BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'd never sign for them, it's pure hatred" he said something along them lines when he was on sky when we played the dingles, don't blame him for going there as obviously no other club was willing to take a punt on him or else he'd have been signed time ago, burnley have Gilks injured so Robbo going in as back up for Heaton but I'm sure he doesn't mind being a number 2 and picking up a wage at the end of his career, good luck to him but if he plays against us I'm sure that would be interesting haha!

Must be some serious 'bants' on this thread.

Can't wish anything but good luck to Robbo. He was great when he was here in his prime, he backed the fans when there were protests against Venkys and now he needs a job. Probably locally.

Dyche is no mug. He'll be on a reasonable basic and will have a playing bonus but his character, persona, and experience will be good for them in the dressing room. The only potential threat is if Burnley fans get on his case but they have a recent history of taking ex-Rovers players in and setting about making them look decent.

This is what I don't quite get about Rovers fans - presumably it's me at fault - but if we signed up even Charlie Austin there'd be outrage.

Can't wish anything but good luck to Robbo. He was great when he was here in his prime, he backed the fans when there were protests against Venkys and now he needs a job. Probably locally.

Dyche is no mug. He'll be on a reasonable basic and will have a playing bonus but his character, persona, and experience will be good for them in the dressing room. The only potential threat is if Burnley fans get on his case but they have a recent history of taking ex-Rovers players in and setting about making them look decent.

This is what I don't quite get about Rovers fans - presumably it's me at fault - but if we signed up even Charlie Austin there'd be outrage.

Not banter ! He judas from now on .

Not banter ! He judas from now on .

Bonkers though. Should he just struggle by on no income indefinitely while watching the last couple of years of his career time out?

Granted he's probably a millionaire but, unless he's made some very sound investments, that won't last forever unless he changes his lifestyle.

If he'd joined any of the other 90 clubs in the league I'd wish him all the best. How any Rovers fan can wish him the best after joining the one club out of 92 we hate more than any I don't know.

If he wants to play I'm sure he could go somewhere in League One or Two and play every week. He's joined Burnley where barring injuries he's not going to be playing, he's just going to be collecting a wage.

I don't want Rovers to sign any player that has worn a Burnley shirt. I don't care whether that's Shane Duffy, Nathan Delfouneso or Charlie Austin.

Just like any ex Rovers player who choses to go and play for them has no respect from me at all.

Bonkers though. Should he just struggle by on no income indefinitely while watching the last couple of years of his career time out?

Granted he's probably a millionaire but, unless he's made some very sound investments, that won't last forever unless he changes his lifestyle.

Hasn't he been eating for a living for 3 years?

He always come across as one of the fans .., he was even on TV saying he'd never play for that lot.

Income or no income just shows what a money grabbing mercaneries footballers are .

Talk about sticking two fingers up at us rovers fans .

I'm totally indifferent, I long ago stopped thinking that footballers gave two hoots about a club once they'd left it- christ a lot of them don't give a stuff WHILST they are there.

I look at it as a two way street, players mean nothing to me aside from hopefully doing a job for my club, if they can't do that, get rid. So if the player does the same to us? Well that's the game!

Can't blame him. He was treated like sh1t here.

He was out for 10 months due to his illness in 2013-14, a time that could have been much longer for all the club knew. And the club never tried to push for a reduced contract, sell him or properly replace him. All of which would have been tempting due to his very high wage for the Championship. When he finally recovered he went straight back in to the first team.

I'm pleased that was the case, it was a life-threatening illness and I'm glad we treated him well. But we did treat him well, haemorrhaging money as we were at the time after relegation and with one of our top earners unavailable, already past his best and possibly having to retire.

Archived