BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro v Rovers - 8th Feb, KO 3 pm, Riverside Stadium

Here's a wild idea... Why not drop Lowe AND Williamson and play Cairney & Dunn in the middle. Not going to happen of course but just in case Gary has one of his crazy spurts of positivety (e.g. Leeds).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

* Reaches for tin hat

In a tight game played in midfield I would drop the injured king for Conway and play Rudy up front with Dunny in behind...resting (not dropping) Rhodes who to me looks tired and out of sorts..perhaps a "rest" will rejuvenate him and give him the proverbial kick up the backside? He's missed some sitters recently by his standards!!

Robbo

Kane, Hanley, Killa, Spurr

Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Conway

Dunn

Rudy

This formation keeps that creativity in the side and an extra pair of albeit old (sorry Dunny) legs in the side!!

It's an idea but its one that everytime I toy with in my mind he comes out and gets back in scoring form the next game

Its a big game and there's a few ways we could go about it, I think the manager will see it as a game he wants a point in rather than all 3 so Dunn will be rested with Lowe and Willybobs back in the middle

Hope Dabo gets some time but I can't see him ever getting a game once Evans is back he's likely to be behind Evans, Lowe, Williamson and Dunn

Here's a wild idea... Why not drop Lowe AND Williamson and play Cairney & Dunn in the middle. Not going to happen of course but just in case Gary has one of his crazy spurts of positivety (e.g. Leeds).

And after the first 10 minutes when both are knackered then what?

Neither can last 90 minutes and neither has a tackle between them. On the other hand stats showed that Lowe and Williamson didn't get a tackle in the other week so what does that matter?

If Dunn had played a full ninety he would have been nailed on for the MOM him Robinson along with Hanley looked the only prem players on the pitch.

Agree about Best also.

How did you think Lowe played (many peoples MOM) ?

* Reaches for tin hat

In a tight game played in midfield I would drop the injured king for Conway and play Rudy up front with Dunny in behind...resting (not dropping) Rhodes who to me looks tired and out of sorts..perhaps a "rest" will rejuvenate him and give him the proverbial kick up the backside? He's missed some sitters recently by his standards!!

Robbo

Kane, Hanley, Killa, Spurr

Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Conway

Dunn

Rudy

This formation keeps that creativity in the side and an extra pair of albeit old (sorry Dunny) legs in the side!!

It would be a gamble - but if he started with this team I wouldn't argue too much. It then leaves us to replace Dunn with Rhodes - who hopefully will have more joy against a tiring defence.

How did you think Lowe played (many peoples MOM) ?

He ran around a lot but never really set the team up at all played the odd decent sideways pass and won the odd challenge. But Blackpool had no one in the middle to test him.

Grant Hanley made more of a positive contribution to the team by protecting the keeper and popping up with a goal from a set piece.

Come on Rovers, lets grab a win today. Conway did enough for me to warrant a place today. Kane had a mutch better game also. Hope Evans is fit. Spurr worries me with his positional play so I'd give Henley a try at LB. Taylor was poor last week so bench warming for him. Our midfield could be very good but I don't think we are getting the best out of them so I'd try Lowe RM.

If Evans isn't fit I'd put Taylor RM and Lowe CM. Bit experimental and could easily be pulled to bits but nothing ventured.......

Robbo, Kane, Killy, Hanley, Henley, Lowe Cairney Evans Conway Dunn Gestede (4-4-1-1)

This was taken at that game-few posters on here I can recognise.

7622_154803710897_628957_n.jpg

I dropped my fave digital camera when Derbyshire scored, I used to take it to all the games :(

Den and I in that shot Ozzie, great day. IIRC Downing scored early on, Boro went very negative, Benni collapsed, Roque entered and we scored 2 great late goals. Fantastic day! Its one of our more productive away grounds too, got a few wins there over the years.

And after the first 10 minutes when both are knackered then what?

Neither can last 90 minutes and neither has a tackle between them. On the other hand stats showed that Lowe and Williamson didn't get a tackle in the other week so what does that matter?

They wouldn't be. Emphasis should be on retaining possession anyway... Not chasing shadows e.g. Lowe & Williamson. Yes I understand you need a ball winner, a cleaner up, someone to do the dirty work but until we actually have one then I'd rather see us press high, and keep the ball as much as we possibly can.

They wouldn't be. Emphasis should be on retaining possession anyway... Not chasing shadows e.g. Lowe & Williamson. Yes I understand you need a ball winner, a cleaner up, someone to do the dirty work but until we actually have one then I'd rather see us press high, and keep the ball as much as we possibly can.

and leak goals for fun!

CLOSE! - Crystal Palace 0-0 West Brom

Big chance for West Brom to take an early lead. Chris Brunt clips a pass over the top, Scott Dann lets it go past him and Victor Anichebe eats up the ground to get there first, clipping a shot in which is well saved by Julian Speroni. Very casual from debutant Dann.

(From BBC) Sounds like Dann isn't putting much effort in at Palace either.

Den and I in that shot Ozzie, great day. IIRC Downing scored early on, Boro went very negative, Benni collapsed, Roque entered and we scored 2 great late goals. Fantastic day! Its one of our more productive away grounds too, got a few wins there over the years.

Nearly six years ago that now Baz :( We had a real purple patch on the North East then, winning at Newcastle Sunderland and Boro.

Archived