BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we win today we also need notts forest to lose as they play brighton on the last day and we can't allow brighton to win or draw, so forest need to lose today so there 3 points on the last day don't overtake us. We also need wigan to win today so they are less needing of 3 points when they play us. And we need to hope that reading do not win any of their games.

Its going to take a miracle

Unless I'm missing something, you're wrong about needing Forest to lose today. If they draw, and then beat Brighton on the last day, they will finish on 69 points. If we win both our games (which is absolutely what we must do or we're out of it), we finish on 70 points. All we need from the Forest game is that they don't win. Anything else there is essentially irrelevant.

Unless I'm missing something, you're wrong about needing Forest to lose today. If they draw, and then beat Brighton on the last day, they will finish on 69 points. If we win both our games (which is absolutely what we must do or we're out of it), we finish on 70 points. All we need from the Forest game is that they don't win. Anything else there is essentially irrelevant.

I calculated forest to be on 70 points if they draw today and win against Brighton and then it would be down to goal difference. But skyscore centre may be slow to update and I might have got confused.

Wait, relooked, you are correct, so if forest lose or draw today we need to hope that they still can be bothered for a meaningless game against brighton on the last day of the season as even if brighton draw, they have a better goal difference and so would get the playoff place, so we definitely need forest to beat them!

• Backroom

A quarter of the way there

So far - perfect!

Edit - pb if we go up I'll give bowyer all the credit in the world after all that's his ultimate aim, if we fall short we can look back and ask why

Archived