BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that is 3 clean sheets since his return. 7 games, including two against Man City? So from 5 leagues games he has kept 3 clean sheets.

That really shows the importance of a goalkeeper that gives the defenders confidence in my opinion. Westwood looks a little on the small side to me and Kean was a bit eratic but obviously had some raw talent. Maybe with Robinson around for another year they will both benefit.

No, I'd say Brad was a legend too.

Brad was a legend, Robbo's a decent keeper but a legend ? Not for me. Having said that it's great to have him back, his experience is invaluable. We've had a few as good over the years. Roger Jones, Jim Arnold, Terry Gennoe to name just a few. Was Tim Flowers a legend ? Probably.

Regarding the importance of goalkeepers- for me it's the most important position on the pitch, nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper.

Robbo has been very similar to Dann for us in my opinion. More than enough ability for this level but inconsistent and generally underperforming. But because of that ability and proven experience, capable of being a match winner in the way Kean/Eastwood aren't (and I suspect Kilgallon probably won't be).

I'm a big fan of Robbo (who in the Darwen End isn't) but he owes us a good run now. He's been getting paid a decent whack since he got here and the club/fans have supported him through a long injury. Time to step up and show everyone what he can really do, and Boro plus Doncaster at home are hopefully the first steps.

Robbo has been very similar to Dann for us in my opinion. More than enough ability for this level but inconsistent and generally underperforming. But because of that ability and proven experience, capable of being a match winner in the way Kean/Eastwood aren't (and I suspect Kilgallon probably won't be).

I'm a big fan of Robbo (who in the Darwen End isn't) but he owes us a good run now. He's been getting paid a decent whack since he got here and the club/fans have supported him through a long injury. Time to step up and show everyone what he can really do, and Boro plus Doncaster at home are hopefully the first steps.

Owes us? As with all keepers he has good and bad times, but he was an International, and is streets ahead of the other two.....can't blame him for wages, he came when we were in PL, and at a market rate (unlike the Fulham two). Long injury ....nearly died, two different things IMO, good to have him back at this level.

Owes us? As with all keepers he has good and bad times, but he was an International, and is streets ahead of the other two.....can't blame him for wages, he came when we were in PL, and at a market rate (unlike the Fulham two). Long injury ....nearly died, two different things IMO, good to have him back at this level.

Well exactly, he was an International and very good for the level above this at one point. How often at Rovers has he looked like a very good PL keeper? I know he had a tough act to follow there were instances right from the start where he looked amateurish at times compared to Friedel.

This is gonna sound heartless but they're not 2 different things when it comes to just thinking about Rovers. Either way we've paid an employee his full wage for being off work for a year and given him his old job back within weeks of coming back. How many people in real life get that luxury, whether they nearly died or not? Maybe some in the public sector, but you'd be bloody lucky in the private sector.

So yeah I think he owes us. But then I thought Grella, DJ Campbell and one or 2 others owed us. Maybe footballers don't think that way.

Well exactly, he was an International and very good for the level above this at one point. How often at Rovers has he looked like a very good PL keeper? I know he had a tough act to follow there were instances right from the start where he looked amateurish at times compared to Friedel.

This is gonna sound heartless but they're not 2 different things when it comes to just thinking about Rovers. Either way we've paid an employee his full wage for being off work for a year and given him his old job back within weeks of coming back. How many people in real life get that luxury, whether they nearly died or not? Maybe some in the public sector, but you'd be bloody lucky in the private sector.

So yeah I think he owes us. But then I thought Grella, DJ Campbell and one or 2 others owed us. Maybe footballers don't think that way.

Aye, you're right about two things, yes heartless re: Robbo, bob on about the others

Archived