BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

On Neil leaving, whilst he's perfectly entitled to run his contract down to maximise his earnings, my recollection of it was that far from doing the honourable thing and informing us in advance that he was leaving, he said absolutely nothing about his intentions, leaving us hanging on thinking he might sign a new deal, then of course wouldn't when push came to shove.

Partly the Club's fault as we should have fired him off down the road for some sort of fee long before it reached that point.

He told Rovers early in the season he wouldn't be signing. He actually left in January rather than wait until the ed of the season.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/1052216.Hughes_warns_rivals_over_restless_Neill/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ings will leave for more money than you'll ever get for Rhodes, he's a far better player.

Back under the bridge troll. If you can't see the bias in what your saying, then you truly are as blind and stupid as the rest if your six fingered family affair.

Ings will leave for more money than you'll ever get for Rhodes, he's a far better player.

I needed a really good laugh today and lo and behold there it is LOL. You can still always rely on the Dingles for comedy gold !

He told Rovers early in the season he wouldn't be signing. He actually left in January rather than wait until the ed of the season.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/1052216.Hughes_warns_rivals_over_restless_Neill/

Yeah, that article is as I recall it. There'd been a deal on the table for Neil for ages but he wouldn't sign it. I'm sure he never said he was leaving either though. Hughes bent over backwards for the greedy so and so even making him Club skipper. However by the January before his contract ran out it must have become apparent even to us that he wouldn't sign a new deal so we had no option but to sell him for a cut price 800k in January rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season. If he'd signed a contract at any point, it wouldn't have had any bearing whatsoever on his eventual destination but we'd have picked up a decent fee.

We've never had another player of any significance do that and I hope it's a while before we see it again.

Back under the bridge troll. If you can't see the bias in what your saying, then you truly are as blind and stupid as the rest if your six fingered family affair.

Ings scores as many goals, he’s younger, he’s yards faster, he’s better on the ball, he’s got quicker feet, he tracks back and links up play.

That’s why Ings will sign for Liverpool or Southampton and Rhodes will sign for Palace or Forest.

He cost £7m less and he’s loads better, just deal with it.

Ings scores as many goals, he’s younger, he’s yards faster, he’s better on the ball, he’s got quicker feet, he tracks back and links up play.

That’s why Ings will sign for Liverpool or Southampton and Rhodes will sign for Palace or Forest.

It's his first season in double figures, whereas Rhodes has been prolific for about 4 seasons now. Plenty of players have had half a good season or even a season where they have scored goals, the question about Ings is can he continue his form for the whole season and beyond that.

I'd be quite happy to see Lucas back here on a short term deal if Dann left. He's experienced, can play a variety of positions - something which Gary wants in players - and with him hoping to be playing in the World Cup it would be in his best interests to be as involved as much as possible at first team level. He would provide some on field leadership which is no bad thing. Personally, I can't see a problem with him returning to Ewood as I had no problems when he opted to leave. He went for more money - and so have more players than I care to remember over the past 50 years or so at Ewood. Maximising your earning potential is pretty normal behaviour I would have thought.

He's a greedy bum who is way way past his best and his opinion of himself is way beyond his station. No not the words of me a rovers fan but taken from an Aussie football site posting. West Ham fans were non plussed with him after a while either and he ain't popular down under hence why he's probably crawled back over here looking for another payday. Over the hill and a massive step in the wrong direction after all the lessons of recent years, send him packing. Maybe he could do a job for Stanley or even Chorley.

Yeah, that article is as I recall it. There'd been a deal on the table for Neil for ages but he wouldn't sign it. I'm sure he never said he was leaving either though. Hughes bent over backwards for the greedy so and so even making him Club skipper. However by the January before his contract ran out it must have become apparent even to us that he wouldn't sign a new deal so we had no option but to sell him for a cut price 800k in January rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season. If he'd signed a contract at any point, it wouldn't have had any bearing whatsoever on his eventual destination but we'd have picked up a decent fee.

We've never had another player of any significance do that and I hope it's a while before we see it again.

I suppose all this is academic really because there's no way we should be signing him anyway at this stage of this career.

I don't know anything about Ings other than the odd clip on TV and can't remember much about him from the last Derby so can't compare but despite all you say I reckon Rhodes is currently worth more. Just because he's higher profile and has more of a track record. Not to say that might not be totally different in 12 months and is not a reflection of their abilities but if they both moved now we would get more for Rhodes. Personally can't see Rhodes moving though this window.

• Moderation Lead

A bit early to be making that comparison after half a season, compared to JR's several seasons!!

Mani, you said earlier that we signed Kilgallon as Dann's replacement but it back fired as we didn't sell Dann. You then go onto say you think we'll sign neill as Dann's replacement if he goes......

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Stop winding people up you're worse than Mercerman.

Would be Danny Murphy mark 2 if he signed.

I'm not winding anyone up mate...that was me just putting 2 and 2 together..an opinion based on me knowing that they'd like some experience.

He is a friend of Short though and I know that they talk about re-creating the mentality of that team that came back up a few years ago...

These are just opinions like anyone else's...but I can see how Neill might fit in this scenario should Dann go...why not??

Mani, you said earlier that we signed Kilgallon as Dann's replacement but it back fired as we didn't sell Dann. You then go onto say you think we'll sign neill as Dann's replacement if he goes......

Yes I can...

Kilgallon was Danns replacement in the summer but they also thought Songo might kick on. I actually don't know if they'll replace Dann should he go...I was just sum missing that Neill might be an option if they did. Make any sense?

Yes I can...

Kilgallon was Danns replacement in the summer but they also thought Songo might kick on. I actually don't know if they'll replace Dann should he go...I was just sum missing that Neill might be an option if they did. Make any sense?

Archived