BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window 2014

neophox

Bafetimbi Boubacar ‏@BafetimbiBou 58m

Hearing reports in the last few minutes that a prem team has made a move for Jordan Rhodes, making calls now

this guy is a Journalist, who worked for columns in FourFourTwo and OnTheBall,

Bafetimbi Boubacar, joined Twitter yesterday, 20 tweets to his name, nothing on Google search about him (being a respected journalist or anything linking him to 442) other than "born in the Burkina Faso jungle, live in South Africa all views are my own.". He is "hearing reports" - and is now going to make some calls.

I'm not convinced chaddy.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Idea. Face obviously does not fit. How DJ can be played before him baffles me.

It's not his face that doesn't fit it's his inability to see a pass at the right time, make a pass at the right time and continually make the wrong decisions. He is your typical "Carlos Kickaball" show pony. Unfortunately, the Championship requires a different approach. Fortunately, Gestede and Campbell have looked pretty decent in the last two games and should provide Rhodes with the type of support he needs. Any money we can get from selling Rochina will be a huge bonus.

Bafetimbi Boubacar, joined Twitter yesterday, 20 tweets to his name, nothing on Google search about him (being a respected journalist or anything linking him to 442) other than "born in the Burkina Faso jungle, live in South Africa all views are my own.". He is "hearing reports" - and is now going to make some calls.

I'm not convinced chaddy.

Don't buy it Thought the name might be an anagram..still working on it...any guardian crossword experts?

I don't think they'll move for anyone else but I don't know...

If Dann goes then maybe a CB but I do know that Kilgallon was signed to replace Dann in the summer so they may look to promote him and buy some competition / an understudy on less wages.

One area that is interesting is the goalkeeper situ...Robbo is the only one they rate but they want rid of his wages. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new man between the sticks!!

Other than that, even if Rochina, Best and Etuhu go (please god) then I wouldn't expect replacements..

One other interesting point ..they are apparently "crying" out for some experience on the pitch" so I guess we can expect older heads should any signings be made..

thanks for update there Mani

Bet a lot of prem teams have made a move for him, He would cost over 12million and is on 40k a week. So doubt it will go any further than an enquiry.

good point

His loaf went stale years ago. A cursory Google search tells you the guy's bogus.

very unfair comment by you.

All I did was post something that was on twitter,

I have never said whether I believe the account but I just posted it

All I did was post something that was on twitter,

I have never said whether I believe the account but I just posted it

Don't like my rye sense of humour? ;)

As it goes, you made a positive statement: "this guy is a Journalist, who worked for columns in FourFourTwo and OnTheBall", when Mr. Boubacar is about as genuine as the Easter Bunny.

Hopefully we will have some joy moving on the fringe players sooner rather than later.

Rumours regarding Rochina to Boro, Orr to Toronto, Goodwillie to one of a few teams, even Best to Leicester at one stage. I am as anxious to get rid of the dross as I would be waiting for news of a signing.

We have no chance shifting etuhu or dj - although it may be possible to bin dj in april if bowyer wants.

No bids for Rhodes, plenty of enquiries but no formal offer. A guaranteed £11-£12 million will be needed to even tempt Rovers. The key thing is that Rhodes is happy to remain at Rovers for the time being to no pressure from him to move.

that price and wagesof £40k a week mean Championship sides can forget it.He aint top drawer Prem in all honesty so it bottom half teams if anybody.Then you are in the realms of wage cuts if they go down so it looks like not a long queue really.

It's not his face that doesn't fit it's his inability to see a pass at the right time, make a pass at the right time and continually make the wrong decisions. He is your typical "Carlos Kickaball" show pony. Unfortunately, the Championship requires a different approach. Fortunately, Gestede and Campbell have looked pretty decent in the last two games and should provide Rhodes with the type of support he needs. Any money we can get from selling Rochina will be a huge bonus.

Careful dear chap. You'll upset the types on here who go to football to watch "entertainment". They also wanted Sam sacked.

