BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been around 3-6 points off the play offs most of the season. We're getting adrift now but we've been in and around for most of the season without ever seriously looking like we'll make it.

That is not factually correct, time to wake up and smell the coffee

What would your idea of progress have been this season? Top 2 in the bag with 3-0 victories each week?

If we finish top 10 then that is progress.

Er you deluded brainwashed fool .. This season even at Christmas has been advertised as a promotion push.

What would your idea of progress have been this season? Top 2 in the bag with 3-0 victories each week?

If we finish top 10 then that is progress.

Not trying to defend 1 goal leads then losing springs to mind, not being £20 million extra in debt, not looking at a transfer embargo, not losing to the Dingles, not capitulating to the keaners in Horwich, being able to hold my head up and say the Rovers are a great club etc etc etc

Er you deluded brainwashed fool .. This season even at Christmas has been advertised as a promotion push.

What do you expect them to promote is as? It's a marketing tool to sell tickets. Hardly going to advertise it as our push for mid table mediocrity, are they?!

He stopped the rot and steadied the ship but we've had numerous opportunities to kick on which he's said at times but come match day failed to grasp the bull by the horns. That's unfathomable for a team that's supposed to need promotion or bust. No leadership from upstairs though to pull him aside and say time to step it up. Deggsy on a nice little number, just plod on and if he gets sacked it's pay off time. He went attack at Leeds and we won, why? Because his lynchpin was out so he had to alter tactics. People keep saying we are better off than last season, off the pitch it would seem true but on it if we carry on loosing and the rot sets in again well we aren't are we !

I've recently touched on this subject in another thread. Currently we are on;

46 points from 34 games with a - 3 goal difference

Last season, even with all the turmoil and manager changes (i.e. - with none of this magical "stability") we were;.

45 points from 34 games with a -1 goal difference.

So yeah, we have made progress.

Totally agree with Kamy. Clubs like Forest, Ipswich and Bolton have all gone on shocking runs this season and lost several in a row yet, according to some, they have 'proper' managers. A lot of it boils down to the fact that there is a lack of respect for Bowyer's ability because he has coached at youth team and reserve level but never 1st team level. If he was Mick Mcarthy or Billy Davies would people be calling for his head? I don't think so.

Look at Holloway, hardly pulling up any trees at Millwall. Don't like this 'lose a game and sack the manager' culture. If this time next season we are only mid table, there are no excuses as he will have had plenty of time to bed in his own players, get a settled team and playing style.

The thing is that Bolton, Forest, Ipswich have also had fantastic form and put strings of wins together - when did we last actually play well? We've not put many winning runs together either.

I've said it from the minute we were relegated, you need an experienced manager in the championship.

I think we have to give GB at least until next November.

Don't forget he inherited an ageing unbalanced squad and he has also had to cut costs while trying to keep us competitive. Some players that he has signed has worked out and some haven't but that is the same for any manager.

We were seriously crap last night but I am sure if we had Cairney, Marshall and King available we would look like a different team.

I am not using that as an excuse because our injury record has been horrendous and I don't put that down to luck. I'm not sure what is happening but players seem to be getting injured to easily and this has to improve next season.

I think people are underestimating the fact that he has brought stability. We were a complete and utter shambles last season and we nearly got relegated because of it. There is no way we will get relegated this season so that in itself is an improvement.

The fact that we are talking about football again is an improvement.

He said on numerous occasions it would take at least 3 transfer windows to sort out the squad, well he has had 2 and I think after the shambles that he inherited he deserves a chance next season.

• Backroom

I think if we finish with less points than last season Bowyer and the club as a whole should be very disappointed. Whilst I don't necessarily believe a playoff position is within our grasp this season, not even managing to equal last season's points tally would be really hard to justify.

3 games ago we were praising him on here saying his tactics were spot on for reading away. We're on a bad run that coincides with some key injuries to cairney, Hanley, killgallon etc. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes... He has.. But my opinion is this job was not a quick fix. I would give him another season personally.

A few of us were saying the reading fixture was a stuck clock fixture or we'd finally found an opponent away that suited our tactics. Before that with the same tactics we should have been smashed for 5 at Boro but for Robbo and their bad finishing, we deserved nowt there.

I think we have to give GB at least until next November.

Don't forget he inherited an ageing unbalanced squad and he has also had to cut costs while trying to keep us competitive. Some players that he has signed has worked out and some haven't but that is the same for any manager.

We were seriously crap last night but I am sure if we had Cairney, Marshall and King available we would look like a different team.

I am not using that as an excuse because our injury record has been horrendous and I don't put that down to luck. I'm not sure what is happening but players seem to be getting injured to easily and this has to improve next season.

I think people are underestimating the fact that he has brought stability. We were a complete and utter shambles last season and we nearly got relegated because of it. There is no way we will get relegated this season so that in itself is an improvement.

The fact that we are talking about football again is an improvement.

He said on numerous occasions it would take at least 3 transfer windows to sort out the squad, well he has had 2 and I think after the shambles that he inherited he deserves a chance next season.

STABILITY......A CHICKEN TURD IS STABLE UNTIL YOU STAND IT

Archived