BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside 'not available for relocation' for Burnley game

barry_

Is this allowed? Surely if you have paid for a Darwen End season ticket the terms and conditions state that you are allowed to relocate to the Riverside/Blackburn End free of charge?

When I was in the Darwen End I was allowed to move to any other part of the ground as part of the relocation scheme. Surely the club cannot now say half way through the season that the Riverside stand is no longer available for relocation?

Oops I forgot. This is Blackburn v Burnley, so the 'authorities' can do exactly as they please, with scant regard for the thousands of paying customers who keep these people in jobs.

Roll on the sub-20,000 crowd and poor atmosphere. A televised game on a Sunday lunchtime along with measures like this will just encourage more and more people not to bother going. Suppose that's the whole idea though isn't it? Less people = less aggro.

What happens to the people who have season tickets in the end block of the Riverside? Are they being forced to move and if so are they being compensated? Or are they allowed to sit in the seat they have paid for?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Riverside is not available. 'all they're doing' is saying No to loyal home supporters whilst allowing 5000 away fans in.

No thats wrong. I'm surprised you cannot comprehend the intention. There will be plenty of places available for loyal home supporters, no one need miss the game. This measure is to keep the d1ckheads from both sides apart.

Eminently sensible decision too imo. I rem darts being thrown when the two factions were allowed to be close together with justb railings inbetween in the 70's. Do you want such like to happen again barry?

Why not move to the JW DE lower?

Why not move to the Ronnie Clayton End?

So as I understand all Darwen end ticket holders have to pre-book a seat and move to the Jack Walker stand (for this game)?

Bloody Hell! I hope not! They quite obviously like watching from a crap view from behind the goals. Is there no room in the BBE

I am right in thinking that the darwen end has only in the last few years been made available to home fans aren't I?

some people make it sound like they have been sitting there all their ewood going life.

Ha best post you've done .. I'd let DE sit in the river !! They could have a wash as well.

Can non-Darwen Enders buy tickets in the Riverside? Why would they cause less trouble?

Surely they are suggesting the DE ST holders are the troublemakers.

And ;)

Bloody Hell! I hope not! They quite obviously like watching from a crap view from behind the goals. Is there no room in the BBE

Knob off and stick ya blanket n flask up ya arse !!

:P

This is @#/? @#/?, they're not just closing the section nearest to the Darwen end but the one in from that too (where I sit). Over the top pissing about as usual, making less room for supporters and more room for additional police to benefit from their derby day bonus pay packets.

We have relocated now to the third row in E03 but am I right in thinking no-one else can move there (ie: those from the Darwen End)?

No thats wrong. I'm surprised you cannot comprehend the intention. There will be plenty of places available for loyal home supporters, no one need miss the game. This measure is to keep the d1ckheads from both sides apart.

Eminently sensible decision too imo. I rem darts being thrown when the two factions were allowed to be close together with justb railings inbetween in the 70's. Do you want such like to happen again barry?

Why not move to the Ronnie Clayton End?

Season ticket holders from the Darwen End cannot relocate to the Riverside.

As they have a season ticket I would think that would qualify as 'loyal' (unless you and your elitist old guard have other criteria?).

In my opinion, the club (or should that be the cowards who hide behind a badge and their high-vis jackets) has taken the easy option by stopping Season ticket holders from relocating to the Riverside.

I don't know if tickets will go on general sale in the Riverside to supporters on the database but i would've thought that not allowing loyal supporters the chance to sit near the away fans but allowing a general sale is asking for trouble.

As has been stated by Glen Mullan, last season was a disgrace - both on the part of the supporters in the Riverside and the non-existent stewarding/policing of the corner next to the Darwen End and this should not be allowed to happen again, but the dingles should be put in the upper Darwen end where their impact both on and off the field would be negligible.

The area in which I'm arranging the block booking is W02 seat numbers start at 47.

There's a good number of us already which should make for a good atmosphere.

I've made arrangements to get this all booked very soon but not too late to join us. Or as I said obviously you can move there of your own accord.

Well done Ben. Great to see someone being proactive rather than just having a whinge.

Yet again another pathetic measure being put in place. This only happens with rovers! Surely I'm not the only rovers fan out there who thought it was great seeing the riverside packed to the rafters for last seasons game. The manic scenes at the end when we scored were fantastic.

This season there will be an empty riverside, crap crowd, crap atmosphere, embarrassment on sky etc. Absolutely pathetic

Good for Ben, but it beggars belief yet again how far we are being made to bend over to accommodate a game that is now a complete joke. The one chance for us to have a 25,000 crowd, now dissipated by the police. Why not give Dingles 3 seats in top of DE, bring them in a hearse, and demolish that feckin stand we are made to watch in when we play there. Lucky if we get 15,000.....

Pathetic, simple as that.

Just another nail in the coffin of a derby game thats seen no real trouble of any note since the 70's.

I was in the Riverside last season and yes I saw a few ‘old heads’ about, but its burnley at home for goodness sake, not one of them has a banning order so they have every right to be at the match like everyone else. The atmosphere wasn’t hostile, it had an edge, but as soon as the police asked the fans to move back they did just that, its on YouTube if anyone’s in doubt.

I’ve seen more hostility and aggression in ASDA.

If Rovers are saying that a lot of last seasons problems were caused by people who hadn't been to Ewood for a while, why ban season ticket holders from relocating? Presumably the people who bought tickets for this area last year could do so again with similar consequences.

What problems actually happened? I sympathise with Glen earlier in the thread, but thats hardly indicative of the days events.

Another example of a non event that will go down in police folklore, keep up the good work chaps :angry2:

I think the main aggravation is that Bumley fans needs are being placed ahead of Rovers season ticket holders needs.

We all know why = £.

Saying that if it makes it easier to keep everyone's focus on the game and not staring over at 'the trouble' then so much the better.

I suspect the police are more to blame than the two clubs. Don't want to miss out on a big pay-day.

Maybe they should study how Man Utd/Man City cope with nearly 80,000 people getting to the game without the need for transport or stand closures.

Lancashire Police in overkill shocker? Surely not.

I wonder how they would have coped if (unlikely I know) Rovers v Burnley happened to be the play off final. The Met would be fine as they are with the likes of Millwall v West Ham and Arsenal v Spurs and whatnot! The travel down would be amusing!

Pity the police couldn't stop the idiots smashing up the toilets and casing thousands of pounds worth of damage at both grounds.

Instead they're busy standing around looking after open spaces from what I've seen.

As a Darwen End S/T Holder, I can't understand the need for a move at all given they haven't been allocated the whole stand - the half and half arrangement worked fine in the 2009 game without any trouble, and a superb atmosphere to boot!

Pity the police couldn't stop the idiots smashing up the toilets and casing thousands of pounds worth of damage at both grounds.

Instead they're busy standing around looking after open spaces from what I've seen.

They must have been told to stay off the big macs for the morning of the game at the turd this season. Instead they were in Tesco express up the road stocking up on bottles of pop, crisps and toffees by the bag load. Long hard day sat around in them vans :)

Archived