BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro v Rovers - 8th Feb, KO 3 pm, Riverside Stadium

See what I did there, nothing controversial! Half tempted to go, where are all our reviewers?

Like to discuss forthcoming games.....so where do we think we are.....Boro are 12th, 4 pts behind, we have stalled, but we still have hopes, although finishing where we are now this season is an improvement on anything the Loons have given us so far.

Boro are a decent size club, on a bit of a run over Xmas, but their coach Karanka has been critical of their last few games, where they have dropped points. They did a bit of the Rovers, shipping out a lot of players in the transfer window, and bringing one or two in.

For me, keeping the winning mentality going is crucial, a difficult game, but we can do a Leeds, and win it......tough 1-0, 2-1 grind out, Killy mom, scores the winner!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 Rovers, Rhodes (2), Conway (1). Evans back my team will look like this....

Robinson

Kane, Killa, Hanley, Spurr

Conway, Cairney, Evans, King,

Rhodes, Gestede

This team I think is what will get us promoted next season but Marshall will be in instead of King and Conway switched sides. If King is injured then Lowe central and Cairney out wide

Given the conservative approach that Bowyer brings to the team, I think he'll start with Lowe and Evans in the middle - a bit more solid given we're away from home, with Cairney out wide (left!). For how long King has been out, I can't see him making the starting XI away from home.

Middlesbrough haven't won in 3 and Rovers haven't lost in 3, so if I was a betting man, I'd go for a score draw.

Doubt Evans will start. I can see us starting with the same side as last week and bringing Evans and Conway on in the 2nd half.

Phoned the ticket office and you can buy from the ground appatrantly. I think last time I was at Boro was when Matty Derbyshire scored that absolute pearler to win it late on.

Doubt Evans will start. I can see us starting with the same side as last week and bringing Evans and Conway on in the 2nd half.

Phoned the ticket office and you can buy from the ground appatrantly. I think last time I was at Boro was when Matty Derbyshire scored that absolute pearler to win it late on.

I was there that day, Only on as a sub but Santa Cruz looked a class above that day. I remember feeling feel then that Boro were destined for tough times, 1st game of season an a low crowd, absolute silence around the place from start to finish and a useless manager that the owner refused to sack.......

• Backroom

Only sold 400 according to the OneRovers twitter feed, which is pretty poor in my opinion - dread to think how many will make the trip to Bolton given that tickets are £28 (lower) and £33 (upper) :blink:

You'll still get us young'uns going to Bolton for £23. Although unfortunately that includes the masses of closet racists in our ranks :/

As for Boro, I wouldn't say that's poor given that we're still in a 'low pay' month (might just be where I work, mind) and we've had tremendous followings to various places. It's just 'not as excellent' as previously. Reckon we'll end up taking 600 or so to Boro and a 'not quite sellout' to Horwich.

You'll still get us young'uns going to Bolton for £23. Although unfortunately that includes the masses of closet racists in our ranks :/

What has racism got to do with Bolton?

As for Boro, I wouldn't say that's poor given that we're still in a 'low pay' month (might just be where I work, mind) and we've had tremendous followings to various places. It's just 'not as excellent' as previously. Reckon we'll end up taking 600 or so to Boro and a 'not quite sellout' to Horwich.

Are you Anderson in disguise? Why did you feel the need to fire that one at Rovers supporters? As far as I can see, there are closet and out in the open racists in all walks of society. I suspect Rovers support comprises all sorts, including anti racists, carpenters wives, social workers and folksingers!

• Backroom

Because at Bolton, for the duration of Coyle's time with both Burnley and Bolton, far too many scrotes were singing that revolting 'Owen Coyle s**** p****' song.

I've only ever heard it sung at Reebok, which is why I assume this particular game attracts the disgusting members of our fanbase.

It wasn't intending to tar all rovers fans, but it certainly reflects what I've seen and heard amongst the rovers following at this particular game.

Only sold 400 according to the OneRovers twitter feed, which is pretty poor in my opinion - dread to think how many will make the trip to Bolton given that tickets are £28 (lower) and £33 (upper) :blink:

Can't remember us ever taking a decent following there TBH! It's a dreadful lifeless ground plonked in a thoroughly depressing location. Probably one of the last fixtures I look for when they are announced pre-season.

Because at Bolton, for the duration of Coyle's time with both Burnley and Bolton, far too many scrotes were singing that revolting 'Owen Coyle s**** p****' song.

I've only ever heard it sung at Reebok, which is why I assume this particular game attracts the disgusting members of our fanbase.

It wasn't intending to tar all rovers fans, but it certainly reflects what I've seen and heard amongst the rovers following at this particular game.

Oh, that really is a thoroughly bad, embarrassing chant, all right. I am just off to see the wizard!

Can't remember us ever taking a decent following there TBH! It's a dreadful lifeless ground plonked in a thoroughly depressing location. Probably one of the last fixtures I look for when they are announced pre-season.

Totally agree about the ground and its location. Ayresome park, up at linthorpe, was a much nicer setting and didn't need that awful organised music and clapping to get going. Were debating whether to go as I usually do a visit the family tour at the same time, but I'm off work I'll at the moment and am not sure if a few hours on the banks of the Tees in the cold and rain is a good idea.

The new ground is in a horrible location. I remember 1 time in the 80s we had 4 or 5,000 at Aytesome for a top of the table clash. Can't remember anything about it apart from the away end being packed. Best place for pre match is Darlington I reckon, plenty of good pubs aound the station and 30 minutes from Boro on the train.

• Backroom

Or my dad's house for lunch before the match. Sadly not possible this year. The house is still there but my dad's not. Still plenty of aunties and cousins to visit, but not sure I want to this time round.

Sorry to hear that, Mrs C :/

Just noticed Williamson may be fit again, think we know what's coming and that won't boost the sales :(

Josh king out for a few weeks with a hamstring tear - not doing to well for wide-players in recent weeks - good job we can push Cairney out wide and Williamson can fill-in in the centre with Lowe - Oh no, wait a minute - that really, really, really doesn't work - ever :(

I did think about going to Boro when we were in the championship in 2000/1 but decided against.

Dave now you know one of the reasons why I want to escape the rat race of East London.

Over here in East London we have a ground that is also lifeless dreadful on the road to nowhere also in a thoroughly depressing part of East London,and isn't it ironic how every team that plays in claret and blue the area turns out to be a total dump.

The area in question is West Ham it has a nice ring to it West Ham the Middlesboro of london.

I can remember a game where we took a decent following there. Can't remember what year but remember Jason Roberts missing a chance to win it. It might of been a 0-0 but think that's the only time in recent years we've took a good following there

Archived