BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Whoo there mate, calm down, relax and count to ten, Deep breaths.

Nice and slow breaths, find your happy place.

hopefully your stability will return soon!

;)

Basteward!

what wrong with the word "Stability"???!!!!

It's been repeated so many times on here that it's getting on my nerves.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's Sunday

This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

or

there's none so blind as those that won't see

Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone. :tu:

Scott dann has been looking to leave rovers for a while, southampton in the summer was rumored. He's been trying to get out for a while and was always going to. There was no decision from afar, a team met his terms and he went asap as he didn't want to be here.

Not questioning any of that merely wondering how we managed not to get some cover in seeing as we bring in replacements when our widemen get injured. If you knew he wanted out and i knew it too then surely the club knew it?

Incidentally i am quite content with him leaving just not the timing - unless Bowyer knew he could get Keane but only after a certain date?

I also must admit that i like Stuarts idea of judging Bowyer between now and the end of the season. A lot has happened - both good and bad but ultimately all we want to know is that our manager can put out a team that wins more than it loses and always runs its collective nads off...

Catching up after a footy free weekend, delighted we won, good for JR to get back on the scoring trail, good to stop the rot.....voted to keep GB till season end only due to a salient point by Kamy.......too many sycophants in and around the Loons......so getting rid of GB could/will result in another left field/wrong appointment to succeed.

As such, Gary is the best person at the moment. If we, as fans, had any inkling they would "do the right thing" (feck off is ideal/appoint an appropriately experienced manager as an alternative), then it might be different.

As always, the Loons are the problem.

Abbey knocked me all you want, I couldn't give a toss tbh.

Nixon is a good source of info, just like Kamy, Mani, J*B and Paul Wheelock are aswell.

Al, you need to have stability at the club before you can challenge for promotion.

Look at Leicester who have had stability in the manager seat and their owners stood by Pearson for 3 seasons, and now are going up.

This season was about having stability in the manager seat and building a squad to challenge for promotion next season. you CANNOT EXPECT promotion after 3 previous seasons of TURMOIL at the club. why are fans so impatience tho?

Do you remember the night you were kidnapped by aliens and brain-washed?

what wrong with the word "Stability"???!!!!

Its shorthand for "not going up".

GB is obviously good at spotting and bringing in some very cheap half decent young players BUT can he do owt with them ? Can he mould them into a team, find a system to play to their strengths and complete the jigsaw or just throw them willy nilly into his system and keep swapping them around just hoping it works ?

Do you remember the night you were kidnapped by aliens and brain-washed?

Its shorthand for "not going up".

more insults from you. Pathetic that all you can say to me all because I DONT agree with your view

No its not. its because we need Stability on the field and off it before we can get promotion. we now have this.

Sorry Al btw.

• Backroom

At least bowyer is showing the probability of having the ability to have bouncebackability along with stability if not mental agility!

Giggity!

Insults? Not really, just amiable banter which you should take in your stride.On a more serious level, please read this and absorb:WE WILL NEVER EVER HAVE STABILITY WHILE WE ARE OWNED BY THE RAOS.

And we won't have a club when we aren't.

I honestly wonder which billionaire sheikh some fans think is waiting eagerly to buy us. And where he was when we were up for sale for years as a premiership team.

I just voted id keep him as manager for next season. Not going to hide - always stand by your convictions.

I genuinely believe we need to have some consistency at the club. Time to rebuild. The mess our owners has created is just horrific. There is no doubt part of Bowyers remit is to cut the wage bill, the number of overpaid and under performing players was unsustainable however you look at it.

Bowyer has been in my view pretty successful in finding decent young players. They do seem to have a good attitude.

There is no doubt he has made mistakes - not having a back up central defender a good example especially when you consider one of our central defenders has a pretty dodgy injury history. Tactically he is learning.

What I genuinely think it cannot be underestimated is the effect injuries have had as well. We have lost key players almost every time we have built up any kind of momentum. Never mind the fact we started the season with a few not available - our best goalkeeper probably the key one. I don't know if anyone would disagree if we had had him fit for the whole of this season I think we would possibly be in a play off position. If we had the fortune this season that Burnley have had with injuries I do think we would easily be in the play offs.

If you take out the names of players who are deadwood then our squad is not that huge. If he can get rid then it certainly improves the wage bill

The way I see it we do need to strengthen this summer - if Bowyer is allowed to bring in players his recent transfer record suggests we would be stronger next season than this. With a bit of luck we would have a better season where injuries are concerned.

