BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys to reconsider position?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I'd have kept Jones, and maybe the Polish keeper. Givet's heart was not in it for the last few years, MGP was pretty flat and CKR, was too inconsistent and had a bit of an attitude.

Only if you have an answer to resolving our financial predicament. You guys appear to have lost all touch with the reallity of our situation.

The reality of the situation is that our club has been taken away and treated like a rich kids' plaything and will die if this continues for much longer. Better to be out of this situation as it can only go 1 way under this lot. At least then we could get back to getting behind the club which a lot of people can't bring themselves to do at the moment.

At least then we could get back to getting behind the club which a lot of people can't bring themselves to do at the moment.

There lies venkys biggest crime. Its not relegation, FFP, keano, JA or anything else, its the fact that some fans just cant come back even though they want to.

Add in waggys post above about taking conference football right now to get rid and you see the damage they have done with soem fans

Quite sad and depressing really :(

The reality of the situation is that our club has been taken away and treated like a rich kids' plaything and will die if this continues for much longer. Better to be out of this situation as it can only go 1 way under this lot. At least then we could get back to getting behind the club which a lot of people can't bring themselves to do at the moment.

I guess I am coming to the same conclusion.They simply have to go. Then the healing/recovery can start...wherever the club is in terms of league( non league!!) status

the only thing they've learnt is to keep their mouths shut, which is an improvement I suppose. However, have they learnt that to run a business successfully you need a proper structure? Have they learnt that selling assets and buying lesser players or relying purely on frees doesn't work if you want promotion? Have they learnt that you can't succeed if you treat your paying customers as unimportant? They may or may not have realised that Singh is not the answer to any football issues but really could even an idiot fail to notice that? No I don't think they've learnt anything. I like bowyer and feel we might as well have him as anyone else venkys might choose to manage our club, but if they really wanted promotion they would at least have looked at who else was available. I don't think they did.

I agree.

I would take conference football tomorrow if Venkys did one !

Here here!

The club cannot start to rebuild until confused of Pune have left the building, if that means conference football I'm all for it.

I was talking to a Wolves fan last night, slightly different set if circumstances but they're havin a ball in the lower league, full house wherever they go, affordable and players not just in it for the money, sounds like heaven to me.

I raised a glass on hearing about Coco's departure, I would gladly pack up their name plates from the club [they surely can't have any other property at Ewood?] and drive them to Pune, when they leave.

They are up there with the Vikings in the rape and pillage stakes - metaphorically of course!

• Backroom

Here here!

The club cannot start to rebuild until confused of Pune have left the building, if that means conference football I'm all for it.

I was talking to a Wolves fan last night, slightly different set if circumstances but they're havin a ball in the lower league, full house wherever they go, affordable and players not just in it for the money, sounds like heaven to me.

Probably helps that they win almost every week thanks to having a vastly superior team in comparison to the rest of the division. If they were mid-table I don't think it'd quite be the dream they're apparently painting it as.

I raised a glass on hearing about Coco's departure, I would gladly pack up their name plates from the club [they surely can't have any other property at Ewood?] and drive them to Pune, when they leave.

They are up there with the Vikings in the rape and pillage stakes - metaphorically of course!

Absolutely. Do take care, though,...Andy Bayes didn't like my metaphorical use of rape on Radio Lancs!

I have started to empathise with the Anglo Saxons after the Norman invasion. Venky's are like the Sheriff of Nottingham, Gisbourne and the thieving Norman Barons .

To hell with driving them back to Pune. Think man in blue and white hood in the woods behind Ewood, twang of longbow, and 3 empty seats in the directors' box!

Probably helps that they win almost every week thanks to having a vastly superior team in comparison to the rest of the division. If they were mid-table I don't think it'd quite be the dream they're apparently painting it as.

Getting relegated before the PL parachute payments have ended probably helps.

It may be noble being a lower league team but if we can't adjust to Championship level players, we are really going to struggle watching League One or Two level - let alone Conference.

It can be endured, of course, and as I say there is a certain nobility about a player giving his all for the shirt. But if his 'all' ain't all that then it's going to be quite an adjustment.

I'm sure Accrington Stanley fans don't want to see Conference football any time soon, so I'm pretty certain we don't!

I would take conference football tomorrow if Venkys did one !

How about bankruptcy? Have you any idea how much Ewood and Brockhall cost to run even without taking players remuneration into account. And before you ask I don't either but Conference gate receipts wont even go an inch towards covering it.

I think many on here can't even imagine the consequences should our backers up sticks and leave.

Archived