BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside 'not available for relocation' for Burnley game

barry_

Its a disgrace that the club should move its own supporters out of their seats for Burnley.

Totally unacceptable they should be keeping the Burnley's allocation down to a maximum of 1500 fans and no more.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the main aggravation is that Bumley fans needs are being placed ahead of Rovers season ticket holders needs.

We all know why = £.

Saying that if it makes it easier to keep everyone's focus on the game and not staring over at 'the trouble' then so much the better.

I don't understand in what way the club are prioritising Burnley fans rather than Rovers fans here. The additional restrictions in the Riverside are a reaction to the trouble there last season and that was clearly Rovers fans.

It has always been clear that Burnley would be given the whole of the Darwen End no matter how many tickets they sell. You can argue that maybe they shouldn't but that particular horse bolted a couple of seasons ago. It can't be a surprise to anyone with a season ticket in the Darwen End as that is the basis on which they bought their tickets.

Burnley will get a maximum of 4,200 tickets, which is well below the capacity of the Darwen End. This is because the limiting factor is the number of buses they can fit in the car park and not the number of tickets they can sell, although the Burnley fans at the meeting I was at a month or so ago doubted that they would sell out anyway. Given it's now live on TV this must be even less likely.

At that time the club had not decided how the layout of the Darwen End would be but I would be very surprised if they do not put them in the middle on both tiers and net off the sides in the same way that they are netting off the sides of the Riverside and the Jack Walker stands.

• Backroom

Its a disgrace that the club should move its own supporters out of their seats for Burnley.

Totally unacceptable they should be keeping the Burnley's allocation down to a maximum of 1500 fans and no more.

Its only a handful and only to do with policing

The ones being moved from the darwen end aren't being moved out of their seats as such as they sign up at the start of the season knowing they will be relocated for a few games

Still massive overkill and it only serves to make things more hostile than it would be I feel, I think come next season the actual passion around the game will really tail off but the police enforcement won't

the half and half arrangement worked fine in the 2009 game without any trouble, and a superb atmosphere to boot!

True, but then the 'make your own way' travel arrangements worked without any problems in 2005 and they put a stop to that as well. Behave or don't behave, they'll keep chipping away at this until it's behind closed doors, despite nothing of note happening for years.

I still enjoy the games at the Turf but they're nothing like they were. As an away fan at either game, it's the most tedious day of the season and I gave up on it a while ago. At least it's on the telly this time.

I don't understand in what way the club are prioritising Burnley fans rather than Rovers fans here.

Why then don't the allow Rovers fans to relocate where they like and leave swathes of empty seats at the corners of the Darwen End Lower?

Why then don't the allow Rovers fans to relocate where they like and leave swathes of empty seats at the corners of the Darwen End Lower?

They are allowing Rovers fans to relocate and they are leaving swathes of empty seats in both corners of the Darwen End Lower. I wasn't aware that they are not allowing season ticket holders from the Darwen End to move into the Riverside, so I'll ask about it at Fans Forum. I was aware that they were going to relocate a small number of Riverside ST holders in the affected blocks. At the meeting we asked that they should be allowed to sit either elsewhere in the Riverside or in the Blackburn End or the Jack Walker, to which they agreed.

The number of 4,200 is because that's the capacity of the buses they can physically fit into the car park behind the Darwen End, not the number of tickets they expect to sell. As I said above the option to split the Darwen end was a horse that bolted a few seasons ago and won't come back whilst there's still trouble at the games.

The number of 4,200 is because that's the capacity of the buses they can physically fit into the car park behind the Darwen End, not the number of tickets they expect to sell. As I said above the option to split the Darwen end was a horse that bolted a few seasons ago and won't come back whilst there's still trouble at the games.

Is our bus space the reason we only get 3,600 (?) at Turf Moor?

Is our bus space the reason we only get 3,600 (?) at Turf Moor?

4200 divided 6 then times 5 is 3500

interesting

I don't understand in what way the club are prioritising Burnley fans rather than Rovers fans here. The additional restrictions in the Riverside are a reaction to the trouble there last season and that was clearly Rovers fans.

It has always been clear that Burnley would be given the whole of the Darwen End no matter how many tickets they sell. You can argue that maybe they shouldn't but that particular horse bolted a couple of seasons ago. It can't be a surprise to anyone with a season ticket in the Darwen End as that is the basis on which they bought their tickets.

Burnley will get a maximum of 4,200 tickets, which is well below the capacity of the Darwen End. This is because the limiting factor is the number of buses they can fit in the car park and not the number of tickets they can sell, although the Burnley fans at the meeting I was at a month or so ago doubted that they would sell out anyway. Given it's now live on TV this must be even less likely.

At that time the club had not decided how the layout of the Darwen End would be but I would be very surprised if they do not put them in the middle on both tiers and net off the sides in the same way that they are netting off the sides of the Riverside and the Jack Walker stands.

Very poor form from the club !

Or the Blackburn End. I assume the club writes to you to give you your options.

Yeah I just read the letter. JW or BB end or bust!!!!!!

Since the rebuilding of the old ground the JW stand is the only side I haven't been in, so may plump for that purely for that reason.

Full of old grumblies, enjoy!

The EO4 section of the Riverside has been closed for this game. I received a letter telling me so. At first I was angry but later calmed down. I rang the club and relocated to the JW lower.

I'm old. I not only grumble but shout myself hoarse at times. Watch out anyone sitting near seat 13/147 in JW lower. :angry2:

I might just clobber you with my flask, especially if Lowe passes the ball backwards. B)

Heard a rumour today that Burnley are struggling to secure contracts with coach firms for the day due to incidents on past trips. Presumably all those banana skins and left behind shoes really wind up the drivers.

Something to do with back windows falling off the stationary buses in the Ewood coach park courtesy of the great unwashed no doubt.

• Backroom

Something to do with back windows falling off the stationary buses in the Ewood coach park courtesy of the great unwashed no doubt.

Yeah, last time they knocked a few coach windows out (onto passing cars, no less) going padt Golden Cup.

Archived