BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys to reconsider position?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one who has had plenty to say in the early part of Venkys ownership, and having weighed things as they have been since the departure of Kean into the equation; I have come round to the conclusion that virtually ALL our disastrous decisions and events were actually down to the outside influences that throughout the Kean era were completely ruling the Venky's thinking and decision making, and which (thankfully) are no longer applicable.

Yes our owners are still virtually clueless and completely lacking in the knowledge they need to successfully run a football club at any level, but at least there are now clear signs that they actually do care, and if they ever manage to get their heads round the idea that they really do NEED to appoint a board and management team that really has all the necessary knowledge, experience and ability to run a football club at the top level successfully, then (and only then) will we see Blackburn Rovers FC return to what it should be. Whether or not this happens any time soon (or ever) remains to be seen.

BUT having said all that there are now at long last at least some promising signs that they actually do care, and if they ever do get round to to making the necessary changes in the management structure that is essential to our recovery, then I believe we can get back were we belong.

So the message is: Don't be TOO much in a hurry to get rid of the Venkys just yet......let's just see what transpires this season, and give them this one last chance.

P.S. I never thought I would ever find myself saying this; BUT things DO seem to be showing at least some small promise for now at least.

We are knackered with Venkys and are probably finished without them...a grim choice indeed.

Why do so many people think this way? Because we are grim northeners?

Surely how we fare post-Venkys (and that time will come) depends on who buys us?

If its Ian Battersby and some rich mates for example, why would that be a bad outcome?

If you keep thinking so negatively then we should be pleading with Venkys to stay, how pathetic is that?

(Just seen your post Fife. Sorry, we will never prosper with Venkys, serial and committed idiots.)

Surely how we fare post-Venkys (and that time will come) depends on who buys us?

If its Ian Battersby and some rich mates for example, why would that be a bad outcome?

If you keep thinking so negatively then we should be pleading with Venkys to stay, how pathetic is that?

(Just seen your post Fife. Sorry, we will never prosper with Venkys, serial and committed idiots.)

My main worry is that Venky's may decide to cut their losses in January and sell any player of transfer value.

Who knows where this may leave us at the end of the season and even well meaning new owners would have their work cut out, especially under the FFP rules.

I disagree that Venky's are now running the club properly.

Derek Shaw is running the show inspite of everything and in my opinion they are steadily running us into the ground.

The club's infrastructure is in tatters.

There are worse ownership options than Venky's out there, so this mantra of 'anyone is better than Venky's' is false. Looking at the options we know of so far I have serious doubts about all of them financially.

i would think it would be quite easy to rake in 20 mill for Rhodes, Dann, Hanley and poss 1 or 2 others combined. If they had a fire sale it probably wouldnt bother them how many they sold but im sure they could get back the money they paid for the club.

Until we find our true level.

Rem the Walker years were our very own Fantasy Island and just like Fantasy Island the plane came to take us home and back to the real world. Get used to it all you U30's we are where we belong..... or maybe just above.

Wrong.

Correct to your generation, but your elders would tell you that we used to be one of the country's biggest clubs and won the FA Cup several years in a row, so being in the second tier is untrue to our club.

Both in recent history and the clubs overall history, we are a top flight club and are comfortably in the top 20 for overall success in the league and cups.

So, we are far from 'at our level', unless you happen to be of a certain age.

BRFC is a financial disaster. The club must be haemoraging money left right and centre. Ian Battersby is no doubt quite wealthy but he is not mega rich and his plan will not be to throw giood money after bad. Unless the old lot can be persuaded to pick it up for a song at some point in the future and catch the Venkys with their trousers down then I don't hold out much hope in the longer term.

Wrong.

Correct to your generation, but your elders would tell you that we used to be one of the country's biggest clubs and won the FA Cup several years in a row, so being in the second tier is untrue to our club.

Both in recent history and the clubs overall history, we are a top flight club and are comfortably in the top 20 for overall success in the league and cups.

So, we are far from 'at our level', unless you happen to be of a certain age.

Cling on to history all you want but the demise of Blackburns wealth creator King Cotton in the mid 20th century, the abolishment of the max wage in the 60's, home clubs keeping all the gate money in the 70's, Freedom of contract / Johnny Bosman in the 90's and now the FFP are all stacked massively against small clubs like ours. Unless someone is willing to blow their brains out financially in support of BRFC you will not see the glory days return.

