BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys to reconsider position?

There's nothing to stop someone taking over the club and bypassing the FFP through its various loopholes. Haven't Man. City secured a huge sponsorship deal with "Etihad Airways" who are linked to Sheikh Mansour? There's all kinds of ways to get-around the financial restrictions if the owners are shrewd enough. No, the main problem is finding someone with more money than sense in the first place. Sadly, a more likely scenario is the Pompey one. Rovers will be passed from one dodgy owner to another until the Community Trust saves the club from administration. The only hope at the moment is the two Ians, but they (or rather, their investors) aren't going to hang around forever after Venky's have already rebuffed them.

Agreed, I think FFP provides a convenient, go to excuse for Venky's.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They promised to keep the existing management structure. They promised to invest in players to take us to the Champions League. They said there was no need to sell players. They said they were committed to us remaining a Premier League outfit. They promised a lot......

They then replaced the existing management structure immediately. They invested nothing. Champions League - who honestly believed that with 5 million a year to invest? They sold, or removed, or isolated the vast majority of the PL squad. They bought the biggest load of old rubbish anyone has ever seen creating a hugely unbalanced, lob-sided assortment of journeymen, foreign mercenaries, ageing pretenders and young wannabees. They relegated us easily at the 2nd attempt, having done brilliantly to almost relegate us at the first attempt from a position of mid-table safety and security.

They have lied, cheated and abused the club, many of its employees and its supporters (often described as customers in other industries). They have waxed millions off our company turnover through sheer stupidity. They have waxed millions of company income through laziness, greed and poor decision making. They have isolated the community and have turned loyal fans against each other. They have downgraded and downsized the product offering and product quality to such an extent half of their paying customers have vanished. They removed the vast majority of the administration and replaced them with ludicrous fools like Shaw and Agnew. They have made the Rovers brand poisonous to such an extent, at the same time as removing marketing staff, we now struggle to get shirt sponsors, ground sponsors, match sponsors and ball sponsors. Corporate hosptality has nose-dived, as has perimiter board advertising, concourse advertising, match-day and weekly lottery takings. They have been a commercial disaster every step of the way and have managed and operated us like a train wreck.

I do not have one good word to say about the Venky's. The fact they now have to prop up a business they decimated, does not make them worthy of praise. In fact quite the opposite as it highlights their total and lasting stupidity. Their actions have been cringeworthy and embarrassing as they have ruined something which took years of hard work and investment to build. Those claiming natural order and levels, need to appreciate this new level of mediocrity was only achievable if downsizing and degrading all that had been built and earnt over many years. The fact they achieved it so quickly is the only remarkable thing about the Venky's tenure.

As a personal aside, I feel sorry for my son. Young lad, newish Rovers fan, who loved watching us compete at the highest level against the very best around. I also feel sorry for my mum. Riddled with bone marrow cancer, life-long fan and season ticket holder who having seen and gone through it all with the Rovers would have loved to see us play at the top table this last few years of her life.

The Venky's action have ramifications up and beyond what we all instantly identify on behalf of the club. Their negative, destructive legacy will last for a long time to come and I for one cannot understand their logic, reasoning, or position, at any stage of their ownership at the club. Real people are involved here and I feel sorry for any that have had their income and lifestyle affected.

Useless owners. Laughable. The pride I and many others once had in the club has been badly damaged as our reputation and standing has been tarnished, stained and ruined. I would love them to turn it round as it is obviously the best option remaining. Do I have any faith whatsoever in their ability to do so? Of course not....their actions speak far louder than their words.

You've put that very well indeed.

What I feel most strongly is that Venky's have killed any sense of joy or expectation. It's evident here, on the LT boards, in the concourses...

Mention of Rovers nowadays prompts a shake of the head more than anything else, and that is sad.

I just want them to go, go, go - whatever the cost.

Brilliant post, Onlyonejackwalker, but lets not give Venky's all the credit (although I bet one has probably played a bigger role than the other three) for setting a once well run club on the path to destruction, many have provided invaluable help and made a few quid on the way there's the just like a family member fully approved FA Agent and his friends in sunnier climates, there's the ex FA Business partners and not forgetting the FA themselves and off course not forgetting the collaborators within another link with the FA there (although a silent one)..

Wonder why it's all been allowed to happen in the incorruptible English game? You would think the games governing body ( well those that are left and not gone off to work for sporting agencies) and the broadcaster of "greatest league in the world" would be all over something like this wouldn't you?

Well said sir , Might i add ...Holding us hostage in a indian bank with a declining rupee making it all the more difficult for any potential buyer to do any kind of clear accounting ...

