BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys

I'm not a particularly 'involved' member of the trust, but should we be put up for sale I reckon they'd be a good option.

Not in the least because fans would have 'some' say in the club's running, they appear likely to have the 2 Ians' consortium on board and I reckon you'd get fan-led businesses clamouring to sponsor us again.

Pipe dream? Yes, but it's a very nice one.

Mike the fans can`t agree on here about anything, imagine if they were running the club. :blink:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike the fans can`t agree on here about anything, imagine if they were running the club. :blink:

Seems to work well elsewhere !

Germany - 51% fan ownership

Swansea - 20% I believe

Portsmouth - started very recently

Others doing likewise, I believe many will follow, this is the best way to go imo.

You simply vote on issues,far more democratic than what's happening at Hull and Cardiff etc.,

Racing Santander players forfeit Copa del Rey tie against Real Sociedad in protest over unpaid wages

I'm not saying that Venkys are our saviors or anything but just think if Ashan Ali Syed got his hands on our club. I remember at the time there were a few experts on here who thought he would be the best option.

Unfortunately for Racing fans he managed to get his hands on there club and look where they are now.

I'm not sure how close he ever got to buying our club but I am glad he didn't.

Guest Norbert

There were a few people of Indian origin around that time. There was a Mr. Shah as well I seem to recall. I don't think he quite had the backing to realise his bid.

Then there were some Aussies and South Africans, some chap called Williams...................goodness knows whether any of these were serious or complete poop to fill a newspaper page.

Guest Norbert

I think his money was based on property, and wasn't this just before the US housing market went tits up, and all the madness of 2008 happened?

Perhaps he's now in one of those car valleting places you see in old petrol stations.

Dan Williams. 7 years ago now! I wonder what happened to him? Was he actually a real person - or just a front?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jun/18/newsstory.blackburn

£67 million?

I remember wondering why the Venky's price was so-as it seemed to me-cheap..I was assuming Samba plus Jones equalled nearly £30 million.But what do I know? Venky's seemed to come from nowhere after all the talk had been about others..

.One of my kids could do a school project on Jerome Anderson's involvement with football. I bet we would get a more critical anaysis than that produced by the wonderful English newspapers..Does it sound like I am bearing a grudge?

Guest Norbert

Seeing as I'd happily borrow one of Steve Moss' toys and see what his brain looks like, I'd say no to that last question Leonard.

I thought at the time that Williams was perhaps created just to try and flush out proper buyers. Either that or he was Lytham/American chancer like Syed!

Also didn't Mr Shah say that he went to Venkys for backing to buy the club and they trumped him, perhaps backing someone else to get their slime coated mitts on it :(

I thought at the time that Williams was perhaps created just to try and flush out proper buyers. Either that or he was Lytham/American chancer like Syed!

Also didn't Mr Shah say that he went to Venkys for backing to buy the club and they trumped him, perhaps backing someone else to get their slime coated mitts on it :(

Yes. Knowing what we know now, all that has more resonance than at the time.I remember radio and press doing a big hatchet job on Shah and I am even wondering whether they were the same outlets that denigrated protests and bigged up Kean. ...I also worry that I have a grassy knoll in my back garden.

Yes. Knowing what we know now, all that has more resonance than at the time.I remember radio and press doing a big hatchet job on Shah and I am even wondering whether they were the same outlets that denigrated protests and bigged up Kean. ...I also worry that I have a grassy knoll in my back garden.

I like the word knoll, I want one

There were a few people of Indian origin around that time. There was a Mr. Shah as well I seem to recall. I don't think he quite had the backing to realise his bid.

Then there were some Aussies and South Africans, some chap called Williams...................goodness knows whether any of these were serious or complete poop to fill a newspaper page.

I think it's been said that the Australian bid was real and seriously considered at one stage, but was discredited by people with their own agenda's , with the time and other peoples money invested in "the plan" there was only going to be one winner regardless of which idiots were brought along as the "owners" in raping a football club, all with the FA's approval and blessing of course, wouldn't want to admit a business partner (now former) was involved in any "grey" areas would they?.

Just a pity our very own FA committee member was stuck down with Fatieitus around the time of the takeover .

Dan Williams. 7 years ago now! I wonder what happened to him? Was he actually a real person - or just a front?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jun/18/newsstory.blackburn

£67 million?

From the article;

Daniel Williams, a Blackburn supporter as a youngster, is based in New Jersey where he has enjoyed success with his company, Nuttall Investments. His background would ensure that he fits the club's profile of a fit and proper person to take the club forward and build on the legacy of Walker, who as owner transformed Rovers from a struggling second-tier club into Premiership champions in 1995.

That sums Venkys up doesn't it?

The last I heard of Williams was that he was trying to buy the Rochester Rhinos - a lower tier USA pro team - for about $10m. I don't think it panned out as he had no cash to buy it with.

Well he's got football experience and he's local so that's a massive plus. He'll certainly find it a unique job i reckon lol A world of difference between our fanbase and Evertons so i hope he helps try to keep ticket prices sensible !

Well he's got football experience and he's local so that's a massive plus. He'll certainly find it a unique job i reckon lol A world of difference between our fanbase and Evertons so i hope he helps try to keep ticket prices sensible !

A very valid opinion would be that ticket prices are NOT sensible now. They should be at least 50% more for this Division.

He looks like a nice man.

Cant put my finger on it but looks like an Evertonian to me. Might be something to do with that centre parting and a dark shirt with a darker tie.

Wonder how long he'll last?

A very valid opinion would be that ticket prices are NOT sensible now. They should be at least 50% more for this Division.

Cant put my finger on it but looks like an Evertonian to me. Might be something to do with that centre parting and a dark shirt with a darker tie.

Wonder how long he'll last?

Season tickets yes but matchday prices are pretty much in line with most in this division. If ST's where doubled then sales will be halved so it's pointless.

Well he's got football experience and he's local so that's a massive plus. He'll certainly find it a unique job i reckon lol A world of difference between our fanbase and Exertions so i hope he helps try to keep ticket prices sensible !

What you bothered for? Everyone will be getting 75% off their season tickets next season, once we get promoted, as promised.

Archived