BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

no ive seen enough he has had his chance and proved he is not the

man to take us forward. Minght aswell get an experienced manger in now

to prepare for a promotion push next season , as this season has finnished

as far as we are concerned dispite a cracking result today.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times does it need asking? Why do you think we'd get in an experienced manager when everything we've seen up to now suggests we wouldn't?

Precisely. What evidence is there to suggest BRFC could carry out a full and proper managerial selection process? This last few years have seen 5 or 6 managers in the hotseat and somewhat sadly, Bowyer has been the best out of them. God forbid we let them pick another @#/? idiot

Precisely. What evidence is there to suggest BRFC could carry out a full and proper managerial selection process? This last few years have seen 5 or 6 managers in the hotseat and somewhat sadly, Bowyer has been the best out of them. God forbid we let them pick another @#/? idiot

I can see where you are coming from but when people talk about Bowyer, it's always as part of the club returning to normalcy, of being part the club's increasing stability. Shaw is supposedly now in charge and we have a proper finance director and commercial director, etc. Venkys have apparently lost interest and are leaving the club in their hands.

Yet these people would not be involved in the appointment of anyone better than Bowyer? That by sheer luck, they stumbled on the best possible manager for the club already within the ranks?

If that's the case, then the current 'stability' is false and we simply have three (different) puppets in the hot seats at Ewood.

Pick a scenario, because it's one or the other, IMHO.

now 115 out of 225 people who have voted now that Bowyer should remain the Rovers till at least end of the season with 30 of the 115 votes saying he should be manager next season and the 85 votes say review it in the summer

Or to put it another way 30 out of 225 say he should be manager next season.

Or to put it another way 30 out of 225 say he should be manager next season.

I think a number want to believe that his replacement would actually be an experienced manager. If it is a straight choice between Bowyer and somebody plucked from the Latvian third division then give me Bowyer every time. If it is a choice between Mackay and Bowyer then it comes down to results, players attitudes and targets for next season.

If I see "normalcy", "stability" or "steady the ship" once more I may scream.

I like to think 'normalcy' is a relatively new introduction to the board. ^_^

My point is klc that if we are normal then we should be able to have more faith a proper judgement being made (i.e. when the time comes an experienced manager being brought in). If we don't then it's simply a sham. If Bowyer is holding the whole club together himself, then we have a big problem.

I think a number want to believe that his replacement would actually be an experienced manager. If it is a straight choice between Bowyer and somebody plucked from the Latvian third division then give me Bowyer every time. If it is a choice between Mackay and Bowyer then it comes down to results, players attitudes and targets for next season.

:D klc do you honestly believe venkys would have heard of Malky McKay there's no chance venkys would ever do sensible chances are we will be lumbered with Judan Ali or some other desperado and then the horrible cycle begins again another poor manager buys more rejects he gets sacked and we are having to pay off more rubbish while staring financial ruin in the face at least most of Bowyers signings have been good. Don't get me wrong I would like nothing more than McKay to be in charge here as it would guarantee promotion but to expect McKay to be on their list is like asking too much.

I like to think 'normalcy' is a relatively new introduction to the board. ^_^

My point is klc that if we are normal then we should be able to have more faith a proper judgement being made (i.e. when the time comes an experienced manager being brought in). If we don't then it's simply a sham. If Bowyer is holding the whole club together himself, then we have a big problem.

Sometimes it isn't so black and white. It may be something to do with the removal of outside influences but we seem to be making more sensible appointments on and off the pitch - is that Shaw, Bowyer, Venkys or a combination of all 3 working together? My opinion is that Bowyer is at least involved in these decisions but i accept that he may just be a proxy indicator.

note: the selling of dann without any cover what so ever is the obvious outlier and suggests that decision came from afar...

:D klc do you honestly believe venkys would have heard of Malky McKay there's no chance venkys would ever do sensible chances are we will be lumbered with Judan Ali or some other desperado and then the horrible cycle begins again another poor manager buys more rejects he gets sacked and we are having to pay off more rubbish while staring financial ruin in the face at least most of Bowyers signings have been good. Don't get me wrong I would like nothing more than McKay to be in charge here as it would guarantee promotion but to expect McKay to be on their list is like asking too much.

