BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to Lucas Neill ? At 35 you should still be very good as a defender.

No he can't even get in a team in Japan A-League...

Money talks probably.... He's downfall started 2009 when he left West Ham or even 2007 when he left Rovers.

IF he had motivation and he does fight for a Place in World Cup he could been a gamble to our defence but not sure really.

To compare Lucas Neill to the likes of Best, Campbell & Dickson is just ridiculous.

Ok, he left for all the wrong reasons but people seem to forget that before that he played his heart out for this club for 6 solid years.

I'm in no way advocating a return for him, by the way.

What happened to Lucas Neill ? At 35 you should still be very good as a defender.

No he can't even get in a team in Japan A-League...

Money talks probably.... He's downfall started 2009 when he left West Ham or even 2007 when he left Rovers.

IF he had motivation and he does fight for a Place in World Cup he could been a gamble to our defence but not sure really.

Rovers were a very good club when he left us for West Ham. The move was about nothing but money. Never forget a home match against Pompey. We were 3 up and the fans singing, are u watching Lucas Neill..

We are all mercenaries. We nearly all make job choices with salary as the #1 priority.

Agree with your remarks but Liverpool would not have paying poorly and were in with a chance of silverware. Rovers were offering very good terms. WHU were desperate, in real danger of relegation, were offering silly money. He choose money over teams who could provide chances of winning silverware and still earn mega bucks. His statements that he was going to further his career marked him as one mercenary that left a bitter aftertaste, like the 3 present Rovers players mentioned.

Agree with your remarks but Liverpool would not have paying poorly and were in with a chance of silverware. Rovers were offering very good terms. WHU were desperate, in real danger of relegation, were offering silly money. He choose money over teams who could provide chances of winning silverware and still earn mega bucks. His statements that he was going to further his career marked him as one mercenary that left a bitter aftertaste, like the 3 present Rovers players mentioned.

London is also quite a lure for foregin players, but that said I agree he went for the money

We are all mercenaries. We nearly all make job choices with salary as the #1 priority.

Speak for yourself. Just because you are motivated by money does not mean everyone is. Job choice and job satisfaction are priorities for many people.

I'm not, the salary is a consideration sure but not the number 1 priority for me. My number 1 priority is staying clear of the private sector, but thats just me.

Footballers are clearly motivated by money, loyalty hardly exists in todays game which is one of the biggest problems the game faces today.

I'm not, the salary is a consideration sure but not the number 1 priority for me. My number 1 priority is staying clear of the private sector, but thats just me.

Footballers are clearly motivated by money, loyalty hardly exists in todays game which is one of the biggest problems the game faces today.

But if you could double or triple your salary moving to the private sector, would your priorities remain the same?

So zero money to be made available for the transfer window as the Venkys look to financially restructure the club

Have this lot just realised we are heading for financial meltdown?

To be fair this is the first full season they have had the chance to run their own club (or so it seems)

But if you could double or triple your salary moving to the private sector, would your priorities remain the same?

Yes they certainly would, but I guess I'm lucky in that respect that I don't have to move for money, then again neither do multi millionaire footballers, but more often than not they move for a few thousand here, a few thousand there, Ashley Cole for one, greedy bastartd.

Yes they certainly would, but I guess I'm lucky in that respect that I don't have to move for money, then again neither do multi millionaire footballers, but more often than not they move for a few thousand here, a few thousand there, Ashley Cole for one, greedy bastartd.

Fair play I'll take your word for it. I still think most people nowadays would be different to you though

Palace wants Dann for 2.5 million pounds

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfer-news-scott-2977889

who could Rovers get as his replacement tho?

I know Dann is on a fair whack - but £2.5m seems too low - especially considering we would need a replacement.

I think killgannon is more than an adequate replacement for Dann, butt we'd still need to get another centre back in as cover and/or maybe Songo'o or another one of our youngsters is ready to step up, personally I'd be glad to see the back of Dann(the worst cb we've had since Peacock and an embarrassment of a captain) my only worry is that it could disrupt the current harmony in the squad(though saying that, he doesn't seem the most popular player at the club)

Archived