BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

Mani you don't have to defend what you post, in fact its probably better if you don't, just let the info speak for itself.

We all know Rhodes will be sold if the price is right, the manager has told us that several times in interview. I don't believe anyone at the club will be having a pop at Robo after what he's just gone through though, maybe just stating a fact not really having a pop.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf Revidge this has struck the biggest chord with me because you're right. I suppose I am taking a risk by passing some of the info on and it's one I don't need to take.

I respect your opinion as a Rovers fan. Shame the way iv come across has rubbed so many up the wrong way.

Problem is that I bloody type most of it like an excited kid!! Ha ha

One thing I would say is that far to many people rubbish stuff which doesn't quite fit with what they believe...they are all just normal guys you know? They say stuff freely...if a player comes back overweight, it gets said. If a player is likely to move on then they talk...etc etc

It's ok with me. I thought that was what a message board was for i.e. the excited kid bit. I still worry about journo's and agents reading this and having some advantage over Rovers, but I am sure they have other ways of getting the information.

Venky's said we don't have to sell JR. So...if they do and for a paltry ( should it be poultry?.) sum, they will lose whatever credibility they have left,

Nahki Wells. Pretty sure this isn't us considering we have to sell to buy.

http://www.football365.com/blackburn-rovers/9102843/-?

This is the problem with how the window works. Prospects like this guy move early in the window, then we get a 10 million offer for Rhodes towards the end of the window and we may have a problem.

Shaun Hutchinson from Motherwell (100k) out of contract in the summer.

A player we could get and loan out to league one so he could get up to speed and potentially make a profit on in the future or become an excellent understudy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Hutchinson

Would also like 17 year old John Soutter from Dundee Utd but think he will end up with a premiership team.

Heard a few things today:

Dann to Palace is pretty much signed and ready to go. Expect it to happen in the next few days. Fee around 3m. Rovers are looking at BUYING (not a freebee or a loan) a replacement.

Best is demanding 4m to leave the club by contract termination. Bowyer wants rid, owners back him, trying frantically to sell even on a free.

3m seems a bit low for Dann.... 5m more his value imo

Daft to sell him for less than 4/5 mill really. At least we could replace him then get one or two paid off therefore reducing the wage bill quite a bit.

Is that Scott Dann on the move I see....

Thanks, Glen, Chaddy and Makey appreciate the vote of confidence!! Find it hard bring called a liar because I HATE liars!!

Dann will likely go because £3m is good money especially when you add another £1m in wages til the end of the season. Plus, Kilgallon was signed to replace Dann as he was expected to go in the summer. There's no issues, he is a great pro bit the deal is right for all concerned (I'm their eyes)

Iv said it before and I'll say it again..just because it doesn't make sense to you personally it doesn't mean it isn't true...

What's surprising about the fact that Rhodes could leave for 10-12m?

Eddie what is surprising is rhodes would never go for as little as 10-12m as Bowyer said it would take a monster bid & has been discussed the bare minimum the owners would accept is 16m

Knowing who Mani sources of info are and knowing Mani , he wouldn't post it , unless he had heard it first hand.

It's a discussion board and he has thrown it out there to be discussed .

Rhodes is like any other player we have had down the years , if the price is right inevitably he will be sold.

There is not much that can be added to that , the club ain't actively trying to sell him , the player ain't actively looking for a move and the owners would more than likely like to see a cheque double of what they paid before they would even entertain a conversation on his future .

The premier league is still the only way out of this for Rovers in terms of stopping the massive weekly losses , losing the one player who scores freely is not something the club would want to entertain whilst genuine hope of promotion is still alive this season .

glen not that I am doubting your sources or how genuine Mani is but your above post sums up why stuff that is put out there is open to interpretation when Mani posted first he quoted a figure of 10-12 million would get him and in your above post you state the owners would want a cheque double of what we paid for him so minimum would be 16million and given GB stated in a recent interview it would take a monster bid to get Rhodes & 10-12m is in no way a monster bid. Good to hear they would not accept less than 16Million. I hope you and the family are well & had a good new year,

Where has that other bullshit man gone, the one who claimed to be in the know how with Venkys, rover something he was called.

rovers_786 ads I believe he was banned.

Shame if Dann leaves. I've not seen enough of Kilgallon to think he's adequate replacement nor that Songo'o is suitable backup. I guess the funds for Dann would not be made available to GB to source a replacement/backup?

I saw Rochina leave shortly after the Manchester City game finished, driving his flashy white Range Rover through the crowds heading towards the M65 junction. Is this normal practice for a player who has not played in the match? Driving through crowds at walking pace, I guess he must of been frustrated? Get the feeling he's off whenever an offer comes in.

Archived