BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the reason why Dawson didn't end up back at Bolton?

Rather, is there a reason why WBA would let him leave in January when they wouldn't in the summer?

Think they thought he may break into the first team but he hasn't. It's unlikely they'll let him go without a manager but you never know.

Think they thought he may break into the first team but he hasn't. It's unlikely they'll let him go without a manager but you never know.

Certainly no harm in trying. Perhaps slightly harsh on Kilgallon but Dawson was as responsible as anyone for Bolton's winning run last term. Will end up being a top centre half sooner or later.

Things could be worse, we could be a struggling Premiership side thats just signed a league 1 defender on loan that can't get into his club side :lol:

The West Ham fans are not happy!

Gold, Sullivan and Brady, don't you just love em :tu:

No it's just a kid who they have signed for their Under 21 squad.

On Bowyer, as mentioned earlier he doesn't seem to be putting up a fight for Dann so he may have one or two players in mind. He's a sensible man and every decision he makes in the transfer market is a clever one. Whoever he brings in will have the right character and the ability to replace Dann, if not better him.

That's what our incomings have been about this past year and looking forward, bringing in people who will fight, people who care.

I'm mindful of Kamy's comments re: the latest Nixon story on Dann however at first glance it looks like the usual "you should be happy to bend over and take it up the back passage" bullcrap from Nixon. In the same way that he announced Wigan had given us 12 hours to sell Rhodes to them in the last window.

They want the deal done by weekend but have yet to meet our alleged asking price? hmmmmm..............

I'm with GAV on this one. It seems crazy to me to risk derailing our promotion bid for as little as the 3m quoted. It will hardly touch our debt, and we'll need a replacement. Plus might Hanley be miffed a good partnership is being broken up. If someone were bidding the 7 or 8m we allegedly paid for him that might be a different matter.

Perhaps Nixon read Mani's claim on here and is merely recycling it.

I'd personally make a move for Hudson at Cardiff City if Dann goes. He was immense last season and would be the leader we so badly crave.

This is the one. Thinking about it, it makes sense given we have recently done business with them and relations seem good. Considering Bowyer signs players with promotion experience, this is one that I could see him move for if Dann does leave.

On Dann, he's been an absolute waste of money & from what I was told about his attitude and how he has treated a long time members of staff on occasion... I'd drive him wherever he wants. He's vocal but he turns like the titanic and jumps like it.

Ive got to be honest, I have never much liked Dann as a person or as a footballer. Ive obviously no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was deemed to be one of the few remaining bad eggs and Bowyer wanted rid. However, his performances on the field have been much improved this season. I agree with Gav and Amo, it seems mad to break up what looks to be a decent defensive partnership. Summer time would be a different matter entirely.

I'm mindful of Kamy's comments re: the latest Nixon story on Dann however at first glance it looks like the usual "you should be happy to bend over and take it up the back passage" bullcrap from Nixon. In the same way that he announced Wigan had given us 12 hours to sell Rhodes to them in the last window.

They want the deal done by weekend but have yet to meet our alleged asking price? hmmmmm..............

I'm with GAV on this one. It seems crazy to me to risk derailing our promotion bid for as little as the 3m quoted. It will hardly touch our debt, and we'll need a replacement. Plus might Hanley be miffed a good partnership is being broken up. If someone were bidding the 7 or 8m we allegedly paid for him that might be a different matter.

Perhaps Nixon read Mani's claim on here and is merely recycling it.

I'm sorry mate, i have given you a lot of respect re your views on here but I can safely say I have never met a person so happy to rationalise their own version of events so much and present them as fact!

I told you that Dann was likely to go before Nixon (who is a complete buffoon btw) and you rubbished it..then Kammy backed this up and it suddenly becomes more believable (I get that because his info is spot on)...and then you somehow rationalise your own belief and rubbish it all again!!

Killgallon WAS signed to replace Dann in the summer in yet another bold / or foolish financiacial decision by Venkys which back fired when no one came in for Dann. There is real interest now and the club believe that the loss of Dann can be covered by Kilgallon (an international).

Please please please accept that just because this does not compute to you does NOT mean it isn't true.

As a sub plot to this the club feel they owe Dann this move because he has never moaned and has been promised a chance in the Prem.

