BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Moderation Lead

Who is this Mani lad?? Has he been reliable before?

At any rate, it sounds like he's stating the obvious.....If Kamy backs it up, I might be tempted to believe it.

Until then, he might as well be another Nicko.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Rhodes were allowed to leave for less than 15m and bear in mind that if he does leave for substantially more than the 10-12m quoted, Mani is obviously making it up as he goes along. Similarly I don't believe we're in any particular hurry to offload Dann. Whether or not the player himself is happy here I couldn't say.

As for the claims on our views on FFP, not sure why anyone would be sharing them with Mani given that he has in the past repeated similar sensitive alleged info on the m/b. Shaw certainly hasn't indicated the Club's official position is that we don't believe FFP will come in quite the opposite in fact. It's also an extremely risky position to assume it won't, someone has to have the bottle to break ranks and challenge it, then the challenge has to be successful.

Nobody knows the exact price rovers want for Rhodes but we do know, as with all players, if someone puts in a crazy bid then we'll accept it. His price has gone up from the start of the season and is probably closer to £15m now. I highly doubt any club will stump that much money up for Rhodes due to his poor hold up play and the fact he's not proven in the prem. I have my doubts whether a prem club will stump up that much cash for him in the summer either tbh and he seems to love it at Rovers so can't see him trying to force through a move at any point. He's still young so has plenty of time to realise his prem dream, enjoys playing for Rovers and earns a premier league wage so why would he be in a hurry to leave?

Dann is slightly different. He is nearly 27 and reaching the peak of his career so is probably a bit more anxious to go to a prem club asap so I imagine he might try and force through a move. Is Palace really a step up though? They may be a prem club right now but they'll be back in the championship next season and will prob be a mid table one at that.

As it stands the FFP is coming in next season so we have to make moves to try and comply with that and Shaw has to act as though it is coming in. If it only affected one or two clubs then I would agree you'd need a lot of bottle to break ranks but it's going to affect a lot of teams in a bad way so I would imagine they'll challenge it in unison.

Neither are the fans, while Robinson deserves a clip round the ear for being unprofessional.

Some daft PL club might pay £10m but Rhodes isn't worth it. Dann would be more of a loss than Rhodes.

Robinson almost died Jim!

He was confined to his bed for over a month with a blood clot on his lung, the last thing he deserves is a 'clip round the ear' and whoever told mani that, if anyone told mani that from the club, they need to have a word with themselves.

Robinson almost died Jim!

He was confined to his bed for over a month with a blood clot on his lung, the last thing he deserves is a 'clip round the ear' and whoever told mani that, if anyone told mani that from the club, they need to have a word with themselves.

Mani is another Mr Bullshit, there is a long list of them who have been on here.

the best sources of info for this website are people like Kamy, Mani, Makey11 and Glen Mullan.

if you don't believe them then don't read their info.

but they isn't any need to slag them off.

without these people this messageboard wouldn't be as good as it is.

the best sources of info for this website are people like Kamy, Mani, Makey11 and Glen Mullan.

if you don't believe them then don't read their info.

but they isn't any need to slag them off.

without these people this messageboard wouldn't be as good as it is.

I'd agree, as soon as I see that one of those has posted I want to see what they have written. Likewise Roberto Policano who,unfortunately, doesn't seem to have posted on here for a while.

So here it is...believe it or not, it's up to you but this is more or less from the horses mouth..

Rhodes CAN go for a figure ranging between £10-12m but the club do not expect or want that bid to come in January.

They ARE expecting Dann to leave for decent money to a PL club.

They aren't happy with Eastwood or Kean and Robbo is 2.5st over weight apparently.

They are trying desperately to cut the wage bill but this is motivated by the need to get rid of egos as much as financial. They do NOT expect FFP to be enforced next season as scheduled due to the fact that several clubs are looking to take out law suits due to its elitist nature and because it's wide open to immoral deals like the Man City sponsorship saga.

