BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

Guys I'll tell you exactly why we signed Marrow, Judge etc early this season...

GB and the coaching staff wanted to change the mentality around the club which they saw as the major reason why talented players were underperforming..this involves a Mahoosive turnover of players (basically getting rid of loads and bringing loads in)

The initial signings all had one thing in common...one or more of the core coaching staff knew them and / or had worked with them. These players were brought in as decent players with magnificent attitudes...you turn the majority into the minority and vice versa..

The ethos at the club is about caring for what the club stands for...hence why Lowe is so lauded by GB.

The clear out continues and "they" are in the minority now which is why the mood and work ethic has changed.

Good point, even if they are not near the first team these types turn up and bust a gut in training everyday. Not just to try and impress the manager but also just because that's the type of characters they are and it helps create the hardworking atmosphere. Shrewd stuff by the staff pity some people just can't grasp what's going on. Contrast that to the holiday camp style mentality created by the invertebrate Kean and his payday signings.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB and the coaching staff wanted to change the mentality around the club which they saw as the major reason why talented players were underperforming..this involves a Mahoosive turnover of players (basically getting rid of loads and bringing loads in)

The initial signings all had one thing in common...one or more of the core coaching staff knew them and / or had worked with them. These players were brought in as decent players with magnificent attitudes...you turn the majority into the minority and vice versa..

The ethos at the club is about caring for what the club stands for...hence why Lowe is so lauded by GB.

The clear out continues and "they" are in the minority now which is why the mood and work ethic has changed.

So has GB identified any other targets that will improve the team other than the two that have just signed ?

Not sure Marrow is known for his magnificent attitude. What he does bring though is fun to the dressing room (has anyone watched the corner challenge. He basically runs out in his undies and slides down the Brockhall hill after taking Taylors corner).

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8968244/two-footed-corner-challenge-blackburn

I agree we need some creativity, but to say he's not been given a chance? come on Al he's been here for 3yrs and still doesn't know when to pick a pass.

Been here for 3 years but never been given a run in the team. He has never had a chance.

If he was good enough he'd get a proper run in the side.

The only stat we need to know is that he's been here for 3yrs, had a loan spell at Zaragoza, and hasn't made the grade at either club, get rid.

Don't need stats I attend and have eyes.

So has GB identified any other targets that will improve the team other than the two that have just signed ?

I don't think they'll move for anyone else but I don't know...

If Dann goes then maybe a CB but I do know that Kilgallon was signed to replace Dann in the summer so they may look to promote him and buy some competition / an understudy on less wages.

One area that is interesting is the goalkeeper situ...Robbo is the only one they rate but they want rid of his wages. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new man between the sticks!!

Other than that, even if Rochina, Best and Etuhu go (please god) then I wouldn't expect replacements..

One other interesting point ..they are apparently "crying" out for some experience on the pitch" so I guess we can expect older heads should any signings be made..

Been here for 3 years but never been given a run in the team. He has never had a chance.

The stat remark was to Topman, calm down a bit.

The 'never had a chance' remark is rubbish, he's played over 50 times for the club and is out of his depth, get rid.

How many years are we meant to employ him with barely negligible contributions? Why do you think he has never been given a run in the team? Because he is amazing, irreplaceable and worth his weight in gold, or because he has proven to be unreliable, greedy, self centred and seemingly brain dead?

Our worst team for years and he still can't get a game. Barca practise 2 touch, not 22 touch.

How many years are we meant to employ him with barely negligible contributions? Why do you think he has never been given a run in the team? Because he is amazing, irreplaceable and worth his weight in gold, or because he has proven to be unreliable, greedy, self centred and seemingly brain dead

Our worst team for years and he still can't get a game. Barca practise 2 touch, not 22 touch.

No Idea. Face obviously does not fit. How DJ can be played before him baffles me.

If he was good enough he'd get a proper run in the side.

The only stat we need to know is that he's been here for 3yrs, had a loan spell at Zaragoza, and hasn't made the grade at either club, get rid.

In three years under messieurs Kean, Berg & Appleton, you mean? None of them were equipped to handle a player like Rochina and shape him into a proper player. Bowyer wouldn't be exempt from that, either.

