BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

I think a couple of members of this MB have said Leeds and Brighton might be interest in him. let him go on a free transfer i would.

Yeah, sounds like the kind of thing Yoda would come out with.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to go out on a limb here and I hope this comes back to bite me in the arse... this is just my opinion...

Rochina is entertaining here and there but generally garbage. As far as the team goes I don't want him playing. I only ever see him thinking he's Ronaldo and doing some embarrassing trick that achieves nothing or falling over after failing to pass at the right time. I'd rather have Judge playing than Rochina. At least Judge is more of a team player and has been more effective in his cameo appearances than Rochina.

I seriously think if Rochina had come from Ponferradina or Tenerife he'd be nowhere near as highly rated on here. I think there's a huge "he used to play for Barca!" influence going on.

Rochina has been here for three years. It may be that he'll turn a corner and start living up to his supposed reputation but I doubt (although hope) that will happen. Every time I hear about him it seems as though fans think we signed him a couple of weeks ago and he's just about match fit. I think it's time for both Rovers and Rochina to part ways. As Tyrone said, loaning him to a club in the same league is never a great idea as sod's law says he's bound to produce the goods but I do think we need to ship him out and forget about him.

Rochina is a shame. Possibly our most skillfull player and that skill is no doubtnwhy he was at Barcelona. Sadly he lacks a footballing brain so we never realisebthe benefits of that skill. That is why he is not at Barcelona and is likely to not be here either. You cant really coach decision making into a player you either have it or you dont. Shame for us Ruben may never get it.

Rochina is a shame. Possibly our most skillfull player and that skill is no doubtnwhy he was at Barcelona. Sadly he lacks a footballing brain so we never realisebthe benefits of that skill. That is why he is not at Barcelona and is likely to not be here either. You cant really coach decision making into a player you either have it or you dont. Shame for us Ruben may never get it.

Rochina has more talent than the rest of the team put together. All he needs is patience and coaching and a place in the team. We are obviously not prepared to do that for him and are set to miss out on a brilliant player.

I can see the benefit in that, pity he felt the need to be honest Maj, especially when money could have been better spent elsewhere.

I don't disagree and posted something very similiar to what i have above about them. But he finished 2nd in the league one player of the year according to the mob.

when we signed Judge, Taylor, Eastwood I think Bowyer had no money to spend at that time. so he got some free transfers in.

Plus Judge has told Bowyer in the couple of weeks that he wanted more football and starting more. Bowyer couldn't offer him this but agree to let him go. fair play to Judge for wanting to play football and not just pick up a wage sat on the bench or not even on bench like some players do

Bowyer four cash buys have looked either decent in Gestede and Evans or Good in Marshall or Taylor.

I reckon Rochina will be off this transfer window permanent IMO cos he doesn't seem happy on bench and Bowyer doesn't see to want start him or have confidence in him.

Also reckon Best, Goodwillie, Olsson, either Kean or Eastwood out on loan, and few other players aswell will leave.

we need a centre back in if Dann goes to Palace.

Palace transfer target Scott Dann must agree TWO pay-cuts to make move

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfers-scott-dann-3001463#ixzz2pqiAbxNj

Also seen on twitter today that Rhodes has been linked with QPR, Celtic and Sunderland. doubt he would go to any of them.

Taylor linked with Blackpool aswell.

some crazy Twitter rumours on there

We bid £1m for Murphy before signing Marrow et al, so we had money. Google is your friend (took me 2 mins)

We bid £1m for Murphy before signing Marrow et al, so we had money. Google is your friend (took me 2 mins)

never mention Marrow at all. so dont see your point at all.

we signed Judge,.Taylor and Eastwood late May/early June i recalled. so my point at that time we had no money. Only had money a couple of cash buys that summer due to selling Martin Olsson to Norwich

Pwersonally would like to see Rochina go. He's got some talent but doesn't apply it and creates very little. Baiscally he's not very good but looks a bit better on the ball than most which gives the impression that he's better than he is. Would be good at 5 a side but in our league he's a total waste of time. He's presumably on a fortune as well if SK/JA signed him.

Yup, ditto "Warnock to Newcastle" a few years ago which I fell out with him about.

That's the sort of pattern many of his stories take though.

