BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Dann debate is a strange one , he ,Kane Hanley , Spurr ,Kean and Eastwood individually are decent players especially at this level,and defensively i think we're playing better than last year but their individual errors over the season has cost us too many goals

Why are we comparing being in an office to playing a sport? It's totally different. I've had plenty of teammates and coaches do things to me that I would never accept from a colleague at work.

I wouldn't say that his reaction was ideal, but for months people wouldn't stop going on about how the team lacked passion, interest and leaders. What he did may not have been perfect, but at least it showed some interest.

Also, judging by the lack off comment from the club and players and the result at the weekend there appears to have been little or no fall out.

I could easily imagine us playing against a team where a defender did that and comments on here being along the lines of 'if only we had someone that cared that much' or 'just what his team needed to get them into line'.

So Bullying and public humiliation is ok as long as it's done by the team captain ? Do you think this should be applied right down to the under 7's and 8's ?

It's a good job that Dann is captain with this new inspirational leadership technique otherwise with the amount of mistakes he makes , caught out of position , shirking challenges , failing to get more than two inches off the ground for headers he would spend half the game being pushed on his arse.

There's a big difference between being a good captain and a somebody throwing their weight about, professionalism is a big part of it and the only one who showed professionalism in that incident was Eastwood who didn't get back up and chin Dann

Oh come on, these aren't under 7's and under 8's. They're grown men and they're highly paid professionals playing a sport.

Dann has been one of our best players this season.

Agree they are highly paid professionals and as you seem to be defending this style of captaincy and it seems it is acceptable to the club ,my point was if it is acceptable do you think it should be implemented right through the club to all levels obviously only when they are playing in a match otherwise it would be bullying.

Agree they are highly paid professionals and as you seem to be defending this style of captaincy and it seems it is acceptable to the club ,my point was if it is acceptable do you think it should be implemented right through the club to all levels obviously only when they are playing in a match otherwise it would be bullying.

Hardly. I also would have no problem with Bowyer swearing during team talks or when talking to the players, but I wouldn't want the under 8's manager doing that.

Oh come on, these aren't under 7's and under 8's. They're grown men and they're highly paid professionals playing a sport.

Dann has been one of our best players this season.

So if Rhodes missed a sitter you would be happy for the capt to shove him to the floor and bollock him ?

Guest Norbert

Has Gestade looked like he can make a contribution to the team? I know he scored against Leeds, but does he help Rhodes for example?

We do need a forward to do that since DJ and Best have done eff all since arriving.

• Backroom

Has Gestade looked like he can make a contribution to the team? I know he scored against Leeds, but does he help Rhodes for example?

We do need a forward to do that since DJ and Best have done eff all since arriving.

He worked hard and won plenty of flick ons against Brum

He will be a player that frustrates but will help Rhodes

Still, it's good that we're making signings we actually intend to use unlike Ribeiro who played how many games for us since joining?!

Our priority absolutely needs to be a goalkeeper in this window because Kean and Eastwood are both a liability and Robinson is an unknown at the moment having been out so long.

Still, it's good that we're making signings we actually intend to use unlike Ribeiro who played how many games for us since joining?!

Our priority absolutely needs to be a goalkeeper in this window because Kean and Eastwood are both a liability and Robinson is an unknown at the moment having been out so long.

Agree strongly with this. Freidal would be such a great signing. Give the whole club a lift.

No point selling Dann now imo everything possible should be done to get us in the playoffs. In terms of our debt, selling Dann is chicken feed.

Agree strongly with this. Freidal would be such a great signing. Give the whole club a lift.

No point selling Dann now imo everything possible should be done to get us in the playoffs. In terms of our debt, selling Dann is chicken feed.

Wow, I got shot to pieces for suggesting that earlier in the season

We would need spurs to pay a huge portion of his wages and they have no reason to do that. It would be awesome but I cant see anyway it can happen

That said 2014 is going pretty well so far so who knows :)

Archived