BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

Songo is not that man. From his performances at Carlisle and in the reserves he is simply not good enough, and for me Gary Bowyer's biggest (possibly only) transfer cock-up.

I'd put Marrow and Judge in that category also as they are looking like failures so far.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm grateful for the nice comments you made about me previously but think you're getting a bit overexcitable there, just because it's appeared in a tabloid doesn't mean it's happening either. The move at 3m to me makes no sense at all, I don't think it's good money at all, I think it's terrible money given what we paid for him and the partnership he has struck up with Hanley. However I do think we overpaid for him so if someone offered us the 8m we allegedly paid for him I'd sell.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, if he goes for 3m you were right, if not or if he goes for a lot more you weren't but I'll be the first to acknowledge if you're right.

I'll have a pint on him not going anywhere at all this month Ricky!

Ha ha please read back sir, I never put a fee on Dann going I said he WOULD be allowed to go.

Trust me we never paid £8m for Dann. The fee was reported at £6m and we've not even paid that tbh. The £6m was based on loads of add-ons including playing for England and us getting into Europe..I reckon £3m will prob get our money back!

For what it's worth I wouldn't sell him but I'll be shocked if we don't!

I was hoping that the less used players would leave first but I guess there are not many people interested in them...

Dann leaving is not a good sign but it is probably the only way to get some money.

Maybe Boyata on loan is a possibility... Or maybe O'Connell or O'Connor can be called back from loan...

The list of players that should leave is huge: Marcus Olsson, Etuhu, Nunes, Best, DJ Campbell, Orr, Morris...

I was hoping that the less used players would leave first but I guess there are not many people interested in them...

Dann leaving is not a good sign but it is probably the only way to get some money.

Maybe Boyata on loan is a possibility... Or maybe O'Connell or O'Connor can be called back from loan...

The list of players that should leave is huge: Marcus Olsson, Etuhu, Nunes, Best, DJ Campbell, Orr, Morris...

Given that he's probably on a pittance, I woudn't mind persevering with Morris. Thought he looked ok going forward after a very shakey first few matches.

Agree with the rest though. It's frightening to see how much well paid deadwood there is given how many that we've already moved on.

Given that he's probably on a pittance, I woudn't mind persevering with Morris. Thought he looked ok going forward after a very shakey first few matches.

Agree with the rest though. It's frightening to see how much well paid deadwood there is given how many that we've already moved on.

He is way way down the pecking order now with all the midfielders we now have. I agree he looked ok, but we'd need a big injury list for him to get a game now. That said we dont really have cover for spurr if killgallon replaces dann if sold. So he may need to stay as a makeshift left back

Ha ha please read back sir, I never put a fee on Dann going I said he WOULD be allowed to go.

Trust me we never paid £8m for Dann. The fee was reported at £6m and we've not even paid that tbh. The £6m was based on loads of add-ons including playing for England and us getting into Europe..I reckon £3m will prob get our money back!

For what it's worth I wouldn't sell him but I'll be shocked if we don't!

I could have sworn Skysports reported the fee for Dann as being 8m all day on the day he was signed but you're right in so far as his wiki page says the fee was officially undisclosed but reported by BBC sport as 6m.

One thing I hadn't previously considered is that this summer he'll be exactly half way through his 4 year contract with two years left to run. That means after the summer his value will start to decline unless he signs a new deal and that is unlikely as he won't want to sign a new deal on less than he is now and we won't want to give him a new deal on similar money unless we're promoted.

That still gravitates towards him being sold in the summer rather than now and risking derailing the second half of the season imo.

I recall when we signed him there were a number of people posting that the fee was nowhere near what it had been reported to and that the rumoured high fee suited all parties. Look back through transfer threads and I think you'll find quite a lot of comments on the subject.

Ive got to be honest, I have never much liked Dann as a person or as a footballer. Ive obviously no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was deemed to be one of the few remaining bad eggs and Bowyer wanted rid.

I'd be surprised if that was the case considering Bowyer has done everything he can to get the bad eggs out the club or at least away from the first team, it would be strange that he kept one on as captain.

• Backroom

I recall when we signed him there were a number of people posting that the fee was nowhere near what it had been reported to and that the rumoured high fee suited all parties. Look back through transfer threads and I think you'll find quite a lot of comments on the subject.

I remember glen and or Kamy saying it was on the drip and not much up front

For all his bluster and muck raking the one thing Nicko seems to know about is contracts. I seem to remember at the time he said about 1 mill down for Dann and an unbelievable amount of add ons clauses that were unlikely to be reached. Brum were also desperate to off load him AND he was carrying an injury.

Savio, I read it the first time around. I'm sure the owners would like to double the money they spent on all of their signings, it doesn't mean they will.

I'll have a wager with you right now that he doesn't go for £15-£16m and goes for between 10 and 12 mil.

Ricky I'll wager you a pint if he does go it will be for a minimum 15m however saying that I'm with Rev I highly doubt anyone will meet his valuation.

I'm grateful for the nice comments you made about me previously but think you're getting a bit overexcitable there, just because it's appeared in a tabloid doesn't mean it's happening either. The move at 3m to me makes no sense at all, I don't think it's good money at all, I think it's terrible money given what we paid for him and the partnership he has struck up with Hanley. However I do think we overpaid for him so if someone offered us the 8m we allegedly paid for him I'd sell.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, if he goes for 3m you were right, if not or if he goes for a lot more you weren't but I'll be the first to acknowledge if you're right.

I'll have a pint on him not going anywhere at all this month Ricky!

Savio - you would urge the protests to start again if Rhodes was sold for £12m? Seems extreme

I'm with Rev I don't expect him to leave at all, he's worth more to us as a player than his actual market worth therefore nobody likely to offer the amount required

Sorry Tom it may seem extreme but unless it was for 15m you couldn't really blame anyone and Venkys would lose all credibility in everyone's eyes given what has been said I'm hoping like Rev he goes nowhere it may seem extreme but I would back Glen & the rest of the AG if they did protest as 12m is far to little and supporters would be rightly hacked off and given that it is January the transfer fee is always inflated and for 15m that is already a bargain price.

I would be surprised if Campbell goes now. Bowyer has backed him and he has performed well at Leeds and City.

I would be surprised if Campbell goes now. Bowyer has backed him and he has performed well at Leeds and City.

Plus nobody is going to sign a player that could be facing a lengthy ban if found guilty at some point

Archived