BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Why does everyone attribute injuries to luck?

I think I know where you might be going with that...when things are going well, players overcome niggles etc?

That could be the case with a few,for all I know, but the tackle on Evans in the Northern Ireland match was a bit nasty. Nothing psychological about that one. Robinson's near death thing certainly falls under the heading of bad luck, I think...

I remember when we had loads of injuries under Hodgson, people spoke of a pattern. Was it training methods, psychological in a losing side or bad luck etc?

All the same, I can't help comparing it to the situation with Dyche's confident, Burnley side.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why does everyone attribute injuries to luck?

Because impact injuries (Marshall, Gestede, Rochina, Evans) and an almost lethal blood clot (Robbo) are very little to do with fitness :P

Eventually they may well mess up again, or it may prove that we are too far gone to save. But if they put Venky's London Ltd into Administration it is very likely that we will not have a club within months.

In terms of losing Rovers I would take eventually and maybe with Venkys, rather than probably and within months without them. But that doesn't seem to be the popular view. Maybe people know about a crazy, rich Blackburn Fan waiting in the wings that I am not aware of. Or maybe they are just blinded by hate.

How many clubs that you know have gone to the wall? it simply won't happen here, far too many people ready to pickup the pieces.

Those idiots in Pune need to go, and the supporters should be letting them know not hoping they'll stay FFS!

How many clubs that you know have gone to the wall? it simply won't happen here, far too many people ready to pickup the pieces.

Those idiots in Pune need to go, and the supporters should be letting them know not hoping they'll stay FFS!

Pompey are probably the nearest example, you're right. I can't believe that our best option is looking forward to an away day trip to Fleetwood however, FFS!

I think I know where you might be going with that...when things are going well, players overcome niggles etc?

That could be the case with a few,for all I know, but the tackle on Evans in the Northern Ireland match was a bit nasty. Nothing psychological about that one. Robinson's near death thing certainly falls under the heading of bad luck, I think...

I remember when we had loads of injuries under Hodgson, people spoke of a pattern. Was it training methods, psychological in a losing side or bad luck etc?

All the same, I can't help comparing it to the situation with Dyche's confident, Burnley side.

Did we have the same number of injuries under Sam?

Because impact injuries (Marshall, Gestede, Rochina, Evans) and an almost lethal blood clot (Robbo) are very little to do with fitness :P

how many soft tissue injuries have we had this season are we now on 5 hamstrings? Henley, King, Hanley and some of those twice now.

I'd be very interested to hear your reasoning for that statement.

Did we have the same number of injuries under Sam?

how many soft tissue injuries have we had this season are we now on 5 hamstrings? Henley, King, Hanley and some of those twice now.

Mike is correct IMO with those that he highlighted, surely you can't question that?

The rest I agree with you, could it be down to the training regime or individual player's state of mind?

For example, I did hear that Scott Dann declared himself unfit for the City replay but yet the following day trained like a man possessed with no hint of an injury.

If Sheikh of the Rovers makes it known he wants to buy us I may think differently - but as it stands I think trying to get venkys out is biting the hand that is stopping us being a pub team (FFS)

Mike is correct IMO with those that he highlighted, surely you can't question that?

The rest I agree with you, could it be down to the training regime or individual player's state of mind?

For example, I did hear that Scott Dann declared himself unfit for the City replay but yet the following day trained like a man possessed with no hint of an injury.

Care to explain your reasoning then, rather than just saying, I'm wrong, because?

I'm happy to debate it, but you need to bring a reason to the table so it can be discussed. You both made rather strong statements that I'm wrong to have said what I have, so explain why I'm wrong.

Chaddy, can I just point out that there is nothing at all stable, in business terms, of losing circa 2million per month. I appreciate that amount may have fallen slightly of late but the club financially is in a real pickle. Until the fans have clearer understanding of that issue, most would never use the word stability in anyway regarding the club.

Yes we have kept the same manager. He remains very new however and so do some support staff. We have also changed many of the playing staff. There is nothing stable about doing any of that either. Meanwhile a bad hair day for Abbeys favourite lady and Bowyer will be clearing his desk. He might have even gone this week if losing to Huddersfield and Leicester.

Off-field, without documented proof, it is reasonable to think we struggle to generate the same programme, lottery, concourse, perimeter board, corporate and merchandising funds. Selling anything to do with these owners will be very tricky and those judged in those areas will be struggling and unhappy. Unstable, cloudy and confusing times for club employees, working somewhere with no defined career path or security. Our core is unstable.