I'd be averse to losing Ruben, as he's a genuinely gifted player and the type of crowd-pleaser sorely missing in Rovers' humble squad. If Bowyer wants reinforcements and has to sell before he buys then Rochina is one of the few sellable assets we have. Probably the best outcome concerned for both parties if he's not going to get a look in.

No Idea. Face obviously does not fit. How DJ can be played before him baffles me.

Simple really...he gets paid too much for what he does and the club can't afford that.

They have to cut their cloth accordingly and your top wage earners need to be first team "must haves" to be financially viable...do Leicester or any of the teams in the top 6 (other than QPR who are gambling this season) have Rochina-esque wages on their bench? No

So they want him out.

In three years under messieurs Kean, Berg & Appleton, you mean? None of them were equipped to handle a player like Rochina and shape him into a proper player. Bowyer wouldn't be exempt from that, either.

I'd be averse to losing Ruben, as he's a genuinely gifted player and the type of crowd-pleaser sorely missing in Rovers' humble squad. If Bowyer wants reinforcements and has to sell before he buys then Rochina is one of the few sellable assets we have. Probably the best outcome concerned for both parties if he's not going to get a look in.

I keep reading about Rochina being a 'crowd pleaser'. I can only recall very few moments when he has done such a thing. Now if he was described as a crowd frustrator then that would be far more apt.

• Backroom

The way it goes is usually the team aren't creating much so the crowd chant for Rochina, he eventually comes on and gives the ball away then does a step over and falls over and the crowd remember why he wasn't on - until the next week.

He has moments of real quality but they are rare compared to the amount of times he messes up an attack with his flamboyance

He was pretty terrible against Birmingham when he started

Decent 'match of the day' player though

I don't think they'll move for anyone else but I don't know...

If Dann goes then maybe a CB but I do know that Kilgallon was signed to replace Dann in the summer so they may look to promote him and buy some competition / an understudy on less wages.

One area that is interesting is the goalkeeper situ...Robbo is the only one they rate but they want rid of his wages. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new man between the sticks!!

Other than that, even if Rochina, Best and Etuhu go (please god) then I wouldn't expect replacements..

One other interesting point ..they are apparently "crying" out for some experience on the pitch" so I guess we can expect older heads should any signings be made..

Cheers Mani regarding Paul Robinson if he has a positive effect on the pitch and in the dressing room then the money hes on must surely be immaterial.

If Rochina is on such huge wages as are being alleged, how on earth are Boro going to afford him?

Or is he prepared to take a massive wage cut to get regular football?

I'm with Al on this one, big loss if he goes and there's a list of players as long as your arm we could do with being rid of before him.

Cheers Mani regarding Paul Robinson if he has a positive effect on the pitch and in the dressing room then the money hes on must surely be immaterial.

Yeah 100%...he's without a doubt the best keeper at the club and very experienced BUT his wages are astronomical. I think he'll stay in the main because no one is likely to take the risk on his fitness.

Robbo could actually be a big player for is but SHOULD he go then they'll defo look for a replacement.

• Backroom

Rochina is most highly rated when he's injured. He had a decent first half against Derby on the opening day before going off but thats about it over the last year or two. I don't think I've seen him win too many games for us, certainly not in the Championship. A bit too much of a luxury.

I don't think he was that good against Derby I remember him missing a sitter and then shooting about 5 times when a pass was on and didn't test the keeper once

Sure he was involved a lot but did nothing with it, when it comes off for him its usually superb its just too infrequent

How many times do we hear this about Jordan in the transfer windows?

Not concerned.

Until Kamy comes on and confirms it. Or Chaddy comes on to confirm that Kamy confimed it on Twitter.

At which point the board will go into meltdown.

Bafetimbi Boubacar ‏@BafetimbiBou 58m

Hearing reports in the last few minutes that a prem team has made a move for Jordan Rhodes, making calls now

this guy is a Journalist, who worked for columns in FourFourTwo and OnTheBall,

The guys been on Twitter for 2 days by the looks and has just 40 followers. Use your loaf Chaddy :).

Archived