Cling on to history all you want but the demise of Blackburns wealth creator King Cotton in the mid 20th century, the abolishment of the max wage in the 60's, home clubs keeping all the gate money in the 70's, Freedom of contract / Johnny Bosman in the 90's and now the FFP are all stacked massively against small clubs like ours. Unless someone is willing to blow their brains out financially in support of BRFC you will not see the glory days return.

I agree but by having owners ,who actually care would be a great help !

Venkys do not and have not given a crap since day one ....

Which other owners would have Derek Shaw as their chairman, chief exec call it what you want ?

Which owners would have sacked Big Sam and appointed an imposter for a season and a half , until relegation was confirmed ..?

The better players were sold and utter crap signed to make sure relegation was confirmed ...

VENKYS please go now !

There are worse ownership options than Venky's out there, so this mantra of 'anyone is better than Venky's' is false. Looking at the options we know of so far I have serious doubts about all of them financially.

I don't recall anyone saying that "anyone is better than Venkys", so how that becomes a "mantra" ie something that is chanted infinitum is beyond me!

However, given their record, losing Venkys and ending up worse would be a difficult challenge!

I think that in a lot of the decisions venky's have made they have listened to the wrong people. Those people have profitted massively from venkys. As business people maybe that shouldn't be an excuse, but as someone pointed out to me the other day - the current venkys didn't build their empire- it was the generation before.

The trouble now is that for a lot of fans they can't win - there was a time when desai would release statements about what they were trying to do - and she was slated. Now they keep quiet and people slate them for it. They brought in berg because he was a fan's favourite, now bowyer is in charge, shebby is gone, bowyer picks his signings and team. The season tickets are dirt cheap. All of these things indicate they are trying and may have begun to learn. But as i said - many minds are made up.

I don't think that, all things considered, they have been good owners to date. But i think saying they don't and have never cared about the club is wrong. Why would they have sanctioned the investment in us getting our academy upgraded? Why would they subsidise us to the tune of 2 million a month? - even when they are given stick by the fans.

I am not surprised they might try and sell us. I love rovers, but i'm not sure i would want to try and keep some of our misery-addict fans happy - an impossible, thankless and expensive challenge. Make early mistakes and you will never be forgiven by many.

Poor old Venkys. It just goes to show how time heals all wounds for some. I would go so far as to say that is one of the most pathetic posts I've read for some time. In the truest sense of the word.

Personally I will never forgive, trust, or even give them the benefit of the doubt again. I'm afraid they made my mind up a long time ago.

"The fans don't deserve owners like Venkys" is probably a good phrase that we could both agree on - for very different reasons.

If ever there was a post more deserving of Abs' term VENKYLOVER I don't think I've seen it.

I'm amazed how any fan can make excuses for them. The reason we are now a mid table Championship side losing money, could face a transfer embargo, administration etc etc is down to them. Their ineptitude defies belief and I hate them with a passion. The sooner they ship out and let people who care pick up the pieces the better. We will have to bear the consequences of the mess they have made but so be it.

The sentiment might not be to everyone's liking. But the fact is they can't do anything anymore without facing criticism from one section or another. Nothing to do with blaming fans imo. Its just such a mess the situation is probably beyond repair. Give them credit (although I suspect most wouldn't) the only way they could rescue this is by keeping schtum, back the manager financially and let the on field success do the talking. If the results had been better this season then a good few more fans would be less vocal about Venkys.

The sentiment might not be to everyone's liking. But the fact is they can't do anything anymore without facing criticism from one section or another. Nothing to do with blaming fans imo. Its just such a mess the situation is probably beyond repair. Give them credit (although I suspect most wouldn't) the only way they could rescue this is by keeping schtum, back the manager financially and let the on field success do the talking. If the results had been better this season then a good few more fans would be less vocal about Venkys.

The results are a little better but we don't have what I call a proper manager or infrastructure in the boardroom///

They have too go !

I don't think anyone would criticise them if they appointed a proper management structure at the club.

It was only 6 months ago they were in court saying under oath that Shaw was acting out of control.

I don't think anyone would criticise them if they appointed a proper management structure at the club.

It was only 6 months ago they were in court saying under oath that Shaw was acting out of control.

I think shaw took one for venkys in that court case and wasn't really out of control. The issue with that though is how desperate is he for a job that he would agree to that and essentially ensure he's unemployable at any other football club due to that story.

Another 6 months and that will be forgiven and forgotten too. For most of those who haven't already.

Archived