BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

I would love Robbo to go to the WC, play brilliantly and get bought by someone for £10M.

Who need the third round of the FA cup with romantic notions like that. :rolleyes:

How about...

I would love Robbo to go to the WC, play brilliantly and come back, finding some real form for Rovers, spurning other offers because he has a real appreciation of what's important in life, following his long illness, and knows the grass isn't always greener.

Both are pipe dreams but I think I'd prefer that version.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who need the third round of the FA cup with romantic notions like that. :rolleyes:

How about...

Both are pipe dreams but I think I'd prefer that version.

You'd prefer Robbo to stay and have a 'realisation on what's important in life', than make £10m on him and get him off the wage bill?

Christ Stuart I'm glad you aren't manager ^_^

You'd prefer Robbo to stay and have a 'realisation on what's important in life', than make £10m on him and get him off the wage bill?

They are pipe dreams James. You don't have to compare them with the current reality situation.

Or have either of the 2 keepers in the team and have no chance, however slim, of progressing towards the dream of premiership football?

Keep those daydreams alive Stuart! COYB!

• Backroom

Absolutely no question we made a major mistake starting the season with Kean/Eastwood as our only available goalkeepers. Neither have the experience or quality necessary to positively influence the team and Kean in particular cost us a lot of points with some absolutely ridiculous mistakes.

Having Robbo back is fantastic but we really do need a better back up. Kean and Eastwood could both do with being loaned out to lower divisions and a keeper with some experience brought in to provide cover for Robbo.

Absolutely no question we made a major mistake starting the season with Kean/Eastwood as our only available goalkeepers. Neither have the experience or quality necessary to positively influence the team and Kean in particular cost us a lot of points with some absolutely ridiculous mistakes.

Having Robbo back is fantastic but we really do need a better back up. Kean and Eastwood could both do with being loaned out to lower divisions and a keeper with some experience brought in to provide cover for Robbo.

Absolutely. Just think where we would be now-even with our "average" performances-without Kean's howlers.

• 3 weeks later...

Robbo has had one poor game since coming back from a serious illness, the Burnley game.

Otherwise, and I think most regular attendees of matches will agree, he has been excellent since he returned, he has kept us in a few games eg Boro away, and has been our best player. He richly deserved his nomination for the player of the month award.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived