BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside 'not available for relocation' for Burnley game

barry_

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same as Rovers for wrecking theirs and busting seats i would think i.e They have to foot the repair bills.

Tearing up the seats at Turf Moor is actually doing them a favour, the people who do it should be paid for their labour

Thought the way the stewards and police handled it last year made the while situation a lot worse, they were pushing people who were simply trying to leave their seats from the first couple of rows. They cleared the front I of the stand but left the people to stay at the back giving our six fingered neighbours the chance to throw things across, loved the guy in the riverside who caught the bottle thrown at him then took if the lid an returned the favour.

Thought the way the stewards and police handled it last year made the while situation a lot worse, they were pushing people who were simply trying to leave their seats from the first couple of rows. They cleared the front I of the stand but left the people to stay at the back giving our six fingered neighbours the chance to throw things across, loved the guy in the riverside who caught the bottle thrown at him then took if the lid an returned the favour.

I think this post ends the debate.

Effectively the Riverside is too near the away fans and the rest of Ewood will easily hold the BRFC supporters in safety. Somebody getting hit on the head with a flying bottle etc and providing witnesses of last years events will probably have a strong claim for damages against the club. Duty of care and all that.... and there's plenty of the Ewood faithful that would dip their bread fully given that scenario.

So then surely you would further segregate the away section.

Look after your own ..

I thought that was a point of my post SAS. :rock:

Ewood is open for business that day and cutting down on revenue is commercial folly now that we are off the Prem gravy train. If the clarets can fill the DE then let them, cos with it being televised we will have no problems with suitable seating for our lot. Lets be honest the corner of Riverside offers the worst view in all of Ewood Park. imo If the club had said that the only seats available were in the Riverside corner the DE lot would have moaned like hell about that.

I do agree that the stewarding of the toilets and concourse needs beefing up for the match to prevent damage. Personally if I were pulling the strings I'd charter an aeroplane and pay a few bob to fly over a plane load of those ninja Poles that Wisla employ!

The ground will be at most 2/3 full so they are not going to cut away tickets which they can sell in favour of home tickets which they can't sell are they. We need the cash.

Whilst they continue to bus people in then they will never give them the whole Darren End because of the sheer logistics of it. 5k max so why don't/didn't they simply give them the whole upper and a couple of blocks in the lower middle just as they did on the famous 5 nil day. No bother then and it wouldn't matter if the end bock of the Riverside is a bit animated because they're too far away from each other. After all the keaning nonsense over tickets/transport/policing of this fixture did it never slightly occur to them last season that there might be a problem or two sticking them side by side in the ground, with the whole upper tier empty ?

Fine to close the end blocks of the Riverside, but why stop the DE people relocating anywhere in that stand?

Good point about the Cardiff/Swansea game, 5pm KO and are they being herded in on buses?

Just had a quick look at their respective web sites/local news. I do believe this is another game where the away fans are bussed in - certainly the reverse fixture last November stated you could only go on the official travel, no booze allowed, but that the travel was free. Think it's the same this Saturday.

Why there? Does that give you the best view of the match?

Personal preference I'm guessing?

The idea behind the group relocation was to get a block of un-occupied seats, so that a vocal group could stay together to back the team as usual. The far end of W02 was the perfect choice.

Personal preference I'm guessing?

The idea behind the group relocation was to get a block of un-occupied seats, so that a vocal group could stay together to back the team as usual. The far end of W02 was the perfect choice.

Somehow I doubt the rest of the JW Lower will agree.

Somehow I doubt the rest of the JW Lower will agree.

When I checked the seating plan there was barely anybody anywhere near where we are going... Most are on the Blackburn End side. The side we are in is practically empty barring the seats near to the dugouts, which we are nowhere near.

Hardly, Gordon. The only people really subbing anything at Rovers is Venkys.

But as you've brought it up, given the much better accomodation and actual facilities worth the description in the JW, compared to the Riverside, I'd say it's the great unwashed who are subsidising the Comfortable Blanketeers.

Oh, and while you've got your wallet out, perhaps you could pay for a hot water supply to be plumbed into the Riverside toilets.

Than'kyer Guv'ner. *tugs forelock*

• Moderation Lead

Careful Stuart..... rem the good people in the JW are 'quietly' subbing the great unwashed in the cheap seats.

Didn't you say you only go to games on free tickets though?

...and just like that...

...other than the feint scrape of thread-on-thread from a half-litre thermos, and the barely audible flutter of a Royal Stewart 54x54 unfurling...

...not for the first time this season in the JW...

...there was again...

...complete and utter...

...blissful...

*silence*

Hardly, Gordon. The only people really subbing anything at Rovers is Venkys.

But as you've brought it up, given the much better accomodation and actual facilities worth the description in the JW, compared to the Riverside, I'd say it's the great unwashed who are subsidising the Comfortable Blanketeers.

Oh, and while you've got your wallet out, perhaps you could pay for a hot water supply to be plumbed into the Riverside toilets.

Than'kyer Guv'ner. *tugs forelock*

And ensure an adequate supply of pies for half time.

It's the only opportunity most of us unwashed have of a wholesome weekly meal.

Why does one section of fans find it necessary to try gratuitously pick at and irritate other sections of the crowd? Are we not all supporters of the same team? Should we at least try to unite behind them?

Only a bit of fun, Al. :)

Bit harsh, DR. :(

Not really Stuart, there's been an underlying tone of late. I'm sure the comments weren't made in jest, if they were then I'd gladly hold my hand up.

However, I do feel us Riversiders are poor relations these days. I sit there because I have done so for many years, nowt to do with cost. I'm sure most others are the same.

Archived