food is served at Ewood, isn't it?

Not sure Steve tbh, but if they do V..... probably instruct DS to turn the boiler on 5 mins before they arrive!!

There isn't even any hot running water in the Riverside toilets!

• Backroom

This is an overly simplistic view and one that I believe Kean relied on to stay in charge for so long. It's just another way to point the finger at the fans if we aren't successful. "Well if we'd have just got behind the team things would have worked out better". There are still people who believe this is why we were relegated in the first place.

It's not just about 'getting behind the team' and 'we can win it' or even 'get into the play-offs'. This isn't a movie where you simply have to believe enough it to make it so. This is about having the right people making the important decisions at the club.

I agree that we should support the team and support Bowyer (there's not much else we can do at this stage) but unless Venkys get their kean together (or sell us to owners who have a plan and the means to see it through) then all that wishful thinking it just that: a recipe for even more misery as our raised hopes are dashed.

Good post and agree completely. I can understand the need to believe that we can be successful with Venky's in charge, but it is a forlorn hope. Even if we did somehow get back up I have no doubt we'd come straight back down and Venky's would probably blow all our prem money on agents fees in the process.

Good post and agree completely. I can understand the need to believe that we can be successful with Venky's in charge, but it is a forlorn hope. Even if we did somehow get back up I have no doubt we'd come straight back down and Venky's would probably blow all our prem money on agents fees in the process.

yeah I agree too, nail,head,hammer Stuart

Don't be daft. We all cheer our heads off when we score. What the heck has that got to do with thinking venkys will probably take us down again? They have a proven track record of screwing up things that seem impossible to screw up so it's reasonable to assume that, since they learn nothing, they'd repeat the same mistakes, sack the guy who got us where we are, and blow loads of money on poor decisions.

There's no doubt in my mind that for the longer term we would be better if Venkys left now, no matter what the consequences of that would be. We are stuck in decline and will continue in that way until all valuable assets are out of the club, either by necessity or design, and any interest in the club has died away. The only future I can see is if the club can be galvanised, even at a lower level, and uses the impetus created to get people to engage again with BRFC as a football club rather than a tragic circus.

An excellent post !

Don't be daft. We all cheer our heads off when we score. What the heck has that got to do with thinking venkys will probably take us down again? They have a proven track record of screwing up things that seem impossible to screw up so it's reasonable to assume that, since they learn nothing, they'd repeat the same mistakes, sack the guy who got us where we are, and blow loads of money on poor decisions.

On the evidence of this season you think they learn nothing?!

• Backroom

Putting a rookie manager in charge, selling a bunch of top earners and bringing in masses of nobodies for hardly any money?

Yeah, they haven't done that before.

the only thing they've learnt is to keep their mouths shut, which is an improvement I suppose. However, have they learnt that to run a business successfully you need a proper structure? Have they learnt that selling assets and buying lesser players or relying purely on frees doesn't work if you want promotion? Have they learnt that you can't succeed if you treat your paying customers as unimportant? They may or may not have realised that Singh is not the answer to any football issues but really could even an idiot fail to notice that? No I don't think they've learnt anything. I like bowyer and feel we might as well have him as anyone else venkys might choose to manage our club, but if they really wanted promotion they would at least have looked at who else was available. I don't think they did.

Archived