For me the biggest issue isn't Bowyer - its the financial mess the clubs owners have created. They do seem to be slowly putting in place senior management that are experienced in football above Bowyer. Clarity is needed from our owners how the huge debt over the club is to be serviced. FFP is looming - if it is enforced then after this summer we could face difficulties getting in more players. Funnily enough the worry of FFP is another reason why I want to keep Bowyer at least until next season. He seems to be capable of spotting good young players - him being in place over summer might be very beneficial. If as the season progresses he doesn't seem to have learnt or is learning on the tactical front then maybe the club could look at his position. The key though is you need decent experienced people on the board of the club making the decisions concerning managerial appointments. Without that there is another training wreck waiting. We cant take any more - if that is the club is able to get over the previous wrecks.

And we won't have a club when we aren't.

I honestly wonder which billionaire sheikh some fans think is waiting eagerly to buy us. And where he was when we were up for sale for years as a premiership team.

Eventually we won't have a club if Raos stay. Next crisis is always round the corner.

I can't see any evidence that he is learning tactically - he seems to be stagnating tactically to me.

Two of the last 4 games have been among the worst I've witnessed from a Rovers team in the last few years.

Our goal difference compared to those above us in the table is terrible - we are far too defensive-minded against teams we should be taking the game to and if we go behind, Bowyer really struggles to turn things around.

I don't buy the "injuries" argument either. Whoever is in the team is told how to approach the game by the manager / coaching staff.

It isn't a case of the players getting into the right attacking positions and not being able to execute because they are poor players (well sometimes it is!), it's a case of sideways passing across the back and then a hoof forwards and fingers crossed.

We break out of defence at snail's pace or stand there hoping the ball comes to us. Bowyer brought a lot of players to the club, had a full pre-season and all of this season. At no point have we been in the top six or even looked like we should be.

I honestly struggle to see what aspects of our play people enjoy so much that they want to give Bowyer next season as well.

Eventually we won't have a club if Raos stay. Next crisis is always round the corner.

Eventually they may well mess up again, or it may prove that we are too far gone to save. But if they put Venky's London Ltd into Administration it is very likely that we will not have a club within months.

In terms of losing Rovers I would take eventually and maybe with Venkys, rather than probably and within months without them. But that doesn't seem to be the popular view. Maybe people know about a crazy, rich Blackburn Fan waiting in the wings that I am not aware of. Or maybe they are just blinded by hate.

I just voted id keep him as manager for next season. Not going to hide - always stand by your convictions.

I genuinely believe we need to have some consistency at the club. Time to rebuild. The mess our owners has created is just horrific. There is no doubt part of Bowyers remit is to cut the wage bill, the number of overpaid and under performing players was unsustainable however you look at it.

Bowyer has been in my view pretty successful in finding decent young players. They do seem to have a good attitude.

There is no doubt he has made mistakes - not having a back up central defender a good example especially when you consider one of our central defenders has a pretty dodgy injury history. Tactically he is learning.

What I genuinely think it cannot be underestimated is the effect injuries have had as well. We have lost key players almost every time we have built up any kind of momentum. Never mind the fact we started the season with a few not available - our best goalkeeper probably the key one. I don't know if anyone would disagree if we had had him fit for the whole of this season I think we would possibly be in a play off position. If we had the fortune this season that Burnley have had with injuries I do think we would easily be in the play offs.

If you take out the names of players who are deadwood then our squad is not that huge. If he can get rid then it certainly improves the wage bill

The way I see it we do need to strengthen this summer - if Bowyer is allowed to bring in players his recent transfer record suggests we would be stronger next season than this. With a bit of luck we would have a better season where injuries are concerned.

For me the biggest issue isn't Bowyer - its the financial mess the clubs owners have created. They do seem to be slowly putting in place senior management that are experienced in football above Bowyer. Clarity is needed from our owners how the huge debt over the club is to be serviced. FFP is looming - if it is enforced then after this summer we could face difficulties getting in more players. Funnily enough the worry of FFP is another reason why I want to keep Bowyer at least until next season. He seems to be capable of spotting good young players - him being in place over summer might be very beneficial. If as the season progresses he doesn't seem to have learnt or is learning on the tactical front then maybe the club could look at his position. The key though is you need decent experienced people on the board of the club making the decisions concerning managerial appointments. Without that there is another training wreck waiting. We cant take any more - if that is the club is able to get over the previous wrecks.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

I also think that the Williamson & Lowe criticism is a bit of a red herring going forward.

When everyone's fully fit, we have to pick a midfield out of Cairney, Marshall, Conway, King, Dunn, Evans, Lowe and Williamson. A bit more luck with injuries next year, and there's no chance of Williamson and Lowe being played as a partnership.

Archived