BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They have learned nowt. With these idiots we are always one bad decision away from a full out crisis. They are still surrounded by people who put self interest ahead of what is good for Rovers,

The only solution is Venky's out.

Absolutely. They are very fortunate they stumbled upon a good man in Bowyer, they've done nothing otherwise to rectify their mistakes. There is still no coherent structure at board level, we're still bleeding money and the likes of Singh and Shaw are still employed. The fact Bowyer has made us a competitive team on a negative transfer budget, after the team was swamped with chancers and no-hopers, says far more about him than it does about Venky's.

I'd take it all over being a Venky tubthumper Nodrog

They all did better than your mates though ;)

Are you terminally stupid? You've made a few posts and yet you claim to know my feelings toward the Venkymob. You need to check back ... I was in the minority who didn't want them here from the off! I was their biggest critic for months. I took a lot of unecessary stick from intellectual derelicts and assorted gullible, glory hunting starKeaners like yourself simply for airing my opinions honestly too.

I think you'd be on your own there Abbey. 'Cutting off your nose to spite your face' as my old Mum used to say.

That thought occurred to me too yoda.

C'mon kamy... spill the beans. You know how discreet out members are when need be. ^_^

I assume Kamy is referring to Bowyer being close to the sack before the Leeds game. Reportedly.

Are you terminally stupid? You've made a few posts and yet you claim to know my feelings toward the Venkymob. You need to check back ... I was in the minority who didn't want them here from the off! I was their biggest critic for months. I took a lot of unecessary stick from intellectual derelicts and assorted gullible, glory hunting starKeaners like yourself simply for airing my opinions honestly too.

Was he refering to the Raos being your mates or refering personal mates

I thought that was where the trust came in

No one knows how much financial backing they really have do they? I might opine that running a football club is not a job best done by supporters.

The Rovers Trust would not be running the club. As supporters we would be running the Trust, who would appoint the best people for the job of running the club. Common mistake.

• Backroom

I know many say it and genuinely mean it but I'm not sure id take admin over them

The reality is liquidation may not be far behind, would i rather have what we have at present than nothing at all?

Absolutely and so would most of you or you wouldn't still be going and or frequently talking about the club on here

I try and ignore them these days sure their shadow will always linger but I won't think about them once at the ground today

The Rovers Trust would not be running the club. As supporters we would be running the Trust, who would appoint the best people for the job of running the club. Common mistake.

Yes I understand that, I was meaning the trust as the safety net when it goes tits up, as all the signs say it will do sooner or later

I don't know any in that state

With all this Radio Silence, we don't know what the real situation is. On the surface things appear better, players are being moved on and results are on a upward curve. One of the Podcasts said that the club was likely to run out of money towards the end of the season.... is that true or have Venky's put in more money to cover the short fall? The main question is.....is Administration likely come the end of May?

With all this Radio Silence, we don't know what the real situation is. On the surface things appear better, players are being moved on and results are on a upward curve. One of the Podcasts said that the club was likely to run out of money towards the end of the season.... is that true or have Venky's put in more money to cover the short fall? The main question is.....is Administration likely come the end of May?

The main question is, who can you ask, the lunes won't talk to you

Ozz, where would the money come from to pay "the best people" to run the club? What would happen to the debt and how could we pay the wages of players who would be good enough to take us back to the Premiership? Venky's are losing money hand over fist and they, supposedly, can afford to do so in the short term but could the Trust afford to cover losses like that? Are there people out there who would be prepared to cover the debt or would they wait for administration before stepping in which could mean the loss of points and possible relegation to League One? I know how the Swansea model worked but they were at rock bottom and got the club for next to nothing. We are a Championship club with Championship overheads and I'm not clear how the Trust covers those overheads. I have nothing but contempt for Venky's but I have yet to see a viable alternative in terms of funding the present organisation. Starting again as an "FC United" outfit is pie in the sky stuff. It would be the end of the club. One man and his dog watching on Pleasington could never be seen as a replacement for Blackburn Rovers.

Not sure we can be any nearer today than we were yesterday.

The outgoings this week barely scratch the surface on our losses and we are still paying most of them -and then they will be back!! We cant make any inroads without selling our crown jewels-how else can we balance the books with our income level? So sooner or later despite all the brave words, Jordan etc will have to go.Under FFP Scumkys can't put money in to cover losses.

They are clearly being led to believe we are possibly going up which is the big salvation for them.Once the reality hits home that we aren't and that the position without the larger parachutes will demand more off them to cover losses then that IMO is when D Day comes.

How can they seriously think this is working when they are subsidising the club at £2m a month? That doesnt go on for ever without a question being asked no matter how wealthy you are.

