BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

• Backroom

When I think of Charlton, I think of Clive Mendonca. Works on an oil-rig now, apparently.

I always liked him, just because it's a cool name

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be just typical of Rovers.....................

Win well at Charlton.

All other results go in our favour leaving us only to beat Wigan for a definite 6th spot and we fluff it at Ewood.

Still, it's interesting.

But personally, I can't see us getting 3 points at The Valley.

When I think of Charlton, I think of Clive Mendonca. Works on an oil-rig now, apparently.

When I think of Charlton I think of a blatent penatly right in front of Rovers fans, possibly on Ashley Ward? hacked down in the box right in front of the ref, never gave it, we went down that season, could have made the difference that decision :(

I love it when they play Into the Valley by The Skids, great tune

Looking forward to this one as always will be in the Big Smoke early to get some light refreshments...

Charlton still not out of the woods yet and probably will put up a good flight, but feeling optimistic.......Rovers 2-1 Rudy, Conway

I'm going to this one and really looking forward to it. Will be a tough match though with them fighting for their lives. Just think we'll have too much fire power for them and will end up winning.

I suspect our play off hopes will officially be over tomorrow with Reading expected to win but very promising signs for next season. We have a fantastic chance to get promotion next season and I'd say we will be one of the pre-season favourites.

Is there any pub nearby that away supporters go to?

Will be having a drink at London Bridge probably the Old Kings Head, then train straight to Charlton (15 mins) where the Antigallican or the Rose of Denmark are ale houses that you can frequent.

• Backroom

When I think of Charlton I think of a blatent penatly right in front of Rovers fans, possibly on Ashley Ward? hacked down in the box right in front of the ref, never gave it, we went down that season, could have made the difference that decision :(

That game was beamed to the big screen at Ewood I remember watching from the jack walker stand and it was blatant

Didn't he go around the keeper and get taken out?

This should be a comfortable win for Rovers, as Charlton have one of the worst attacks in this league. The game should be like the first sixty minutes away to Birmingham, so it should be interesting to see how Gary Bowyer calls it.

Charlton are poor.

I'm going seeing as I'm based in High Wycombe. Tickets available on the day so I'm taking the gamble that there will be one or two left (surely).

Looking forward to it and hopeful that we can end the season well despite not making the play-offs.

Oh Charlton...never forget that game 10 years ago. Was over for my 30th birthday. It was the game where Friedel scored towards the end before that danish bloke (Jensen?) scored the winner for them in what seemed like seconds later. Will never forget that day. Cold and breezy and that last goal by Charlton still stings!

Like I said before I really don't care to much about this game, but really hope we don't lose. I don't even bother thinking about the playoffs but think it would be good for the team if we could go through these last games without losing. Need to get rid of that losing mentality! Hope for a sneaky 1 goal win where someone unlikely like Lowe snatches the winner, but expect a dreary draw.

Oh Charlton...never forget that game 10 years ago. Was over for my 30th birthday. It was the game where Friedel scored towards the end before that danish bloke (Jensen?) scored the winner for them in what seemed like seconds later. Will never forget that day. Cold and breezy and that last goal by Charlton still stings!

Like I said before I really don't care to much about this game, but really hope we don't lose. I don't even bother thinking about the playoffs but think it would be good for the team if we could go through these last games without losing. Need to get rid of that losing mentality! Hope for a sneaky 1 goal win where someone unlikely like Lowe snatches the winner, but expect a dreary draw.

I was there too. I feel your pain....great to see the big man score to equalise only to get beat 3-2.

It was bitterly cold

Charlton have been very inconsistent over the last few weeks, but look like they have probably done enough to survive now with Barnsley/Yeovil out of reach and four other clubs below them. Whether that will mean they are more relaxed and what impact that has on their performance who knows.

Either way, like last week, if Rovers have any serious aspirations of a top six finish this season or next season, then Charlton away is a game we should be winning. Mind you I said the same about Yeovil at home. Charlton will probably view it as a chance to finish their season on a high and rubber stamp survival as early as possible.

Realistically we need to win both games now, which would give us a chance. Anything less than that or a win for Reading at Doncaster and its over with. Hope that Forest draw with Brighton & Bournemouth and that Yeovil do what Blackpool did and take something away from Brighton tonight.

That game was beamed to the big screen at Ewood I remember watching from the jack walker stand and it was blatant

I just remember their keeper absolutely poleaxing him and us getting nothing. Was one of the worst refereeing decisions in memory.

I am going to this one now as I've managed to get some tickets courtesy of a Charlton lad. Told myself I would not bother again after the Yeovil debacle, but here goes nothing. It would be nice to have something to play for on the Wigan match, but I think we'll slip up and draw tomorrow.

i think of pernod and black,vodka and train journey home . :(

They also showed the Southampton match, 3 - 1 up and we managed let the Saints grab a draw

Is there any pub nearby that away supporters go to?

I went last season and drank in Greenwich Village. Its a great little area of London, a lot of pubs within a small area, and only 3 train stops (approx 10 mins) from Charlton Station which is right outside the ground. I cant recall there being a great deal around the ground

• Backroom

I don't know. Lee Carsley played that day and his record was flawless.

If the penalty was important enough to be the difference between us staying up and going down he would have missed. We were going down that season one way or the other :(

I just remember their keeper absolutely poleaxing him and us getting nothing. Was one of the worst refereeing decisions in memory.

I am going to this one now as I've managed to get some tickets courtesy of a Charlton lad. Told myself I would not bother again after the Yeovil debacle, but here goes nothing. It would be nice to have something to play for on the Wigan match, but I think we'll slip up and draw tomorrow.

I seem to remember Ward being clean through, the keeper and two defenders converging on him, with all three taking him out at once. The most blatant penalty ever.

That squad we had spent about 20 million on Blake, Ward, Egil and Davies. Unclucking believable.

I seem to remember Ward being clean through, the keeper and two defenders converging on him, with all three taking him out at once. The most blatant penalty ever.

That squad we had spent about 20 million on Blake, Ward, Egil and Davies. Unclucking believable.

(Ostenstad arrived the season after as part of a swap-deal for Davies.)

And people think we vastly overpaid for Rhodes.

• Backroom

Rovers twitter account tweeted a picture of the office staff with Allez allez Allez Oh scarves

I guess they are being given away to all the fans tomorrow but what does it mean? Is that what that weird new song is meant to be?

Archived