Bllackburn 50 million war chest :lol:

Rochina has more talent than the rest of the team put together. All he needs is patience and coaching and a place in the team. We are obviously not prepared to do that for him and are set to miss out on a brilliant player.

Bunkum - he's been here for 3yrs and is never going to make the grade Al, he also went on loan to Spain and spent most of his time warming that bench also.

Get rid.

Bllackburn 50 million war chest :lol:

Bunkum - he's been here for 3yrs and is never going to make the grade Al, he also went on loan to Spain and spent most of his time warming that bench also.

Get rid.

Never been given a proper chance. Flair is badly needed at the moment.

The trouble with ruben is he needs a good run of 8-10 games to see if he can devlop a bit and learn a bit and be the player we hope he could be. I just dont see us in a position to be able to give him that run in our current situation with the squad we currently have

Never been given a proper chance. Flair is badly needed at the moment.

I agree we need some creativity, but to say he's not been given a chance? come on Al he's been here for 3yrs and still doesn't know when to pick a pass.

Though the standards are obviously higher - Barca weren't able to "coach" him into releasing the ball at the appropriate time - so what chance do we have ?

Personally I hope he stays - as the pass and move football we have played recenly should help him considerably - as I think half the time he gets caught with the ball is due to lack of options.

I agree we need some creativity, but to say he's not been given a chance? come on Al he's been here for 3yrs and still doesn't know when to pick a pass.

But when has he ever been given a proper run in the side? He got one in the first-half of last season and the stats speak for themselves. Unfortunately, he's been limited to cameo appearances and therefore there's a lot of pressure on him to live up to the hype. With a sustained run of games, we'd see the best of him, but because of what a double-edged sword he is, the manager isn't prepared to gamble.

Interesting how fickle, again, the MB is. Nixon has always been the same, trashy, sensationalist nonsense for the red tops yet he was worshipped by hundreds on here till the truth became apparent.

Same with club owners.........

That's because most people are brought up to take others at face value until they let you down. That's not fickle.

But when has he ever been given a proper run in the side? He got one in the first-half of last season and the stats speak for themselves. Unfortunately, he's been limited to cameo appearances and therefore there's a lot of pressure on him to live up to the hype. With a sustained run of games, we'd see the best of him, but because of what a double-edged sword he is, the manager isn't prepared to gamble.

If he was good enough he'd get a proper run in the side.

The only stat we need to know is that he's been here for 3yrs, had a loan spell at Zaragoza, and hasn't made the grade at either club, get rid.

That's not always the correct approach. On a number of occasions we have benefited from sides giving up on players too quickly. Rochina has a lot of ability, I don't think he's quite as good as some on here believe, but he's one of the few potential game changers that we have in our side and we need to keep him.

• Backroom

The thing with Rochina is people say he needs coaching and refining

He came from the greatest academy in the world arguably, if they can't teach him to pass then I don't see how we can.

He needs to listen to John Barnes 'you've got to hold and give but do it at the right time'

Rochina is one of the few players who we could get rid of this transfer window, for a fee, and not disrupt our first team. I would like to see him gone,but he is unpredictable and can be a match winner on his day but produces this so rarely given his natural talent it's a joke.

He lacks discipline and tactical nouse to be trusted in GB new look team and philosophy. He's been here for three years and has not been able to hold down a first team spot under several managers in a poor rovers team who has been crying out for a creative midfielder

I would like to get rid of a few players b4 Ruben but as discussed who would take them, so getting him off the wage bill is another positive, if he does go it will be 'if only' situations.

Guys I'll tell you exactly why we signed Marrow, Judge etc early this season...

GB and the coaching staff wanted to change the mentality around the club which they saw as the major reason why talented players were underperforming..this involves a Mahoosive turnover of players (basically getting rid of loads and bringing loads in)

The initial signings all had one thing in common...one or more of the core coaching staff knew them and / or had worked with them. These players were brought in as decent players with magnificent attitudes...you turn the majority into the minority and vice versa..

The ethos at the club is about caring for what the club stands for...hence why Lowe is so lauded by GB.

The clear out continues and "they" are in the minority now which is why the mood and work ethic has changed.

Marrow is also possibly our 4th choice centre back. Luckily dann/hanley have barely missed a game so we have never had to go that deep into our squad. Doesnt mean GB doesnt have to plan for such events

Archived