BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys to reconsider position?

I agree but by having owners ,who actually care would be a great help !

VENKYS please go now !

Not enough! Wealth is everything in this game. You and I obviously care waggy (enough for you to pay the window cleaner and me the milkman) but the banks would pull the plug faster than a lightning strike should the two of us ever get the keys to Ewood Park. BRFC as it strands is submerged in debt and financially cannot 'wash it's own face'.

The sooner they fook off the better, all they've done is destroy Blackburn Rovers, simples.

And then what Mr T?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not enough! Wealth is everything in this game. You and I obviously care waggy but the banks would pull the plug faster than lightning should the two of us ever get the keys to Ewood Park.

I'm very keen to see how FFP will change that position, if at all.

What will the leagues look like in ten years time if FFP does 'work'?

Even with rich owners, the theory goes that we would still be a struggling Championship club.

Saying that, perhaps Burnley are going to prove the dream can stay alive without money. Although, with ticket prices being what they are, even they probably have more income than us!

This is why I will never forgive Venkys.

The results are a little better but we don't have what I call a proper manager or infrastructure in the boardroom///

They have too go !

We wont even have a boardroom then!

No one wanted the Venkys for Keanoff more than me when they turned up and sacked Sam 'the goose that laid the golden egg' Allardyce cos we had the Prem tipping a million pounds per week into the club kitty and imo could 'make a do'. However I was criticised roundly for not prostrating myself at the feet of our new owners and wringing me cap in their prescence, I was accused of racism and even incurred the wrath of the nickoteens who chose to blindly follow the false prophet even though it was obvious 30 pieces of silver had taken him over to the dark side. I was afraid that they would get us relegated and that relegation would see us off financially. Obvious to me that would happen and I doubted their loyalty to not simply asset strip the club to resolve the situation and disappear over the hill.

All that has gone now, we are a loss making business with a massive potential debt and without a wealthy 'idiot with a death wish' turning up we would be facing oblivion.

Truth is that until we can get the squad cost down to a reasonable level, until we can minimise outgoings and until the supporters will pay the going rate for their tickets we are almost totally dependent on the Venkymob. Some people really need to be careful what they wish for.

We wont even have a boardroom then!

No one wanted the Venkys for Keanoff more than me when they turned up and sacked Sam 'the goose that laid the golden egg' Allardyce cos we had the Prem tipping a million pounds per week into the club kitty and imo could 'make a do'. However I was criticised roundly for not prostrating myself at the feet of our new owners and wringing me cap in their prescence, I was accused of racism and even incurred the wrath of the nickoteens who chose to blindly follow the false prophet even though it was obvious 30 pieces of silver had taken him over to the dark side. I was afraid that they would get us relegated and that relegation would see us off financially. Obvious to me that would happen and I doubted their loyalty to not simply asset strip the club to resolve the situation and disappear over the hill.

All that has gone now, we are a loss making business with a massive potential debt and without a wealthy 'idiot with a death wish' turning up we would be facing oblivion.

Truth is that until we can get the squad cost down to a reasonable level, until we can minimise outgoings and until the supporters will pay the going rate for their tickets we are almost totally dependent on the Venkymob. Some people really need to be careful what they wish for.

Nail on the head Theno.

I don't blame them for that. Kean was a harsh lesson for them.

Should never have appointed him. Only themselves to blame. Besides which, he was a harsh lesson for us too but they wouldn't listen to us would they?

Anyway I 'm replying to a poster who says (wrongly) that Venkys have backed the manager financially. Are you saying that Venkys have tried that once and it failed therefore they shouldn't do it again even though its a completely different manager? What sort of logic is that?

Finally, does endless repetition of the "be careful what you wish for" catchphrase mean we must continue to put up with the dozy @#/?s! If so, count me out.

Should never have appointed him. Only themselves to blame. Besides which, he was a harsh lesson for us too but they wouldn't listen to us would they?

Anyway I 'm replying to a poster who says (wrongly) that Venkys have backed the manager financially. Are you saying that Venkys have tried that once and it failed therefore they shouldn't do it again even though its a completely different manager? What sort of logic is that?

