BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

You would think people would be scared off Dann by his relegation record. Makes me laugh when managers go on about Premiership experience and then sign players whose only experience of the league is getting relegated from it. On the same note, Roger Johnson has just gone to West Ham. He's had 3 in a row, 1 more than Dann. Surely there must be a point when someone realises that players get relegated every year because they just aren't very good.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think people would be scared off Dann by his relegation record. Makes me laugh when managers go on about Premiership experience and then sign players whose only experience of the league is getting relegated from it. On the same note, Roger Johnson has just gone to West Ham. He's had 3 in a row, 1 more than Dann. Surely there must be a point when someone realises that players get relegated every year because they just aren't very good.

Scotty Parker was player of the year when West Ham went down. No individual takes a club down, although I could argue a good case about the classless moron we employed.

I may be wrong but I believe Anthony Pilkington's contract expires at Norwich during the summer.

Said a little tongue in cheek but as Chris Hughton has previously been a big fan of Leon Best, what a great bit of business if an exchange were to be made in January with a few quid thrown in for good measure!

I may be wrong but I believe Anthony Pilkington's contract expires at Norwich during the summer.

Said a little tongue in cheek but as Chris Hughton has previously been a big fan of Leon Best, what a great bit of business if an exchange were to be made in January with a few quid thrown in for good measure!

That would be a beautiful piece of business. Sadly Best would probably still want paying off to go and scare them off with his wage demands.

Sign up Anthony Pilkington as a potential Dunn replacement (every team should have at least one hometown player). Of course he'd likely cost an arm and a leg.

If Dann is really leaving (which I have no opinion on) I would go after either Burnley's Jason Shackell (a good defender, a leader, Burnley's captain, whose lose would impair their play-off chances) or Leed's Jason Pearce (another solid defender with leadership abilities). I would leave O'Connell with Rochdale to get more seasoning and look at him in a more active role next season.

• Moderation Lead

Sign up Anthony Pilkington as a potential Dunn replacement (every team should have at least one hometown player). Of course he'd likely cost an arm and a leg.

If Dann is really leaving (which I have no opinion on) I would go after either Burnley's Jason Shackell (a good defender, a leader, Burnley's captain, whose lose would impair their play-off chances) or Leed's Jason Pearce (another solid defender with leadership abilities). I would leave O'Connell with Rochdale to get more seasoning and look at him in a more active role next season.

Doubt very much we could prise Shackell from our neighbours Steve!!

why would he want to come here when he could be getting promoted with bunleh.

Apparently Brighton could be interested in Best and Rovers could be interested in Bridcutt. Maybe a part exchange.

Also Kevin Phillips is a free agent and could be an vastly experienced signing until the end of season.

Liam Bridcutt is going to Sunderland for around 2.5 mil. Very good player. like the idea but cant see him coming here said

Kevin Phillips wants to play regulary football. at least that what he said on talksport 2 weeks. I dont think he would be first choice here at all.

Apparently Brighton could be interested in Best and Rovers could be interested in Bridcutt. Maybe a part exchange.Also Kevin Phillips is a free agent and could be an vastly experienced signing until the end of season.

They could probably have Best for nothing. I would be delighted if we got him off the wage bill without it costing us.

• Backroom

El tombro are you tombo the great fromtwitter?

I think he will allow me to speak for him and say yes he almost certainly is

Ask him about UKIP

(He isn't)

Doubt very much we could prise Shackell from our neighbours Steve!!

Probably not. But why not make the effort? If they say yes, we're golden. If they say no, what have we lost?

Steve - Conor Mahoney is a home town lad lets hope he comes good

I hope so to, but he's very young. Dunn is getting older and while I'd keep him as an impact player (a late sub, or even a starter on a few critical games here and there) for a season or two longer, if we want someone who is a local in the team for next season, or the one after, perhaps we should be a bit proactive and start recruiting a few who are capable of playing on the first team now.

Archived