Like iv said before. I don't post unless it's something iv heard from someone in the club. Don't want any acclaim, I'm just a fan passing stuff on to other fans.

Not that I am having a go but I have to say the source that gave Mani this information seems suspect 1st off I don't expect rhodes to leave as he has stated he is happy here and wants to get rovers to the prem lge also in a recent interview GB stated he is not for sale but you can never say never because if Bale is worth so much & Ronaldo is worth so much GB has stated if like them as examples if rovers receive a monster bid you never know and to me 10-12m is not a monster bid I would suggest a bid of between 15-20m might get him any team that believe they can get him for 10-12m is clearly taking the proverbial and would be disappointed if he went for anything less than 20m. secondly Robbo is not 2.5st overweight I think he looks quite trim. I can understand about not being happy with Kean but I don't believe GB is unhappy with Eastwood as looking at his performances on the whole he has been good enough for this level and kept 3 clean sheets in 6 games. I can't see how GB would allow Dann to leave just like that as he has been a fairly consistent performer this year and would suggest an offer of 3.5m would get him and am not sure Dann would go to a team fighting relegation he would prob turn it down & don't think Palace would break their wage ceiling to get him.

Chaddy, Mani is quite at liberty to post whatever he likes and likewise I'm quite at liberty to state whether I believe him or not. I don't and I've stated the reasons why I don't believe him , I can't say fairer than that.

I didn't believe his claims in summer that the Club were unhappy with Rhodes attitude in training either. Those came after a couple of scoreless games, once Rhodes then went on a scoring run we heard nothing further from Mani. Now we get to another transfer window and bingo, up he pops again.

What's surprising about the fact that Rhodes could leave for 10-12m?

The price being so low.

I don't see anyone bidding 12m to be honest - perhaps Sherwood if he starts getting twitchy...

It is the January sales though and the lower premiership clubs do get desperate and pay over the odds. Would Rhodes want to move to a premier league club right now? He is still learning as a player, he's come a long way in a short space of time and has scored goals constantly in every league. Can he develop his game more? Cole did at united, but then lost some of his poachers instinct.

It'd be interesting to see how he does in the premier league, who knows it may hopefully be with Rovers.

So here it is...believe it or not, it's up to you but this is more or less from the horses mouth..

Rhodes CAN go for a figure ranging between £10-12m but the club do not expect or want that bid to come in January.

They ARE expecting Dann to leave for decent money to a PL club.

They aren't happy with Eastwood or Kean and Robbo is 2.5st over weight apparently.

They are trying desperately to cut the wage bill but this is motivated by the need to get rid of egos as much as financial. They do NOT expect FFP to be enforced next season as scheduled due to the fact that several clubs are looking to take out law suits due to its elitist nature and because it's wide open to immoral deals like the Man City sponsorship saga.

Like iv said before. I don't post unless it's something iv heard from someone in the club. Don't want any acclaim, I'm just a fan passing stuff on to other fans.

Here's whereyou lose any crdibility in my mind. 10-12 mill? Surely that should read 10mill

Ha ha you guys make me laugh. Those who know me know that I am not the type to lie on here. I don't often post on here because I don't feel the need to. I do read a bit and genuinely I can say that unless I say it's my opinion then it is something said by someone who works very close to the players and staff.

Tbh I don't know why I bother. I only post because when I hear it the info excites me as a fan and I think that" I would want to know".

I do not want ANY attention and would be happy for people to take what they want and leave the rest.

Please stop picking the bones out of everything...the convos are throw away...

The moan was re the standard of goalkeeper at the club..Kean and Eastwood not good enough and the best keeper we have came back 2.5st over weight...it MAY be that Robbo is on his way to fighting fit and losing weight by the day..I DONT KNOW.

The other stuff is self explanatory and true (as in was said by someone in the club)

Final point...quite often the reason for the info being diluted a little is to protect the people involved. This makes me look cagey but I'm really not...I could say more, lots more but I thought you'd all want to know something which isn't rumour or made up like some of the other stuff.