If I was GB I would try n convince him one last time to stay til the summer..but I fear the money is too good to pass up!

Savio. It'll be between 10-12m and no more. That's a monster bid in this league.

Ricky 10-12m is not a monster bid also pls read what glen stated earlier:

There is not much that can be added to that , the club ain't actively trying to sell him , the player ain't actively looking for a move and the owners would more than likely like to see a cheque double of what they paid before they would even entertain a conversation on his future .

seeing as we paid 8m double that is 16m and GB stated in the interview it would take a monster bid and was speaking about Bale & Ronaldo in that statement as examples thus indicating only if a silly bid comes in will they even look at it also you would do well to remember the Phil Jones saga I think it is safe to say they will not be made to look like fools in the transfer window and rightly so if another club are so desperate to get him with it being Jan the minimum amount the club should accept is 15m and if they accept any less they would lose all credibility and I would back the protests to start again.

Savio, I read it the first time around. I'm sure the owners would like to double the money they spent on all of their signings, it doesn't mean they will.

I'll have a wager with you right now that he doesn't go for £15-£16m and goes for between 10 and 12 mil.

Savio, I read it the first time around. I'm sure the owners would like to double the money they spent on all of their signings, it doesn't mean they will.

I'll have a wager with you right now that he doesn't go for £15-£16m and goes for between 10 and 12 mil.

I agree, and it'll be nearer 10 than 12.

I'm sorry mate, i have given you a lot of respect re your views on here but I can safely say I have never met a person so happy to rationalise their own version of events so much and present them as fact!

I told you that Dann was likely to go before Nixon (who is a complete buffoon btw) and you rubbished it..then Kammy backed this up and it suddenly becomes more believable (I get that because his info is spot on)...and then you somehow rationalise your own belief and rubbish it all again!!

Killgallon WAS signed to replace Dann in the summer in yet another bold / or foolish financiacial decision by Venkys which back fired when no one came in for Dann. There is real interest now and the club believe that the loss of Dann can be covered by Kilgallon (an international).

Please please please accept that just because this does not compute to you does NOT mean it isn't true.

As a sub plot to this the club feel they owe Dann this move because he has never moaned and has been promised a chance in the Prem.

If I was GB I would try n convince him one last time to stay til the summer..but I fear the money is too good to pass up!

I'm grateful for the nice comments you made about me previously but think you're getting a bit overexcitable there, just because it's appeared in a tabloid doesn't mean it's happening either. The move at 3m to me makes no sense at all, I don't think it's good money at all, I think it's terrible money given what we paid for him and the partnership he has struck up with Hanley. However I do think we overpaid for him so if someone offered us the 8m we allegedly paid for him I'd sell.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, if he goes for 3m you were right, if not or if he goes for a lot more you weren't but I'll be the first to acknowledge if you're right.

I'll have a pint on him not going anywhere at all this month Ricky!

• Backroom

Savio - you would urge the protests to start again if Rhodes was sold for £12m? Seems extreme

I'm with Rev I don't expect him to leave at all, he's worth more to us as a player than his actual market worth therefore nobody likely to offer the amount required

Re. the possible Dann departure, I wouldn't be particularly comfortable with us losing our captain in mid-season and in the process breaking up what I think could be a very solid partnership with Hanley.

However, given the wages he is allegedly on, and the opportunity to get a few million in for him, I wouldn't have much of an issue if we sold him to Palace. He isn't worth £30k a week in this division (unlike a Jordan Rhodes, who would be almost irreplaceable). Equally capable players are out there who would cost much less. To me the critical part will be who we get to replace him. If we bank £3 million and get his circa £30k a week wages off the books I would like us to go out and spend £1 million or so on a proven Championship centre half. Someone has already mentioned Hudson from Cardiff, a good shout, I would like to see us try and get Craig Dawson from WBA, even if it was only on loan until the end of the season. By all accounts did very well at Bolton last season after Freedman took over, and has barely featured for WBA this season. I think it would be suicide selling Dann and attempting to 'make do' with Kilgallon and Songo. Kilgallon is a good player at this level but has a poor injury track record. We need someone else who can share the burden. Songo is not that man. From his performances at Carlisle and in the reserves he is simply not good enough, and for me Gary Bowyer's biggest (possibly only) transfer cock-up.

Archived