BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

I must be the only person who didn't mind what Dann did too much. He probably went a bit OTT but at least it showed a bit of passionand that he cared about the result . You can just imagine someone like Schmeicel doing that in years gone by to a defender who made a horrendous rick. As long as he apologised and they sorted it out in the dressing room between them I can't see any real problem.

BTW Eastwood isn't a young lad he's 34 isn't he so he should be able to deal with it as long as he accepts it was intended in the right spirit in the heat of the moment. If he'd shoved over an 18 year old kid making his debut that might be different.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, sorry, still hardly a young kid though. Should be sorted in the dressing room after and like water of a duck's back if the overall spirit and togetherness in the team is right as hopefully it appears to be.

Shouldnt need sorting though and is the sort of thing that can damage spirit/togetherness. Add in that we have already dropped 1 keeper becasue his confidence was shot to peices and its just a stupid reaction that is uncalled for and unprofessinal. Even more so when its your captain.

Course not Abs, but it's not the same sort of situation at all. This is spur of the moment stuff in the heat of battle. It's how it was dealt with after in the dressing room after that counts imo.

When we were in the Prem it looked like you'd have to set fire to Dann to check if he were awake so like I say I don't mind seeing a bit of passion from him at all albeit it was slightly misplaced and OTT.

I've had plenty issues with Dann but im not sure selling him for a couple of million at this stage is a good idea. He's a mid table championship defender which is basically where we are, ok if money goes to a replacement but we don't want to end up with Lowe filling in there long term if Killa is out.

Hopefully it's just more bullcrap from Nixon. I wouldn't expect to see any positive stories about Rovers this month. He's probably got his agenda for January written already.

Week 1 Dann to Palace

Week 2 Dann/Hanley to Palace/ Orr back

Week 3 Rhodes to Forest/QPR

Week 4 All the above out to various destinations/ Neil impresses so much in training he's to be offered a permanent deal.

Course not Abs, but it's not the same sort of situation at all. This is spur of the moment stuff in the heat of battle. It's how it was dealt with after in the dressing room after that counts imo.

When we were in the Prem it looked like you'd have to set fire to Dann to check if he were awake so like I say I don't mind seeing a bit of passion from him at all albeit it was slightly misplaced and OTT.

Ha ha Remember Batty and Le Saux in Moscow now that was out of order.

Hopefully it's just more bullcrap from Nixon. I wouldn't expect to see any positive stories about Rovers this month. He's probably got his agenda for January written already.

Week 1 Dann to Palace

Week 2 Dann/Hanley to Palace/ Orr back

Week 3 Rhodes to Forest/QPR

Week 4 All the above out to various destinations/ Neil impresses so much in training he's to be offered a permanent deal.

100% Agree.

Column inches to fill but nowt to put in them ? Nicko's the man :)

A few months ago there were regular complaints about how we had a passionless side that lacked leaders and no one was willing to stand up and shout some instructions and get the team into line, now we have a player try to do just that and he is accused of being unprofessional.

Are you for Eddie it was not passion it was bullying and quite possibly assault . If any supervisor/ team leader does that to someone for making a mistake they should be fired . If my boss did that to me I'd ram the PC monitor right up his arse.

You can't do it !! Yes bollock him and all that but shoving someone over like he did was bang out of order.

I could drive him to Palace ;-)

I really don't get comments like this, do people actually watch games?

Dann's distributon is terrible granted, but his defending is very good, why the hell would we want to sell him and put someone else in his place thats not a regular? play off suicide.

I know Dann is on a fair whack - but £2.5m seems too low - especially considering we would need a replacement.

If we're still losing anywhere close to £2m per month, or even £1m per month, then we must take any reasonable opportunity to reduce the wage bill. £2.5m might be on the low side, but reducing our wage bill with around £100k per month and covering 1-2 months worth of losses, at a position where we have a solid replacement already in Kilgallon is certainly worth considering. He also only has 18 months left on his contract unless I'm mistaken (Got a 4 year deal when signing in 2011), so it's not like his value is going to go up as time winds down. Since our finances are the way they are, we aren't going to be able to sign him to a new deal anyway (Or even if we can, we shouldn't offer anyone that kind of wages while in the Championship). We would need a replacement, but really only as a backup. Perhaps a loan could solve it in the short term.

I think he's become a much better player than he was in his early days at the club (Or the opposition has gotten worse?) so it's not a matter of not rating him. It's just that unless the owners are going to cover all the losses (And I don't want to rely on Venky's for anything) we really need to cut costs, and this is a decent opportunity

Are you for Eddie it was not passion it was bullying and quite possibly assault . If any supervisor/ team leader does that to someone for making a mistake they should be fired . If my boss did that to me I'd ram the PC monitor right up his arse.

You can't do it !! Yes bollock him and all that but shoving someone over like he did was bang out of order.

It is not a comparable situation. He was angry and showed passion and yes perhaps it was over the top. I get the feeling that Eastwood didn't make a formal complaint somehow.

It's like when you complain that players 'moan' that they are tired. It is completely different to you going in to work a bit too tired, as if our players are any less than 100%, it gives our opponents a direct advantage.

So what do we do if Eastwood shows some anger and passion and shoves dann back and we end up in a brawl? Just a good job eastwood is a tad more professinal than dann.

If the ref see's it also, he could also have sent Dann off

Its not passion, its stupidity

Why are we comparing being in an office to playing a sport? It's totally different. I've had plenty of teammates and coaches do things to me that I would never accept from a colleague at work.

I wouldn't say that his reaction was ideal, but for months people wouldn't stop going on about how the team lacked passion, interest and leaders. What he did may not have been perfect, but at least it showed some interest.

Also, judging by the lack off comment from the club and players and the result at the weekend there appears to have been little or no fall out.

I could easily imagine us playing against a team where a defender did that and comments on here being along the lines of 'if only we had someone that cared that much' or 'just what his team needed to get them into line'.

I see sky are reporting

"Some transfer news from Germany and former Blackburn Rovers loanee Jermaine Jones is set to leave Schalke this month after requesting not to travel to a mid-season training camp with the club. Jones is out of contract at the end of the season and Schalke have granted him permission to speak to interested clubs. "

dont think we could afford him now

Archived