How many times did you need to stick your hand in the fire as a child 47er? Once is all it takes if the pain is great enough.

How many times did you need to stick your hand in the fire as a child 47er?

Sticking your hand in the fire over and over again is doing exactly the same thing repeatedly-----like giving Kean new contracts.

Funding a bad manager repeatedly is the same. But funding a bad manager, then properly funding a relatively good manager is not repeating yourself and is where your analogy breaks down! Do you get the distinction?

Sticking your hand in the fire over and over again is doing exactly the same thing repeatedly-----like giving Kean new contracts.

Funding a bad manager repeatedly is the same. But funding a bad manager, then properly funding a relatively good manager is not repeating yourself and is where your analogy breaks down! Do you get the distinction?

Does it? I'm sure that they had been convinced that Kean, Berg and Appleton were all good managers when they were appointed.... until things turned sour and very costly. Maybe they are actually seeing some sense and heeding the example set 10 miles down the M65.

One might opine that they actually have backed the manager. They have given him just about the largest and most expensive squad in the division to work with. Other managers must be envious of the players and facilities that Bowyer has to work with.

Reminds me when the purse strings being drawn together after Jack Walker died and David Brown (I think) made the decisions. Gone were the days of lavish signings and big spending and in came the parsimonious instruction to trade within the value of the squad (decent squad it was too). Compared to the idiotic profligacy of Hodgson and Kidd (Kean worried me when he returned the club to those days) Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce worked wonders under those conditions.

Guest Norbert

I agree with that bold part of Gordon's message on the last page. We're stuck with the pillocks because of the situation they have put ourselves in.

I don't agree with the forelock tugging Gordon does towards 'bigger clubs', and saying we're at our 'natural level'. It shows subservience, a lack of ambition and drive, and should be smiling as the jackboot is pressed upon your face. Why bother fighting to keep a player, or build a squad? Let's just give the players away to 'bigger' teams and let Leeds win at Ewood.

And then what Mr T?

There's no guarentee's that any new owners would be better than V..... granted. But anyone who believes we are better off with them is imo off their tits. They've saddled tons of debt onto our club, alienated half the fans, sold a top ten prem team, made stupid decision after stupid decision, dismantled everything put in place by Jack, had a major negative impact on local business in and around Blackburn.

Do I really need to carry on ?? I mean come on it even costs the club hundreds of thousands of pounds whenever they feel like gracing us with their presence.

The stadium needs a lick of paint, there's no hot water or soap in the bogs, their a absolute disgrace to Blackburn and it's Rovers.

The results are a little better but we don't have what I call a proper manager or infrastructure in the boardroom///

They have too go !

I'm not defending them one bit waggy. I blame them entirely for our demise. I said months ago that I couldnt see a way for them to right their wrongs. As a result anything they have done will always draw criticism from some quarters. The only hope they had of redeeming themselves even slightly was to keep quiet while our on the field performances were top notch. However, we aren't doing that thus far. Hence my comment that if results were better and venkys maintained this silence (rather than half baked comments) then people would be less vocal. That scenario was the only one left for them as far as I'm concerned. Now that has started to fail I cant see anyway back for them. Next season with ffp kicking in and parachute payments the year after, their investment and our club seems destined to stagnate at best.

I'm not defending them one bit waggy. I blame them entirely for our demise. I said months ago that I couldnt see a way for them to right their wrongs. As a result anything they have done will always draw criticism from some quarters. The only hope they had of redeeming themselves even slightly was to keep quiet while our on the field performances were top notch. However, we aren't doing that thus far. Hence my comment that if results were better and venkys maintained this silence (rather than half baked comments) then people would be less vocal. That scenario was the only one left for them as far as I'm concerned. Now that has started to fail I cant see anyway back for them. Next season with ffp kicking in and parachute payments the year after, their investment and our club seems destined to stagnate at best.