So who is there to buy it? -probably nobody. who is there to take it out of Admin? probably nobody. who when its facing extinction and liquidation will save us? my guess at that point is where the Trust and hopefully the 2 Ians come together because by that stage only the fans will care.

it cant be saved on its current operating level which is why all those that saw this coming 2 years ago and got mullered on here for being doom mongers will soon be crowing again

Ozz, where would the money come from to pay "the best people" to run the club? OK "The best we could afford". Getting a strong professional and competent (full time) board would be paramount.

What would happen to the debt and how could we pay the wages of players who would be good enough to take us back to the Premiership? If Venkys were to sell then one of the the conditions of sale would have to reflect the debt. The priority IMO would be to try and attain financial stability ASAP.

Venky's are losing money hand over fist and they, supposedly, can afford to do so in the short term but could the Trust afford to cover losses like that? Mostly caused by poor decision making in recruitment, helped by greedy third parties, and contracts. Any transfer of ownership should involve a plan to deal with these issues.

Are there people out there who would be prepared to cover the debt or would they wait for administration before stepping in which could mean the loss of points and possible relegation to League One? Who knows? Unlikely as it stands. If Venkys want to sell before entering admin then again the price would reflect that. They cannot sell at break even or a profit now with the current level of debt and operating loss.

I know how the Swansea model worked but they were at rock bottom and got the club for next to nothing. We are a Championship club with Championship overheads and I'm not clear how the Trust covers those overheads. Kind of answered your own question there Parson! If the Raos sell as it is now, the price will have to reflect the current financial situation-IE For peanuts. It would then be about managing the debt sensibly whilst trying to keep the club stable. The big difference would be that the big decisions would be made by professional football people who are paid to run the club as a business and not as a play thing to be tossed to one side when the feeling takes. It could well be a rocky road at first, but in time who is to say that it could not be turned around and Rovers could flourish under a supporter lead ownership model? I doubt we could do any worse than the last three years!

Ozz, where would the money come from to pay "the best people" to run the club? OK "The best we could afford". Getting a strong professional and competent (full time) board would be paramount.

What would happen to the debt and how could we pay the wages of players who would be good enough to take us back to the Premiership? If Venkys were to sell then one of the the conditions of sale would have to reflect the debt. The priority IMO would be to try and attain financial stability ASAP.

Venky's are losing money hand over fist and they, supposedly, can afford to do so in the short term but could the Trust afford to cover losses like that? Mostly caused by poor decision making in recruitment, helped by greedy third parties, and contracts. Any transfer of ownership should involve a plan to deal with these issues.

Are there people out there who would be prepared to cover the debt or would they wait for administration before stepping in which could mean the loss of points and possible relegation to League One? Who knows? Unlikely as it stands. If Venkys want to sell before entering admin then again the price would reflect that. They cannot sell at break even or a profit now with the current level of debt and operating loss.

I know how the Swansea model worked but they were at rock bottom and got the club for next to nothing. We are a Championship club with Championship overheads and I'm not clear how the Trust covers those overheads. Kind of answered your own question there Parson! If the Raos sell as it is now, the price will have to reflect the current financial situation-IE For peanuts. It would then be about managing the debt sensibly whilst trying to keep the club stable. The big difference would be that the big decisions would be made by professional football people who are paid to run the club as a business and not as a play thing to be tossed to one side when the feeling takes. It could well be a rocky road at first, but in time who is to say that it could not be turned around and Rovers could flourish under a supporter lead ownership model? I doubt we could do any worse than the last three years!

Problem is though even if they give it you you couldnt run it with £30m a year going in wages for the next 2 years.Its not about price any more its about finding somebody with deep enough pockets to cover the losses for the next 2 years which are likely to £25 mill x 2. Its bust the minute they decide enough is enough.

You will then be in Admin whether fans like it or not and then you are having to eprsuade an Administrator that you can cover those overheads or you take it to the brink of liquidation ie exactly like Pompey.

The Trust wouldnt stand a chance .As much as its there for comfort i cant see a role unless it is as an FC United UNLESS you are partnered with some decent funders.I even think its beyond anyone in our Town to rescue it .They only way it will come into local ownership will be as a conference club where it basically starts from scratch

I am in no way being critical Ozz, far from it, i am merely looking at how it would play out and to me its a very big number based on what Venkys and more latterly Shebby have created.

Its a scandal , quite simply a scandal

Thanks for the reply Ozz, I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions. Like TBTF, I'm not convinced we can survive without someone with very deep pockets to cover the wage bill let alone the running costs of Ewood Park, the Senior Training Ground and the Academy.

Archived