BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

I could defo see Rochina leaving for sure. dont see him playing much tbh now.

Dawson is a good shout for Dann replacement. Bolton are interested in him aswell.

do we not need a permanent replacement not just a loan signing.

Trouble with a loan is if we are hit with a transfer embargo due to FFP then we will be short next year

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko is spot on with the Dann story. I didn't initially believe it but over last day or so it is become more and more apparent that there is a deal to be done RE Dann and that it is moving very quickly. Speculation at present because I haven't had it verified but it looks a deal worth an initial £3 million with substantial add on's if Palace stay up is on the cards. Crucially, it looks like Dann would be very interested in joining them. Pulis tried to sign him few years ago at Stoke so has a long standing interest in him. This is one that I can see happening.

I would be disappointed as Dann and Hanley have done well as a partnership over the last year or so. Kilgallon is a good defender, but after that the cover is very poor. So we would need to bring someone in.

Naturally I hope Dann stays, but I do feel if he goes he will be exposed by Premier League strikers.

Lets not forget he was poor the year we went down, and has been relegated before with Birmingham. Going to Palace gives no guarantees of sustained top flight football.

If I was Dann, I'd stay put until the end of the season, see where we end up and act accordingly. If he continues his good form then why not aim to join an established club like a Stoke or Swansea?

Guest Norbert

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he moves to Palace, they go down, whilst we get promoted. This move is a gamble for all concerned.

If Dann goes its a huge blow to our hopes of promotion. I really cant see the logic behind it

Couldn't agree more, selling the captain and expecting promotion just doesn't add up to me, but thats why I'm not the manager i guess.

Maybe Bowyer thinks 3m could be better spent on other areas of the side, whilst brining in Kilgallon as a readymade replacement, but it could be play off suicide, time will tell.

Couldn't agree more, selling the captain and expecting promotion just doesn't add up to me, but thats why I'm not the manager i guess.

Maybe Bowyer thinks 3m could be better spent on other areas of the side, whilst brining in Kilgallon as a readymade replacement, but it could be play off suicide, time will tell.

Its not so much i dont think Killgallon could be an ok replacement as he looks fairly decent at this level tho not as good as dann, its the ripple effect that worries me. We have been lucky with injuries/suspension to our CB's this year with dann/hanley barely missing a game, but if Dann goes we are that much closer to songo or marrow playing CB and that is a real worry. Dann wont lose value, just keep him and tell him he can leave in he summer when we know what league we are in

Its not so much i dont think Killgallon could be an ok replacement as he looks fairly decent at this level tho not as good as dann, its the ripple effect that worries me. We have been lucky with injuries/suspension to our CB's this year with dann/hanley barely missing a game, but if Dann goes we are that much closer to songo or marrow playing CB and that is a real worry. Dann wont lose value, just keep him and tell him he can leave in he summer when we know what league we are in

He's also the captain FG which shouldn't be under estimated, we're not exactly blessed with leaders in the current side.

He's also the captain FG which shouldn't be under estimated, we're not exactly blessed with leaders in the current side.

If this was rhodes and its 15million you can almost understand as the cash is huge, but to hit us hard for 3 million which doesnt really dent the debt, for the sake of making him wait 5 months to leave....well I just dont get it

Hard to see who could replace him either. I suppose Hanley's the only real candidate but it shows how thin on the ground we are when it comes to experience.

I think the role of captain on the pitch is a bit overstated these days. The club captain I guess can do more if he takes the role seriously and cares about the club. With that in mind I'd probably make dunny club captain and not really worry about who wears the armband on match days.

On the one hand, the prospect of him leaving fills me with the fear of having to find somebody else who can misplace passes so often or push over a young goalkeeper for an honest mistake.

On the other, he's a leader and a very good tackler and we appear to be a better team with him as it stands. He also seems to care about the cause and would rupture a nut for the team.

As far as £3mil goes, that's a lot to spend on a Championship backline reinforcement, and the wage bill would reduce significantly (I would imagine, but don't know). I just can't help thinking Summer would be a better time for his departure, if it was to come. I'd rather keep but it wouldn't be a tragedy.

Arguably one of only three leaders in the entire squad - himself, Dunn and Robinson. And the other two are injury prone and far from fitness....

Selling him would give us some severe leadership issues.

Robinson isn't a leader by all accounts, quite the opposite apparently.

On the one hand, the prospect of him leaving fills me with the fear of having to find somebody else who can misplace passes so often or push over a young goalkeeper for an honest mistake.

On the other, he's a leader and a very good tackler and we appear to be a better team with him as it stands. He also seems to care about the cause and would rupture a nut for the team.

As far as £3mil goes, that's a lot to spend on a Championship backline reinforcement, and the wage bill would reduce significantly (I would imagine, but don't know). I just can't help thinking Summer would be a better time for his departure, if it was to come. I'd rather keep but it wouldn't be a tragedy.

Quite!

I would expect Bowyer to have planned a solution for this eventuality...But I on't think £3 million is enough from a desperate Premier League side.. Also, add ons are a huge risk...look at Jones and those Utd add ons that never materialised.

Archived