Honestly - no. I don't expect a sensible decision from Venkys alone but recent appointments and lack of idiotic press comments make me wonder if they are finally taking advice from more knowledgable sources (even if some of said sources are still self-serving). I was trying to highlight my own mixed sentiments - i like Bowyer and what he has done but think that if promotion is absolutely essential then there may be better options. If however Bowyer is a primary reason for our seemingly improved decision making then i would not want him replaced at any cost as history suggests the next appointment would not be an upgrade...

note: the selling of dann without any cover what so ever is the obvious outlier and suggests that decision came from afar...

GB was asked on Radio Lancs before the end of the window if there were plans to cover any outgoings. He replied that there were but did not want to go into details. On that basis, I was very surprised when no-one was brought in.

It certainly did sound as though GB had plans to bring someone else in (many supporters argued he had no such plans). Would the owners have become involved directly, or would Shelfy have been the person who intervened?

Good result today - hopefully Mr Bowyer can prove us doubters wrong during the rest of this campaign and show that he is the right man for next season.

It be just like this lot to get something from Leicester and Watford, have results go our way, lift our hopes and then stick in the dagger with a miserable showing at Millwall.

Scott dann has been looking to leave rovers for a while, southampton in the summer was rumored. He's been trying to get out for a while and was always going to. There was no decision from afar, a team met his terms and he went asap as he didn't want to be here.

The Dann deal was one of those that seemed to suit all interested parties as in he had an eye on getting back to the prem and the club wanted to shift his ridiculous wages and bonuses. Don't think he was desperate to leave but should the chance come he wanted to take it. We'd brought Killa in ready who IMO is just as capable as Dann, cheaper but he is injury prone. Poor show by Bowyer and Shaw etc that no other decent cover was already brought in but not GB's fault that there were no other centre halves in the club. That's down to previous miss management.

Utter rubbish. He didn't show signs of not wanting to be here as he was our best defender.

Dann Rovers best defender??? Haha.

Maj, is right that Dann wanted out. That is why Kilgallon was bought in the summer as Dann's replacement who Rovers thought would be gone last summer.

Also Dann was on 37k a week. this was reported in the press when Dann left.

for me Hanley was our best defender and his partnership with Kilgallon looks better to me than Dann and Hanley did at any time this season.

If say Hanley had have been sold, you would say the exact opposite Chaddy. There is absolutely no point debating anything about Rovers with you as no matter what happens, you will refuse to disagree with anything that the club does, or the manager does.

How do you know that he wanted out? He didn't let it show in his performances, in which he was excellent.

If say Hanley had have been sold, you would say the exact opposite Chaddy. There is absolutely no point debating anything about Rovers with you as no matter what happens, you will refuse to disagree with anything that the club does, or the manager does.

How do you know that he wanted out? He didn't let it show in his performances, in which he was excellent.

Rovers wanted to sell Dann all season. Nixon and Cryer have said Dann was available last summer and for 6 million. that why Kilgallon was bought in by Bowyer to replace Dann in the summer.

Of course Dann played very well to get a move. not going to play poorly is he in order to get a move???

Hanley was clearly the better defender than Dann. Dont forget Hanley signed a new contract last summer aswell.

Also I have said that some Bowyer's signings have been poor and his subs and tactics have been poor somebody. has said this on this MB.

but Bowyer has made some very good signings also aswell.

Under Bowyer we now have stability and platform to push on for promotion next season.

doesn't mean jack chaddy, I can bet your bottom dollar hanley and Rhodes wont be here next season

I reckon both will be next season. Hanley as Captain and Rhodes as vice captain.

IMO, Hanley and Rhodes are KEY parts of Bowyer's long term plans and IMO would take 10 mil plus to get either Player. this is my opinion.

Rovers wanted to sell Dann all season. Nixon and Cryer have said Dann was available last summer and for 6 million. that why Kilgallon was bought in by Bowyer to replace Dann in the summer.

Of course Dann played very well to get a move. not going to play poorly is he in order to get a move???

Hanley was clearly the better defender than Dann. Dont forget Hanley signed a new contract last summer aswell.

Also I have said that some Bowyer's signings have been poor and his subs and tactics have been poor somebody. has said this on this MB.

but Bowyer has made some very good signings also aswell.

Under Bowyer we now have stability and platform to push on for promotion next season.

"Stability". That bloody word again. Aaarrrrgghhhhhh.

Archived