They promised to keep the existing management structure. They promised to invest in players to take us to the Champions League. They said there was no need to sell players. They said they were committed to us remaining a Premier League outfit. They promised a lot......
They then replaced the existing management structure immediately. They invested nothing. Champions League - who honestly believed that with 5 million a year to invest? They sold, or removed, or isolated the vast majority of the PL squad. They bought the biggest load of old rubbish anyone has ever seen creating a hugely unbalanced, lob-sided assortment of journeymen, foreign mercenaries, ageing pretenders and young wannabees. They relegated us easily at the 2nd attempt, having done brilliantly to almost relegate us at the first attempt from a position of mid-table safety and security.
They have lied, cheated and abused the club, many of its employees and its supporters (often described as customers in other industries). They have waxed millions off our company turnover through sheer stupidity. They have waxed millions of company income through laziness, greed and poor decision making. They have isolated the community and have turned loyal fans against each other. They have downgraded and downsized the product offering and product quality to such an extent half of their paying customers have vanished. They removed the vast majority of the administration and replaced them with ludicrous fools like Shaw and Agnew. They have made the Rovers brand poisonous to such an extent, at the same time as removing marketing staff, we now struggle to get shirt sponsors, ground sponsors, match sponsors and ball sponsors. Corporate hosptality has nose-dived, as has perimiter board advertising, concourse advertising, match-day and weekly lottery takings. They have been a commercial disaster every step of the way and have managed and operated us like a train wreck.
I do not have one good word to say about the Venky's. The fact they now have to prop up a business they decimated, does not make them worthy of praise. In fact quite the opposite as it highlights their total and lasting stupidity. Their actions have been cringeworthy and embarrassing as they have ruined something which took years of hard work and investment to build. Those claiming natural order and levels, need to appreciate this new level of mediocrity was only achievable if downsizing and degrading all that had been built and earnt over many years. The fact they achieved it so quickly is the only remarkable thing about the Venky's tenure.
As a personal aside, I feel sorry for my son. Young lad, newish Rovers fan, who loved watching us compete at the highest level against the very best around. I also feel sorry for my mum. Riddled with bone marrow cancer, life-long fan and season ticket holder who having seen and gone through it all with the Rovers would have loved to see us play at the top table this last few years of her life.
The Venky's action have ramifications up and beyond what we all instantly identify on behalf of the club. Their negative, destructive legacy will last for a long time to come and I for one cannot understand their logic, reasoning, or position, at any stage of their ownership at the club. Real people are involved here and I feel sorry for any that have had their income and lifestyle affected.
Useless owners. Laughable. The pride I and many others once had in the club has been badly damaged as our reputation and standing has been tarnished, stained and ruined. I would love them to turn it round as it is obviously the best option remaining. Do I have any faith whatsoever in their ability to do so? Of course not....their actions speak far louder than their words.

I found it actually therapeutic to see my own feelings reflected so eloquently by someone else.

I wish this -and other posts on here- could be read by a wider audience. You tell it as it is.

It is the rarely told, unquantifiable impact on so many people's lives.

Best wishes.

Love Rovers/hate Venky's

And yet there are STILL fans - even now - who blame the fans for not getting behind Kean.

Makes you want to weep.

• Backroom

A great post and one that certain people who are beginning to creep back towards Venky apologism should read over and over again until all traces of praise or appreciation are wiped from their brains.

A great post and one that certain people who are beginning to creep back towards Venky apologism should read over and over again until all traces of praise or appreciation are wiped from their brains.

Yup.

Not in any way, shape or form does this set up constitute 'promotion or bust'.

Making the youth team coach manager and signing young, cheap players, (all overseen by dithery Derek), is a non effort.

Spot on. And should be added to the list of Venky's crimes in the excellent post below.

OOJW is bob on. Have they gone (even more) silent, so they think we will forget?

Once this sad, grim, utterly corrupt period in our otherwise magnificent history is over, we should archive under S.....shysters/Shabby/Shebby/Strange shelf salesman/Coco (can't print his name beginning with s!), sycophants and generally sh*t owners! we can start again......could any alternative be worse? Starting from anywhere without the dark lords must be an improvement!

You are dead right there.They caused it and that is the awful reality. However, to bend your own metaphor...

You can't swim and some great big, stupid, arrogant, clumsy oaf pushes you into the water..In doing so, the stupid oaf falls into the water himself.

Unlike yourself, the stupid oaf can swim and you find yourself grabbing hold of him, as he swims to safety.

Once in water of standing depth, stand up, push him under and hold him there till the inevitable.

Needless to say, you don't feel any gratitude! but a kean sense of satisfaction.

Ha! I would prolong it a while....ever thought of waterboarding?

And yet there are STILL fans - even now - who blame the fans for not getting behind Kean.

Makes you want to weep.

If you are right, I can only assume that those folk are not all quite there.

Most of us saw what would inevitably happen if the witless bald weasel stayed at our club.

Sadly a minority couldn't see that far ahead and...well, the rest is now history.

Can anybody else see the irony of that post being written by a member whose board name is 'onlyonejackwalker'? :rover:

Brilliant post absolutely spot on, what they have done and the hurt they have inflicted is beyond belief. I can't look forward while they are still here, I can only look back to the days (good or bad) when we had a normal football club.

This is a brilliant post written by a true Rover !

I sincerely hope that one day the world is told the full truth of what happened, Glasgow gangsters, dodgy agents, dodgy managers the lot and

who sold the whole idea to Venky's ?

Because it certainly was'nt conceived in India !

Brilliant post

That post should be kept and shown to fans of other clubs who don't understand the frustrations of Rovers fans.

The other thing missing is a footnote to say that the FA, Premier League and Football League have done NOTHING to stop Venkys doing this.

One of the best posts I have ever read on here, well said pal.

That post should be kept and shown to fans of other clubs who don't understand the frustrations of Rovers fans.

The other thing missing is a footnote to say that the FA, Premier League and Football League have done NOTHING to stop Venkys doing this.

Interestingly their appears to be a civil war about to rage at NUFC. They are having a bad run in the Prem, just lost to Sland and were knocked out of the League Cup last night. The local press have been having a go at Ashley and the Newcastle Chronicle has been trying to instigate a protest march so in a presumed rage Ashley has banned the lot of them from the ground! Kinnear seems a hate figure and is still occupying a vague role at the club but seems more like to be the monkey on (8 year contract man) Alan Pardews shoulders.

Trouble at the toon and to think it's not all that long ago that Pardew was publically gobbing off and criticising our protests awhilst offering sympathy and support for the little bald Kean! They do say what goes around comes around don't they? :tu: Be interesting to see if it all kicks off the views of the press and media, other managers, PFA, LMA Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Archived