And then you'll get some fans saying it was going to happen soon anyway

I agree with that bold part of Gordon's message on the last page. We're stuck with the pillocks because of the situation they have put ourselves in.

I don't agree with the forelock tugging Gordon does towards 'bigger clubs', and saying we're at our 'natural level'. It shows subservience, a lack of ambition and drive, and should be smiling as the jackboot is pressed upon your face. Why bother fighting to keep a player, or build a squad? Let's just give the players away to 'bigger' teams and let Leeds win at Ewood.

A small bunch of fans wishing it were so doesn't really help matters. We need a bigger fanbase if we are to compete higher up (ignoring Burnley's freakshow). So far this season, we have are 17th in the attendance league. We are where FFP wants us to be - slightly higher, possibly.

There are 3 League One teams with higher average gates than Rovers, and we are no longer the best supported club in Lancashire.

A small bunch of fans wishing it were so doesn't really help matters. We need a bigger fanbase if we are to compete higher up (ignoring Burnley's freakshow). So far this season, we have are 17th in the attendance league. We are where FFP wants us to be - slightly higher, possibly.

There are 3 League One teams with higher average gates than Rovers, and we are no longer the best supported club in Lancashire.

As things stand, in light of their high handed ignorance and greed... after all their wilful damage to a 130 old community asset, Venky's are quite frankly toxic.It would take a miracle to cleanse the poison. Rovers will never recover the support, while they are involved.

You cannot ignore Burnley's "freakshow" - or Hull, Cardiff, Swansea etc or any of the other clubs who show that with good management on and off the pitch you do not need vast amounts of money to be successful. Rovers are not in terminal decline as some seem to think and talk of a "natural level" in football and average gates being a barometer of club's standing is nonsense. As the clubs I have mentioned have shown, confidence and ambition, coupled with judicious management, are the key. There is no reason why Rovers cannot get be successful again.

You cannot ignore Burnley's "freakshow" - or Hull, Cardiff, Swansea etc or any of the other clubs who show that with good management on and off the pitch you do not need vast amounts of money to be successful. Rovers are not in terminal decline as some seem to think and talk of a "natural level" in football and average gates being a barometer of club's standing is nonsense. As the clubs I have mentioned have shown, confidence and ambition, coupled with judicious management, are the key. There is no reason why Rovers cannot get be successful again.

We shall see. For me, Burnley's progress will be short-lived. Whether their promotion-chase falters, or even if they are promoted they will come straight back down.

They have too small a squad and simply haven't got the resources to compete with 17 other clubs up there. Even if a local benefactor finds a few million down the back of his sofa, he can't even lump into the club.

Blood and sweat will only get you so far. Once you have players who rise to the top, they will be picked off by "bigger" clubs. Whilst we were locked into the PL gravy train, we were one of these "big clubs". Now we are lower end second tier fodder. If we are lucky, Bowyer and whoever follows Venkys will allow us to be lower end second tier battlers and we will have some football worth watching.

I see plenty of reasons why we cannot be successful again. I think what you mean is there is a chance, however small. There certainly is not "no reason".

There are reasons why we should continue to languish, but equally there are plenty of reasons why we can get back up again and thrive. Of course it is difficut but everything is possible. One thing is certain - defeatism will get us nowhere.

at least Burnley are at the right end of that table!

Ask any dingle and they'll tell you that obviously somone has missed a nought off the end of that figure.

There are reasons why we should continue to languish, but equally there are plenty of reasons why we can get back up again and thrive. Of course it is difficut but everything is possible. One thing is certain - defeatism will get us nowhere.

Defeatism? A rather better fit is pragmatism.

The question is though Jim "do you think this revival of our fortunes can be achieved while we remain owned by Venkys"?

Don't know about you Jim but I have never felt as despondent about my club than I do under the tenure of these inept Venky clowns.Whether you choose to bury your head in the sand or not this club is without question on a downward spiral both on and off the field of play from where we were only some 3 years ago before the Venky grip tightened around the club's neck...

It continues to be hard to breathe,there is a real and present danger the air supply will be cut off next season.

Archived