BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Christmas Dinner

• Backroom

So what is everyone doing? Standard turkey or something more adventurous?

I've got a turkey crown which I'll just top with bacon and roast but also doing Nigellas recipe of a gammon joint slow cooked in coke - I'm just not sure what coke she meant now!

Hope you all have a great one no matter what you do!

• Backroom

We do the coke ham *sniff* all year round. Awesome for butties.

Xmas eve, we have a gathering with pulled pork shoulder butties and devils on horseback (dates wrapped in bacon).

Xmas day is more traditional, but on boxing day the gf has told me to expect pheasant terrine at her parents' house.

We always share Christmas with friends from three doors down. Take it in turn each year to eat at each other's house. Our turn this year. Each house cooks it's own meal and brings it round to the other.

This year I'm cooking venison with either a juniper berry jus or a port and fig sauce. All depends on finding - or not - juniper berries today!!

Our friends are doing guinea fowl.

Correct Jim nothing wrong with turkey and equally nothing wrong with cooking something special. after 30 years of cooking turkey I'm looking forward to something which will be different and cooks in 20 minutes!!!

All the family will have Christmas Dinner (lunch) at my eldest son's house. We provide the turkey, which this year resembles an Emu and only just fits in the oven and other family members provide the rest of the food an drink. Always an enjoyable get together as we all live locally.

• Backroom

Must admit I always chuck some Yorkshire puds in as well

Trying to get as much prep done as I can today as it will be hectic tomorrow and I'll spend most my day trying to get toys out of blister packets! Got my ham slow cooking to flash roast tomorrow; pigs in blankets prepped (10 per person may be excessive but they're only small!), veg peeled and chopped.

Now to relax a bit and enjoy

Merry Christmas!

• Moderation Lead

Must admit I always chuck some Yorkshire puds in as well

Trying to get as much prep done as I can today as it will be hectic tomorrow and I'll spend most my day trying to get toys out of blister packets! Got my ham slow cooking to flash roast tomorrow; pigs in blankets prepped (10 per person may be excessive but they're only small!), veg peeled and chopped.

Now to relax a bit and enjoy

Merry Christmas!

The Yorkshires have been a bit of a controversial inclusion for some in my family, but glad they've been included!

Xmas meal is pretty conventional, Turkey, stuffing etc with close family. Boxing Day is another story - my wife throws our house open to all sorts of people. Family of course but all sorts of distant friends and friends of their friends and their noxious little sprogs. Basically a load of freeloading @#/?s who we won't see again until next Boxing Day. In fact any board members walking by look out that you don't get dragged in by a mad woman. My wife loves it and I hate it. Time stands still, in fact I think time actually goes backwards !

I can't wait for 11.00 pm ish when they've drunk all my ale and they kean off home.

My family has a traditional Christmas Eve meal of cold pork, potato salad, mixed salad, coleslaw and an onion chutney. It's so good it nearly beats Christmas dinner. We have a traditional Christmas dinner of turkey, with all the trimmings and I love it. My sister made two deserts of mixed berry roulade and a tarte tatin with homemade custard. There was also Christmas pudding and a box of a very famous local ice cream knocking around. It was delicious. We're thinking of getting a goose next year for a change.

Don't fancy the salad Roy. That's for rabbits.

Had a great traditional Christmas dinner at one of my sons houses with all the family and plenty of bubbly. You can't beat turkey for me, love it. You can keep you greasy duck and goose. We all had a fantastic Christmas day. Just need Rovers to win now to make my Christmas complete.

Guest Norbert

If Jim smokes, I doubt it would be a pipe. They're probably far too bourgeois for him, He'd be a woodbine or roll ups kind of man :P.

My family are quite typical in that we have turkey and loads of veg, followed by a Christmas pudding that my mum had made. Boxing day consists of chips, ham, a bit of beef and left over turkey. And a bit of salad.

Archived