BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Updates

I'd assume it's over the top. Why should some ill advised people who live 9000 miles away and who had the misfortune to stick their toes in the shark infested waters of the Barclays Premier League provide ever more financial support to a football club in England whose supporters are only willing to pay approx 2/3rds the going rate for ST's in this Division? Ultimately to be healthy and progressive this club has to fund itself.

Jack Walker's involvement has spawned a dependent culture imo. Wean yourselves off the freebie nipple ffs!

It's their 'baby', you can't just let an infant fend for itself. They have to nourish and feed it like they promised! I think they made pledges to this end when they bought the club. It's irrelevant if we get 3000 or 30,000 on, they bought the club, @#/? it up, and now they can sustain it financially until we end up where we were when they bought it. Then sell up. If they don't want to they can sell up now. Then the club can get back to trying to be self-sufficient.

Nothing at all to do with a 'dependance' culture, everything to do with honouring obligations.

Mr Shaw confirmed that Venkys continue to support the club financially and have recently agreed to large spending on pitch renovations at both EwoodPark and Brockhall. 

Don't most clubs re-lay the playing surface each season or am i missing something bigger? Is this the extent of their 'financial support'?  

Well I'm not sure if you're missing anything but the pitch needs attention. There are areas where the drainage seems to be suffering and I suspect if we'd had a hard winter it would have cut up quite badly.

It's not the standard we used to enjoy.

• Moderation Lead

Even if we paid the 'going rate' for season tickets, we'd still have a gigantic deficit. IMO the club made a rod for their own back with the cheap tickets, it was always likely to lead to bother if/when we were relegated and had no sky brass.

As much as it was a good initiative in principle of course!!

The FF invited BRAG to come along to the meetings on more than occasion - the 'bird' was the response.

Fans Forum but with teeth - I think the phrase you're looking for is 'more faces than the town hall clock'.

What were you doing inviting BRAG, you should have asked the Action Group. :)

Although it seems fairly obvious that the alleged, and I assume metaphoric, 'bird' would have been aimed at certain individuals rather than the idea. I highly doubt that all members of the FF would welcome the AG.

What I meant by 'teeth' was they are asking the type of questions that the FF have said time and again is outside of their remit. The FF is good at addressing certain things, and seem to have a very cordial relationship with the club, whereas I don't see the AG ever being invited out to Pune for Darjeeling.

Let's face it though, both forums will only report back whatever BS the club want us to hear but the AG does at least table the uncomfortable questions and publishes the responses. The FF didn't seem to want to upset the club for fear of being banished but attempting to hold the club to account doesn't seem to have stopped the AG continuing their meetings.

I'd go so far as to say that the FF were partly responsible for creating the niche that was filled by the AG, and for all their supposed faults, the AG have always seemed united (whether right or wrong) whereas the FF have at times seemed split - especially when it came to the crunch.

I just hope when the time comes, both organisations can work with the Rovers Trust for the good of the club - although I'm genuinely not sure how the FF will be organised in such an event. The relationship between all three groups have been, dare I say, stable in recent months, it could soon become the elephant in the room if we aren't careful.

Hopefully this post doesn't start a slanging match but I do think there needs to be discussion. If I were the club I would be looking at having one meeting rather than two at some point. Taking a long view, I'd hate that to mean the disbanding of the FF because there are some very good people on there. Perhaps both sides need to think less about the bird and more about the olive branch.

• Backroom

In fairness Stuart apart from the transfer policy and the action group orientated topics that could easily read as a set of minutes from a FF meeting

Would be good to have a united front but can't ever see that and it seems for the foreseeable the club will be answering similar questions twice

I think the saddest thing of the whole situation is that this is now clearly their club and not ours. It doesn't matter whether we turn up or not,whether we protest or sit back and take it, we have no influence because they have paid for the club and that's it. We might as well just be a franchise. Biggest problem with foreign owners is they don't get the community aspect of a football CLUB. That's why I won't be returning next season.

It's not just just the community aspect they don't get.. It's football in general.

The idiots in India are clueless retards . As for the nobender he is the most gutless slimy

Pathetic excuse of human being. He takes his poisoned Indian blood money and parades around like the big I am when he's actually a rovers hating puppet of the fat owd hag.

Come on guys let's not start squabbling again. I am sure that the most of the Fans Forum respect what the Action Group do and vice versa. Any communication channel between the fans and the club can only be a good thing regardless the group involved.

To say "we've been nowhere near all season" is a nonsense statement. We haven't been in the lower half of the league all season. We've spent most of it between 7th - 10th which by my estimation is pretty near 6th, a playoff position. We've never put together a consistent run to actually get us into those spots, but we have been close on many occasions. Even now after a pretty poor run of 1 win in 8 we're only 7 points off. Likely a bridge too far with only 7 games remaining but still puts paid to any notion we've not been near the playoffs all season. It's only in the last 5 or 6 games that we've really started to fall away. it was only recently we were neck and neck with Ipswich, so are we saying they've not been anywhere near the playoffs all season too?

We've always been at least 2 wins away and never actually in the top 6.

Teams like Forest, Brighton, Reading and Ipswich have. To my mind, having to win two and hope results go for you just so you can sneak in the top 6 is nowhere near. Especially when you consider the performances and results when the above scenario was relevant.

• Backroom

We've always been at least 2 wins away and never actually in the top 6.

Teams like Forest, Brighton, Reading and Ipswich have. To my mind, having to win two and hope results go for you just so you can sneak in the top 6 is nowhere near. Especially when you consider the performances and results when the above scenario was relevant.

Isn't the very definition of near that you're close, rather than actually being there? Saying we've been nowhere near would suggest we've been languishing at the lower end of the table most of the season. We have been near, we've just never quite gotten there thanks to perpetual inconsistency. The draw against Sheff Weds followed by a home loss to Birmingham (I think after beating Leeds 2-1 away?) cemented the fact that the team hasn't got what it takes to go on a consistent run regardless of our fixture list. That simply has to improve next season, or we will continue to look at the playoffs from the outside in.

Saying we've been nowhere near the playoffs this season is just another way to unfairly malign Bowyer, as far as I'm concerned. There are criticisms to be leveled at him but consistency rather than how near we've been to playoff positions is surely where attention needs to be focused.

Regarding the questions that the BRFC Action Group ask in these meetings with the club. Any current issues which supporters have will be raised ongoing until the issue is resolved suitably, the subject of smoking areas is one which crops every week for instance, people cannot understand why other clubs can implement these yet we find it difficult. This issue affects both smokers and non-smokers and goes on the agenda because supporters want it to be discussed.

Any question no matter how tough or uncomfortable this may be for Mr Shaw, Mr Myers or any other club employee to answer, will be asked (within reason of course, we have had a catalogue of letters in the past from Forbes already and can do without more lol).

Any member of the BRFC Action Group can contact the group to get their question asked and we assure that if the question is reasonable then it will be asked and the answer minuted. If the club employee declines to answer this question then it will appear on the minutes as "(insert name) declined to answer this question", however we will ask it and give the club the chance to answer it.

Our members can write the agenda, they only have to let us know what they want putting to the club and the minutes will write themselves.

Archived