I could say more, lots more but I thought you'd all want to know something which isn't rumour or made up like some of the other stuff.

I think you'd be better served protecting your source and keeping your council a bit.

We all like to hear juicy gossip, and have the inside track, but rumours are usually destructive and can have quite a negative impact on the club - and on Bowyer since the 'leaks' are happening on his watch.

Your 2.5 stone quickly becomes 'fact' on a mb despite you admitting you don't know that as a fact.

You carry on mate.

I'm interested and I'm sure plenty others are.

Thanks.

I don't think any of what I wrote was particularly ground breaking or scandalous...but it is true!

I think you'd be better served protecting your source and keeping your council a bit.

We all like to hear juicy gossip, and have the inside track, but rumours are usually destructive and can have quite a negative impact on the club - and on Bowyer since the 'leaks' are happening on his watch.

Your 2.5 stone quickly becomes 'fact' on a mb despite you admitting you don't know that as a fact.

Good advice that...and a fair point mate.

Neither do I believe much else of what he posted Chaddy, if I had a source of genuine inside info I'm sure he wouldn't expect me to promptly go plastering it all over an internet messageboard, and would expect me to maintain a certain degree of confidentiality.

Rhodes can allegedly leave for 10-12m but the Club don't want or expect any bids? Well the best way to ensure a bid is to leak it to someone who will run straight on to a m/b and announce that he is in fact available and what we would accept.

Don't believe a word of it.

Tbf Revidge this has struck the biggest chord with me because you're right. I suppose I am taking a risk by passing some of the info on and it's one I don't need to take.

I respect your opinion as a Rovers fan. Shame the way iv come across has rubbed so many up the wrong way.

Problem is that I bloody type most of it like an excited kid!! Ha ha

One thing I would say is that far to many people rubbish stuff which doesn't quite fit with what they believe...they are all just normal guys you know? They say stuff freely...if a player comes back overweight, it gets said. If a player is likely to move on then they talk...etc etc

Tbf Revidge this has struck the biggest chord with me because you're right. I suppose I am taking a risk by passing some of the info on and it's one I don't need to take.

I respect your opinion as a Rovers fan. Shame the way iv come across has rubbed so many up the wrong way.

Problem is that I bloody type most of it like an excited kid!! Ha ha

One thing I would say is that far to many people rubbish stuff which doesn't quite fit with what they believe...they are all just normal guys you know? They say stuff freely...if a player comes back overweight, it gets said. If a player is likely to move on then they talk...etc etc

I quite enjoy your posts and as long as you are not betraying the confidence of your source then keep posting. I would certainly put more stock on what you write than some of the people who earn a living from journalism. And you might just rub a few of the ITKers on here whose sources seem to have dried up.

This is fine in the right context but when fans get hold of it, some of them can use this to undermine the manager. Or cause fans to turn against one another.

What is a throwaway comment in the club's inner sanctum is added to a list of facts. "Why the hell are Bowyer and his staff selecting Robbo if he's 2.5 stone overweight?". Heated debate ensues resulting in Bowyer-bashing, or even Mani-bashing as people look to discredit you or your source.

Fair play to you sticking your head above the parapet but just remember that makes to a target for snipers.

Knowing who Mani sources of info are and knowing Mani , he wouldn't post it , unless he had heard it first hand.

It's a discussion board and he has thrown it out there to be discussed .

Rhodes is like any other player we have had down the years , if the price is right inevitably he will be sold.

There is not much that can be added to that , the club ain't actively trying to sell him , the player ain't actively looking for a move and the owners would more than likely like to see a cheque double of what they paid before they would even entertain a conversation on his future .

The premier league is still the only way out of this for Rovers in terms of stopping the massive weekly losses , losing the one player who scores freely is not something the club would want to entertain whilst genuine hope of promotion is still alive this season .

Archived