Can someone please setup a spoof account and sell Ings and Volts or whatever his name is.

Thanks in advance.

Better still get Nixon on the job as i don't see him constantly trying to sell the better players of Burnley or Bolton in his rag, wonder why ?

As long as Rovers stick to their proclamation that they won't be selling Rhodes to a Championship rival (which would be suicide for our promotion chances and would lead to a revolt among supporters) then there are a very small number of Premier League clubs who both might be interested in Rhodes and also would be willing to stump up at least £10 million and match his significant wages.

The way the Premier League is going most clubs will probably decide that for that kind of money they can go to Italy/France/Spain/South America and find somebody for less money who have played at the top level and proven themselves. I find it hard to believe that clubs like Norwich, WBA, Palace, Sunderland, Stoke, West Ham etc. are going to gamble their entire transfer budget in January on a Championship player who has no pedigree in the Premier League.

Eventually Rhodes will end up in the Premier League, because if Rovers don't get promoted then sooner or later somebody will take a punt on his incredible record, probably at a time when Rovers are more willing to discuss a sale. Thankfully Rhodes comes across as a sensible guy with his head screwed on who will continue to work hard whatever the outcome. Not someone who is going to start rocking the boat and causing trouble if he doesn't get his move straight away.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how clubs like QPR or Forest would even be allowed to buy Rhodes, even if they were able to. We keep being told we have to reduce our wage bill and cut spending because of FFP rules, yet surely the same applies to those clubs. They couldn't spend so much on one player without immediately falling foul of the rules.

If I'm honest I don't know where the love for Rochina comes from...he's never ever produced for Rovers...lots of ability but doesn't know when to pass, take a touch or shoot.

He must be a nightmare to play with as he is so unpredictable. He is a showman and a cheat allowing others to do his running whilst he shoots at every opportunity...a luxury too far in the championship.

Mourinho refuses to carry Mata who is 100 times Rochina so why would we wanna carry him?

Get rid..and if we get a fee then run like the wind I say...we need dependable, hungry players not luxuries we cannot afford!!

IMHO

If I'm honest I don't know where the love for Rochina comes from...he's never ever produced for Rovers...lots of ability but doesn't know when to pass, take a touch or shoot.

He must be a nightmare to play with as he is so unpredictable. He is a showman and a cheat allowing others to do his running whilst he shoots at every opportunity...a luxury too far in the championship.

Mourinho refuses to carry Mata who is 100 times Rochina so why would we wanna carry him?

Get rid..and if we get a fee then run like the wind I say...we need dependable, hungry players not luxuries we cannot afford!!

IMHO

Good analysis. Frustrating but above all a liability. Yes, we need dependable warriors now.

I'm a season ticket holder.

I don't have a season ticket anymore...does this make me less of a fan?

Rochina delivers nothing mate...never actually has if truth be known...talent in abundance and the threat to take it to the next level but no end product.

Big wages, big ego, GET RID

The above was for Roversfan99 btw

I don't have a season ticket anymore...does this make me less of a fan?

Rochina delivers nothing mate...never actually has if truth be known...talent in abundance and the threat to take it to the next level but no end product.

Big wages, big ego, GET RID

The above was for Roversfan99 btw

Please read what my reply was in response to. Your remark is unnecessary.

EDIT OK Just read additional last line.

It stems from the last three years of watching dire football.

Pass it across the back four, up to a midfield player, back to the back four, hoof it up field, lose the ball.

Rochina was the only player to get fans on the edge of their seats.

Needless to say, if we can continue as we played in the last two and half games we won't need him or miss him.

It stems from the last three years of watching dire football.

Pass it across the back four, up to a midfield player, back to the back four, hoof it up field, lose the ball.

Rochina was the only player to get fans on the edge of their seats.

Needless to say, if we can continue as we played in the last two and half games we won't need him or miss him.

For me Dunny does exactly that for us AND has an end product..

Archived