BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know that he wanted out? He didn't let it show in his performances, in which he was excellent.

He read nixons twitter

Do you think he'll get 'out foxed' by the Leicester manager next week?

See what I did there?

He will get brushed aside

Abbey knocked me all you want, I couldn't give a toss tbh.

Nixon is a good source of info, just like Kamy, Mani, J*B and Paul Wheelock are aswell.

Al, you need to have stability at the club before you can challenge for promotion.

Look at Leicester who have had stability in the manager seat and their owners stood by Pearson for 3 seasons, and now are going up.

This season was about having stability in the manager seat and building a squad to challenge for promotion next season. you CANNOT EXPECT promotion after 3 previous seasons of TURMOIL at the club. why are fans so impatience tho?

Nixon is a good source of info, just like Kamy, Mani, J*B and Paul Wheelock are aswell.

Al, you need to have stability at the club before you can challenge for promotion.

Look at Leicester who have had stability in the manager seat and their owners stood by Pearson for 3 seasons, and now are going up.

This season was about having stability in the manager seat and building a squad to challenge for promotion next season. you CANNOT EXPECT promotion after 3 previous seasons of TURMOIL at the club. why are fans so impatience tho?

maybe because the owners and management said that was the target

You can't just keep using the word stability and expecting it to overwrite any other points. We had "stability in the manager seat" with Kean, was you saying the same then?

There are reasons why people become, as you define it, impatient. Yes, Bowyer has made some good signings, and we do have a good squad at this level. Yet he cannot utilise it properly. He doesn't seem to know his best team, and that isn't just because of injuries, he doesn't seem to have a specific style of play that he likes to adopt, the players often don't seem to understand their roles, Wednesday v Bournemouth was a prime example, we often got it at the back, there was no

movement, the defenders seemed under instruction to go long but seemed reluctant to do so.

We have some good attacking players but he cannot get the best from them. Before yesterday, we had scored I think 7 in 10 games. He keeps alternating between Rhodes and Gestede and one up front, without seemingly changing the gameplan or tactics, as if he is waiting for a particular formation to suddenly work.

He insists on playing 2 holding midfielders, and wasting our most creative player in Cairney on the wing, where he is ineffective. Yet he doesn't learn to change this. Rhodes plays much better with someone just off him, with the ball to feet rather than in the air, yet Bowyer can't see this. He is often outfoxed by tactical changes by the opposition manager, eg against Burnley.

For me, we have the base of a decent squad next year. However, I feel that Bowyer isn't the man to extract the most from it. Every time we have the potential to push on and really challenge the play off places, we falter. Why is he so reluctant to sign a leader?

No doubt your response will not acknowledge these points. I am just being negative, impatient and need to understand what an amazing job Bowyer is doing and the stability he is giving us.

You've used Pearson as a means to back up your argument a few times now. Let's see:

He gets Leicester promoted from League One then gets them into the Championship Play-Offs the following season. This is where he gets some credit in the reputation bank. Then, of course, his club who were so keen to stand by him - presumably due to the need for stability - then bin him off to Hull. But let's gloss over that bit.

Then he comes back and not having a full season, finishes 9th. The following season, his first full season, he gets Leicester into the play-offs again then misses out.

Prior to all this, he was also on the first team staff at a number of PL clubs prior to that. All this contributes to a track record which suggests that 9th was the blip and he was proven to be capable of better.

Now, what similarities do you see between Pearson and Bowyer? Apart from blind faith and a sense of loyalty to all things Rovers. In my opinion, 9th would be a great success to Bowyer and I'm not convinced he can do better. Hopefully I am proved wrong during the remainder of this season.

why are fans so impatience tho?

I can think of about 50-70 million reasons, perhaps you've forgotten. We may have reduced the quality of the playing staff but is the debt coming down? We are 'impatient' as you put it, because we need to give Venkys our PL money so that when we are then relegated we might not go under.

I heard of fellow Liverpudlian soccer players (they all know each other) that Dann wanted a move, if he could get one. However no move came about in the summer at all, just rumours. So he started the season with us knowing he would have to play well to turn rumours into a concrete bid. Hence the perception from some that he was our best defender, he was playing for a move. Even the transfer itself took time and was dragged out, mainly as Palace weren't willing to pay him what we were (I believe). But the cold reality is he left us for a little bit less money. It hardly smells of someone committed to Rovers.

However on the flip side Chaddy this is what happens when you act the way you do on here. You are telling the truth to the best of my knowledge but no-one believes you in any way shape or form because of your previous history. Something to reflect on as we all should on here as to our decorum at times.

I heard of fellow Liverpudlian soccer players (they all know each other) that Dann wanted a move, if he could get one. However no move came about in the summer at all, just rumours. So he started the season with us knowing he would have to play well to turn rumours into a concrete bid. Hence the perception from some that he was our best defender, he was playing for a move. Even the transfer itself took time and was dragged out, mainly as Palace weren't willing to pay him what we were (I believe). But the cold reality is he left us for a little bit less money. It hardly smells of someone committed to Rovers.

However on the flip side Chaddy this is what happens when you act the way you do on here. You are telling the truth to the best of my knowledge but no-one believes you in any way shape or form because of your previous history. Something to reflect on as we all should on here as to our decorum at times.

Yes but it is good to vent the spleen now and then

We have had such a turbulent few years.

Bowyer has frustrated me many times this season with his decisions, but I think we should stick with him.

I would give him pre-season and the whole of next season with the team he has built.

FFP is being looked at cos the Football League is worried of legal challenge. source is Kamy twitter page.

Roverandout, dig all you want. I couldn't give a toss about it tbh.

Maj, what previous history??? and what way do I act like???

All I do, is come on the messageboard and give my opinions. just like every other members does. I cant keep help it if some people don't like me cos I don't always agree with their views.

FFP is being looked at cos the Football League is worried of legal challenge. source is Kamy twitter page.

Roverandout, dig all you want. I couldn't give a toss about it tbh.

Maj, what previous history??? and what way do I act like???

All I do, is come on the messageboard and give my opinions. just like every other members does. I cant keep help it if some people don't like me cos I don't always agree with their views.

im-a-victim-of-my-imagination.gifi

humour chaddy its a joke before you say im being nasty.

Since it's Sunday

This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

or

there's none so blind as those that won't see

Utter rubbish. He didn't show signs of not wanting to be here as he was our best defender.

A bit naive that. No players are loyal to any club and all players want to play in the Prem, and all agents want their clients in the Prem and thats that.

How do you know that he wanted out? He didn't let it show in his performances, in which he was excellent.

Quite simply he had put himself in the shop window.

doesn't mean jack chaddy, I can bet your bottom dollar hanley and Rhodes wont be here next season

I'll add a rider and bet that if they leave it will only be to the Prem.

You used the S word AGAIN 3 times. Thrice AAARRRGGHHHH.

Archived