BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I'm missing something, you're wrong about needing Forest to lose today. If they draw, and then beat Brighton on the last day, they will finish on 69 points. If we win both our games (which is absolutely what we must do or we're out of it), we finish on 70 points. All we need from the Forest game is that they don't win. Anything else there is essentially irrelevant.

Correct. Forest will have nothing to play for even if they draw today really, as they would have to beat Brighton 15-0.

I calculated forest to be on 70 points if they draw today and win against Brighton and then it would be down to goal difference. But skyscore centre may be slow to update and I might have got confused.

Wait, relooked, you are correct, so if forest lose or draw today we need to hope that they still can be bothered for a meaningless game against brighton on the last day of the season as even if brighton draw, they have a better goal difference and so would get the playoff place, so we definitely need forest to beat them!

If Forest draw today and win against Brighton they will get 69 points.

They'd have to beat Brighton by 4 goals on the last day of the season to have a chance. However if Forest lose today that will be it for them - and possibly less inspiration to not let Brighton roll them on the last day?

Easier to predict on paper I guess. All we can do is win both our games and see.............

I see a very slim chance of promotion, basically if everything goes well today, we still need Burnley with nothing to play for to beat Reading away from home. And for Forest who would have nothing to play for to beat Brighton, 2 very slim chance of events happening. Oh and the small matter of us beating Wigan at home too.

Yep. 65 at the moment for Forest if they lose today.

We're currently still 2 points off that last play off place. We'd still need Brighton to lose and we'd need to better Readings result as well. Lot to ask for still. And that's if all results end as they are now.

I see a very slim chance of promotion, basically if everything goes well today, we still need Burnley with nothing to play for to beat Reading away from home. And for Forest who would have nothing to play for to beat Brighton, 2 very slim chance of events happening. Oh and the small matter of us beating Wigan at home too.

If Reading drop points today, then Burnley will only need to draw with Reading. And then if we win both our games we will finish above them.

Correct. Forest will have nothing to play for even if they draw today really, as they would have to beat Brighton 15-0.

Take another look at the table. If Forest draw, they will need to beat Brighton by 4 goals, as they are 7 goals worse off at the minute. I don't know where you got 15 goals from. They won't finish above us, if they draw today and we win both of our games.

That's not right either. Brighton's GD is +14, Forest's is +7. With them playing each other, a 4 goal win would do it for Forest.

Burnley had nothing to play for today, but did us a favour. They will not throw that game, as the shoe could be on the other foot in the future.

Well, Burnley had nothing to play for today and beat Ipswich. If Forest draw today they could go up with a very strong win over Brighton, so hopefully they won't just curl up and die (unless they go a goal down, I'd guess they might do then). I'd guess our playoff chances are at about...I dunno, 15-20 percent, if everything goes well today. Total promotion chances, probably about 5 percent.

Well, Burnley had nothing to play for today and beat Ipswich. If Forest draw today they could go up with a very strong win over Brighton, so hopefully they won't just curl up and die (unless they go a goal down, I'd guess they might do then). I'd guess our playoff chances are at about...I dunno, 15-20 percent, if everything goes well today. Total promotion chances, probably about 5 percent.

I'd settle for a trip to Wembley I guess.

Archived