Interestingly, the most stable thing about the club at the moment remains us having the same owners. Comical really. Many other owners take a back seat, rarely speak, or ask for the limelight and I understand fully why they are happier this way. Busy people with many interests who view their clubs in priority with other activities, often far more profitable than the football. Equally they still have a presence, either in person or a representative and are never far away. We just have an empty space, shadowed by a PNE fan. It's almost like they don't exist.

Sorry pal, there's nothing stable about the Rovers. There's little stable about football at the best of times. Transient industry that if you stand still in you go backwards rapido.

I'm not having a dig at you. Sometimes it's easy to focus on the hear and now. Yes we have seemingly been a bit more settled, but only slightly as I've pointed out.

The only thing stable about the Rovers is our continued losses.

• Backroom

How many soft tissue injuries have we had this season are we now on 5 hamstrings? Henley, King, Hanley and some of those twice now.

I don't disagree with that. I was specifically referring to impact injuries.

Imo, simple logic dictates that an impact injury will not be helped very much by fitness. If I dislocate my shoulder like Rochina did, would you suggest he's as unfit as me?

I suspect that fitness would aid recovery time but doubt it would prevent the initial injury. If you know otherwise (as you are cryptically hinting) please explain as I'm happy to learn.

I don't disagree with that. I was specifically referring to impact injuries.

Imo, simple logic dictates that an impact injury will not be helped very much by fitness. If I dislocate my shoulder like Rochina did, would you suggest he's as unfit as me?

I suspect that fitness would aid recovery time but doubt it would prevent the initial injury. If you know otherwise (as you are cryptically hinting) please explain as I'm happy to learn.

Me too!

Care to explain your reasoning then, rather than just saying, I'm wrong, because?

I'm happy to debate it, but you need to bring a reason to the table so it can be discussed. You both made rather strong statements that I'm wrong to have said what I have, so explain why I'm wrong.

I respectfully suggest you re read what was said, clearly your interpretation of what was said is wrong, not what was stated. You can only help yourself in that regard.

Eventually they may well mess up again, or it may prove that we are too far gone to save. But if they put Venky's London Ltd into Administration it is very likely that we will not have a club within months.

In terms of losing Rovers I would take eventually and maybe with Venkys, rather than probably and within months without them. But that doesn't seem to be the popular view. Maybe people know about a crazy, rich Blackburn Fan waiting in the wings that I am not aware of. Or maybe they are just blinded by hate.

We will always have a club. The argument is about which league we will start the rebuilding in.

Once again for anyone who missed it:

WE WILL NEVER PROSPER UNDER THE RAOS.

Those questioning Maj should have a look at how many injuries T'Dingles have had, versus us, then note who their fitness coach is and when and where he used to work.

(And no im not talking about "impact injuries")

• Backroom

Those questioning Maj should have a look at how many injuries T'Dingles have had, versus us, then note who their fitness coach is and when and where he used to work.

(And no im not talking about "impact injuries")

Well impact injuries are what I was initially referring to and he hasn't yet responded to that point, instead talking about strains and pulls which even Steve Kean knows are fitness-related.

He's so far hinted I'm wrong without offering a reason. That deserves questioning.

You responded to his point that injuries arent down to luck, giving 4 examples from this season.

He replied saying that we've had far more soft tissue injuries.

So lets move on eh?

So why have Burnley had far less injuries than us? Could it possibly be because they are much fitter, and also that they have fewer players, so would incur less on average?

You responded to his point that injuries arent down to luck, giving 4 examples from this season.

He replied saying that we've had far more soft tissue injuries.

So lets move on eh?

So why have Burnley had far less injuries than us? Could it possibly be because they are much fitter, and also that they have fewer players, so would incur less on average?

And Mark Howard has been sadly missed!

isn't Rovers fitness coach Chris Neville also the England fitness coach under Roy Hodgson???

didn't Adrian Lamb also used to work for Rovers with Howard before he left to go and work for Villa under McLeish?

Are we fitter now or before Howard was removed? (How many question marks am I allowed ????)

The fitness went down hill rapidly very soon after Coco was appointed and it's never been the same. Don't know who or what the turnover of fitness coaches has been but what has been and still is missing is strong leadership from a manager to demand his players to get fit and flog them in training. A holiday camp mentality set in around the whole club and it will take time and some whip cracking to get it back I reckon.

isn't Rovers fitness coach Chris Neville also the England fitness coach under Roy Hodgson???

didn't Adrian Lamb also used to work for Rovers with Howard before he left to go and work for Villa under McLeish?

Also the highly rated Runya Bolloksov.

• Backroom

Also the highly rated Runya Bolloksov.

An all time chaddy classic up there with 'I know someone who plays golf with Tom Finn and we are signing x'

We have had a rotten mix of avoidable and unavoidable injuries this season it seems, the hammys and the like are worrying though

Archived