BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't quite worked for him in the games I have seen. He gives loads of effort but lacks that bit of composure / quality when it comes to the end product. Plus he gets pushed off the ball quite easily.

I think him and Marrow were Bowyer showing his intention to get back to hard working, hungry players, but I am not sure that either of them have the quality to get back into our side.

Good luck to him - and good on him for not just sitting on the bench collecting his wage - puts quite a few other players to shame (even more shame in some cases)

Funny how we changed direction on transfer policy half way through the summer. Judge and Marrow were signed early along with a few others and then late on we bring in Evans, Cairney and Marshall who were at a different level really. I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories as to why this is but I don't have any explanation other than basic incompetence on the part of whoever was holding the pursestrings at the time.

Its far more likely Bowyer thought something along the lines of he'd got some dross who he really didn't want to have to play, and he wanted to have players who could fill the gaps and might come good but at least he trusted. With the thought at the back of the mind we might get some quality in as well, but with transfers you cant guarantee anything in advance.

Good on Bowyer for recognising they haven't been up to it and not playing them.

Shame we didn't get them on an initial loan, but they were his first signings and he has brought in some tidy ones since so it looks like he is learning quickly!

Judge was never going to be good enough, not sure why Bowyer thought he'd be up to the job after working with the lad, but thankfully he's seen sense and moved him out.

GB players through and through are Judge and Marrow, he raised them in the game. In a split camp where trust is scarce having one or two who you know aren't bullshitting you can be of benefit. And a split camp it obviously was when they were both signed.

Going to go out on a limb here and I hope this comes back to bite me in the arse... this is just my opinion...

Rochina is entertaining here and there but generally garbage. As far as the team goes I don't want him playing. I only ever see him thinking he's Ronaldo and doing some embarrassing trick that achieves nothing or falling over after failing to pass at the right time. I'd rather have Judge playing than Rochina. At least Judge is more of a team player and has been more effective in his cameo appearances than Rochina.

I seriously think if Rochina had come from Ponferradina or Tenerife he'd be nowhere near as highly rated on here. I think there's a huge "he used to play for Barca!" influence going on.

Rochina has been here for three years. It may be that he'll turn a corner and start living up to his supposed reputation but I doubt (although hope) that will happen. Every time I hear about him it seems as though fans think we signed him a couple of weeks ago and he's just about match fit. I think it's time for both Rovers and Rochina to part ways. As Tyrone said, loaning him to a club in the same league is never a great idea as sod's law says he's bound to produce the goods but I do think we need to ship him out and forget about him.

Good points well made! I don't know how he has gained an almost cult status with some fans. I lost patience eons ago...

GB players through and through are Judge and Marrow, he raised them in the game. In a split camp where trust is scarce having one or two who you know aren't bullshitting you can be of benefit. And a split camp it obviously was when they were both signed.

I can see the benefit in that, pity he felt the need to be honest Maj, especially when money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Judge was never going to be good enough, not sure why Bowyer thought he'd be up to the job after working with the lad, but thankfully he's seen sense and moved him out.

when we signed Judge, Taylor, Eastwood I think Bowyer had no money to spend at that time. so he got some free transfers in.

Plus Judge has told Bowyer in the couple of weeks that he wanted more football and starting more. Bowyer couldn't offer him this but agree to let him go. fair play to Judge for wanting to play football and not just pick up a wage sat on the bench or not even on bench like some players do

Bowyer four cash buys have looked either decent in Gestede and Evans or Good in Marshall or Taylor.

Glen tweeted 'rochina to Boro - interesting'. Wonder if that has legs.

I reckon Rochina will be off this transfer window permanent IMO cos he doesn't seem happy on bench and Bowyer doesn't see to want start him or have confidence in him.

Also reckon Best, Goodwillie, Olsson, either Kean or Eastwood out on loan, and few other players aswell will leave.

we need a centre back in if Dann goes to Palace.

Palace transfer target Scott Dann must agree TWO pay-cuts to make move

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfers-scott-dann-3001463#ixzz2pqiAbxNj

Also seen on twitter today that Rhodes has been linked with QPR, Celtic and Sunderland. doubt he would go to any of them.

Taylor linked with Blackpool aswell.

some crazy Twitter rumours on there

Nixon never gives up does he, what a load of nonsense.

So apart from the fact that they won't match his wages, our valuation, and haven't even made a bid it looks likely to go ahead!

Chaddy, you say the likes of Best, Olsson and Goodwillie will leave, but who will buy them?

• Backroom

If Dann doesn't go Nicko will do what he does every time

'It was correct but things changed'

Every single time

(Although he may be right this time)

Chaddy, you say the likes of Best, Olsson and Goodwillie will leave, but who will buy them?

I think a couple of members of this MB have said Leeds and Brighton might be interest in him. let him go on a free transfer i would.

Olsson dont know.

Goodwillie has been linked with Oldham, notts county and A couple of scottish teams. loans i think..

If Dann doesn't go Nicko will do what he does every time

'It was correct but things changed'

Every single time

(Although he may be right this time)

It's quite clever the way he does it to be fair.

The real story is "Palace like Blackburn's Dann but nothing will happen as they're unwilling to meet either the player's wage demands or Blackburn's valuation."

But that doesn't float anyone's boat. So the Nixon version is some complete gubbins about a move that is never likely to materialise

"Dann in big move shocker" (One fee)

Then a few days later he makes up some excuse about why a move that was never happening in the first place has broken down

"Dann's big move breaks down shocker" (Another fee)

Two fees, steak dinners in the Nixon household, happy days.

Interesting how fickle, again, the MB is. Nixon has always been the same, trashy, sensationalist nonsense for the red tops yet he was worshipped by hundreds on here till the truth became apparent.

Same with club owners.........

Archived